Fao Div - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Fao Div

Do you think I will be hassled if I go out on Saturday afternoon with a St Mirren Supporter friend of mine if we both wear our strips??

What pubs do you recommend to go/Avoid??

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

4452[/snapback]

I'd recommend that you drink somewhere that serves shirtlifters.

:P

TIME TO GO, JIM

Yeah there are loads of shirtlifters in paisley.....Or is that shoplifters  :D

4455[/snapback]

both!  :lol:

4456[/snapback]

lol  :D    Shirtlifting Shoplifters.

4459[/snapback]

There will be a large influx of both on Saturday...but they should all disappear about 4:45...or earlier if their team is more than 2 goals down :lol:

I started watching Saints at the beginning of the 76/77 season. Of the 67 competitive games played between Saints and Mor*on since then the record is...

Saints wins 42, Mor*on wins 14, draws 11

Read it and weep.

There will be a large influx of both on Saturday...but they should all disappear about 4:45...or earlier if their team is more than 2 goals down :lol:

4513[/snapback]

I take it Frank that would be the Linwood brotherhood of skunks :lol:

B) ScotinBelgie

4513[/snapback]

oh behave!

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

To be perfectly honest I wouldn't recommend drinking in any of the town centre pubs wearing a Morton shirt. You may well be perfectly safe but you never know what sort of nutters are around in Paisley at the best of times never mind on derby day.

If you do want to drink wearing your colours then the obvious places to do so are up near the away end, the Cottage I think is the "traditional" Moron pub, but I can't say I have ever drank up that end of town in all my years so dunno what it is like.

If you want to have a decent pint in Paisley there are loads of good pubs in the town centre, Sportsters is where I usually go pre-match which is very close to Gilmour Street. They only allow St.Mirren tops - no other colours allowed :D

I'm a bit gutted that I'm missing this years game now :(

The Cottage is alright, they sell Blackthorn and Magners, so that's good enough for me.

It's quite small, but has a pool table and quite a few seats, but will be mobbed before the game as its right next to the away entrance of Love Street.

Missing the derby Div ?  How come ?

4551[/snapback]

It is the wifes birthday this weekend.

During a moment of madness in February I booked up a trip to London for this weekend so I will be "larging" it up in Leicester Square when Saints are putting Morton to the sword :angry:

The Cottage Pub , in Paisley you say.

Just looks like any other Paisley pub :unsure:

"More and more people, no matter their political persuasion, are now seeing this for what it is; not a YES vote for SNP led nationalism but simply a YES vote for self-determination and the best way forward for a nation, increasingly ignored and disadvantaged by a London biased Government "

http://nationalcollective.com/

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................

ps. Cottage Arms. Surely everyone knows it?

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

The Cottage is alright, they sell Blackthorn and Magners, so that's good enough for me.

It's quite small, but has a pool table and quite a few seats, but will be mobbed before the game as its right next to the away entrance of Love Street.

4552[/snapback]

cottage has just got a new owner and has been renevated so might be diff on the tops but cant see them turning away good money dont worry though coz am sure the new stad de greenhill will have a pub joined on to it ;)

I would goto the cottage but my mate will have his St Mirren top on and I cant be arsed if anyone tries to noise him up!!..

Might just go out in Glasgow first but its seems a shame to have to do that when we support opposite teams and just want a bit of banter and a pint before the game

yes_to_a_just_scotland_cover.jpg?itok=zU

Will be fine in there, Scott - always mixed.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

Archived