Mc Cluskey Must Go - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mc Cluskey Must Go

He hasn't been kicked out and The Dubaigate incident was months ago, hes not going anywhere unless somebody makes a serious offer for him, so.......he's not going anywhere!

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Could we afford to let him go right now??

From the reports on the pre-season games it doesnt sound like our defence has been rock solid and we dont exactly have much cover in that department. I doubt he'll be going anywhere unless we get a good offer or a swap deal.

user posted image "Steve Beaton, he's not Adonis, he's THE donis"

Could we afford to let him go right now??

From the reports on the pre-season games it doesnt sound like our defence has been rock solid and we dont exactly have much cover in that department.  I doubt he'll be going anywhere unless we get a good offer or a swap deal.

4748[/snapback]

He'll do a job if needed, unlike Williams!

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

McCluskey made a mistake going to Dubai (to try and get himself a better deal). The guys wages are paid by Morton and he should be ready and available for selection if required. I'm sure McInally has discussed the situation with the player and it looks like he wants to stay (given his selection already). Get off the guys back and let's see how McInally manages the player.

I also believe that the same should be done with Williams.

I think that McLuskey thought that he was on the way out of Cappielow and (inadvisadley) thought that the "near-east" competition was an oportunity to show his talents but unfortunately this didn't work out and he was left exposed as an opportunist trying to sell his wares abroad for mega-bucks. Sadly for him it didn't work-out and he had to come back to Cappielow basically cap in hand to serve out his contract.

Hands up all of us who would with the attraction of big money woudn't sell our souls for the money.....I'm first to say "gimme the money"

I'm Greenock born and bred but if another team paid me the money...I'd kiss the jersey and take the money.

Sadly the days of playing your career for love of the the local team are long gone.

Now, as we are playing his wages it would make sense to use his considerable talents as a professional footballer.

There are some real holier than thou characters on this board. jpmil is spot on. McCluskey had been dropped and thought he was on his way out. He was guilty of looking for another job. How many of us would not do that if you thought the writing was on the wall for your present job.

For goodness sake leave the guy alone. He is a good defender and an excellent player to have in the squad. Some of you guys out there just love to talk down players which does nothing for the player or the team. If you can't be positive just shut up!!

completely agree with jpmil and tonsilitis.

who wants to go back to a team full of losers, gamblers, alkies and idiotic wee boys who would kiss the badge and cry on the pitch at the drop of yet another three points?

i'd play mcluskey every week, at least he is a good professional who hates to lose. we're a far, far better team with him in it.

the guy below loves the boaby.

I think McCluskey's agent has gave him some bad advice at vital times in his career.

I don't rate him much, but while he's at Morton I'm right behind him.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

Everyone knows how highly i rate McCluskey and if he improves his attitude this season he could be a crucial player for us.

5141[/snapback]

Correct. We are not blessed with defensive cover and McCluskey can play an important role.

Can't believe how many still fall for the badge kissing conmen.

Archived