Top Goal Scorer - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Top Goal Scorer

Graeme

Who will be Mortons Top Goal scorer for the new season?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Mortons Top Goal scorer for the new season?

• Chris Templeman
    • Derek Lilley
    • Jason Walker
    • Andy McLaren
    • Peter Weatherson
    • Another

Got to be Derek Lilley for top goal scorer with Templeman a close second.

Baggy Basement, The Last Friday of Every Month ONLY @ Cleats basement.

Next Baggy Basement - Friday 26th January 9pm - 1am!!!!

Inverclyde's ONLY Friday night, Indie Orientated event!

Need a mention on Tannoy? Contact me on gmfctannoy@hotmail.co.uk

Don't ignore Jason Walker (how long before he starts getting called Jazza?). That goal against Altrincham was a peach, such a good turn to take the entire defence out of play. I reckon Jason and Vialli will be our strikers this season, especially if Temps is injured just now - I reckon he could find it hard to get back in the team.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Each of the three goals from Saturday were good in their own way.

However, the first was fantastic. Great ball out of defence (was that Harding? Couldn't make him out.) A knock down from Derek. I actually assume that it was intended for a player (Peter, presumably) to run onto up the right, but obviously didn't get enough on the ball. Brilliant work by McLaren. Just look where he ran from and it was three against one. OK, he didn't get the ball, but, he did enough to force the defender into a mistake. Once the mistake had been made, Derek showed some great awareness, speed and strength to take advantage of the situation.

Guest se56an
Don't ignore Jason Walker (how long before he starts getting called Jazza?).  That goal against Altrincham was a peach, such a good turn to take the entire defence out of play.  I reckon Jason and Vialli will be our strikers this season, especially if Temps is injured just now - I reckon he could find it hard to get back in the team.

5211[/snapback]

I wouldn't mind seeing both up front for a few games this season, both goals at the weekend were quality stuff, Derek for his awareness of the game and Jason for skinning a whole defence :D

Cant see past Lilley.

However liking the sound that wee Jason is maybe back on again, as he was pretty lacking in confidence last season.

Think Temps will do well also.

Guest midTONs

I think Lilley and Temps will be neck and neck but I've opted for the big man to bag one or two more than Lilley, Jason I think if he was given a run in the team would do well as well.

Also think Andy as well as Peter will get a few.

Guest se56an
Cant see past Lilley.

However liking the sound that wee Jason is maybe back on again, as he was pretty lacking in confidence last season.

Think Temps will do well also.

5260[/snapback]

No wonder he was lacking in confidence, sitting there warming the bench watching alex doing a headless chicken act every week.

He did well when he came on at the weekend, well taken goal..

Lilley, without a doubt, at least 25 strikes.

Templeman won't do too badly either, bout 20.

Millar might grab a dozen or so, same for McLaren.

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

got to be Vialli, hopefully jason walker will get a few this season, started off really well last season and seems to be doing good in pre-season this year

No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind.

Buy the ticket, take the ride...

I think it depends on Templeman's early form. If he does not play well, Jason will probably start ahead of him. If Templeman does click then I reckon he will be top scorer because Lilley will be the target man and whoever is playing off him - Temps or Jason - will benefit. I also think Lilley will score quite a few himself but I think he will assist in more than he scores.

Archived