Hopkin Appointed - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hopkin Appointed

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It was always one of those things that at one point in life he wanted to come to Morton to where it should be, in the Premiership.”  :wub:

So refreshing to hear that. We're well rid of JJ. 

Obviously we got a bit of it when McKinnon was appointed before reverting to type by having JJ talking us down again but it's great to at least hear that sort of talk.

In people's faces, being a force, and heading for the Premiership.

Naive to blindly lap it up when we have been let down so often and oh so recently, but hard not to let a wee bit of enthusiasm creep in.

“When he was at Morton and I was at Tottenham, I used to help out with player recommendations.”

So we’re holding him responsible for Jake Nicholson, Jamie McCormack and Ben Sampayo then?

In all seriousness, encouraging words. There’s real talk of building something as opposed to just throwing around a phrase like ‘three year plan’ without any indication of what that actually means, which suggests they’re genuinely committed. They also clearly already know how they want to play which means they should have a plan for what kind of player they want to bring in, rather than waiting around for players to call them, only signing players they’ve worked with before or taking whatever Dutch ringers an agent offers them, like some of our previous managers.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

If we play a high intensity pressing game next season then just give me my season ticket now.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I'm sure Hopkin played 3-5-2 at Livi when they went up last season. I do remember their squad being very fit and pressed throughout the game. They also took their chances very well in the box. 

I like what McElhone said about going into fitness coaching to push himself to the highest level to, it speaks to a strength of character and determination. Words come cheaply, but it's so refreshing to hear a management team - especially of this pedigree - speaking with the determination and sense of purpose that both of them have so far.

We need to wait and see what kind of players come in, but if Tidser renews then there's plenty of reasons to be cheerful. How quickly things can change in football.

AWMSC

“The way we are going to play is high-energy, pressing, in your face, we want to dictate – listen, we want to win football games."

Some change from JJ.

We are going to be a team of big dirty bastards....and I can’t wait. About time!

Sounds like teams will dread coming to face us as we will

Be right in their face.

Love the revolution!

We are going to be a team of big dirty bastards....and I can’t wait. About time!

Sounds like teams will dread coming to face us as we will

Be right in their face.

Love the revolution!

#Raesrevolution

Archived