Signing Targets - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Signing Targets

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toshney's a solid centre back, but at Dundee United McKinnon tended to play him at right back, where he's not been great with any club.

While it's natural for fans to speculate and that's going to lead to thinking about players who've worked under McKinnon before, Ray McKinnon isn't Gary Locke. His signing policy isn't going to be restricted solely to players he's worked with before like Bobby Barr and Mark Durnan, although with the number of players released by Dundee United this summer it wouldn't be a surprise to see one or two come in.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Thomson...Christ. Hopefully he realises his career lies elsewhere, though he has a lot to say in the Telegraph!

Tidser and Iredlae are the only two from those 4 I would retain.

I'd be happy to keep McHugh as a squad player/3rd striker type. He did score 8 goals for us ad we know he's a decent option to have from the bench. (Would need to offer a lot more to merit a starting place)

Would like to think we would bring in a couple of better strikers though. Ryan Hardie would be a good addition and he worked with him at Raith.

Be interesting to see if he goes with the 4 2 3 1 formation he played at DU.

As per P and B, he's returned to Celtic at the end of his loan to Ross County and is out of contract. Whether he'll get offered a new deal - or better ones elsewhere - is unknown. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived