Witton Updates - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Witton Updates

ThornTON

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest se56an
Salty, signing off...

I'm away tae the chinky! :)

4392[/snapback]

That statement is politically incorrect.

It should have been.

'I'am away to the ethnic fastfood place'

Anyone know how we performed? Can't really take a score as face value in a firendly as it is usually more about the performance.

Still, sounds like a fairly decent exercise goin down there. Think these teams are of a higher standard than the likes of the Highland League sides and local Junior outfits that we have played in previous years.

Also will this be the 1st season where we aint played a game at home in pre-season?

Anyone know how we performed? Can't really take a score as face value in a firendly as it is usually more about the performance.

Still, sounds like a fairly decent exercise goin down there. Think these teams are of a higher standard than the likes of the Highland League sides and local Junior outfits that we have played in previous years.

Also will this be the 1st season where we aint played a game at home in pre-season?

4412[/snapback]

Look at my post on page 5.

Guest Exiled Scot

Just back from the game. We played ok, they started the game a lot stronger and had a fair few chances, we looked shakey in defence. As the first half progressed we got much more into it and Jason scored a good goal from a corner. Walker and Templeman played up front in the first half but in the second half Lilley came on and played up front with Temp and Walker went on the wing.

Second half they played well early on but we gradually began to control the game and got a second when Lilley broke through and shot, hard, but as the keeper parried it out it came off a defender running back and into the net.

Good crowd for Morton, about 60 or 70. Good wee stadium and a friendly club.

How did Lilley and Templeman look up front togetther?

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

As was mentioned, an uneventful workout, against hard working opposition. Much better than playing Highland league teams.

1st Half Team Line Up

-----------------------------------1. McGurn

2.Weatherson---------4.Harding--------5.McCluskey-----3.MacGregor

7.McLaren------------ 8.Adam-----------6.Keenan------11.McAllister

-----------------------9. Templeman------10.J.Walker

2nd Half Line Up

-----------------------------------1. McGurn

2.Weatherson---------4.Harding--------12.Greacen-----3.MacGregor

15.Finlayson------------16.Millar-----------6.Keenan(Adam back on)--10.J.Walker

-----------------------9. Templeman------14.Lilley

McLaren cut between two defenders got to the byeline and cut back for Jason Walkers goal. I'd definately play him on the right wing this season. It's where he is most effective, in addtion Finlayson hasn't impressed me.

McGroarty wasn't even on the bench. Doesn't look like he'll get a contract. Also heard that even though it seems McCluskey has been given a second chance with us, he is not interested and doesn't think he will be with us at the start of the season.

MacGregor looking a bit fitter, committed in the tackle. Templeman showed some nice touches, although he had a header rebound off the post his heading is still woefull, in particular timing his jumps. I thought Jason Walker was pretty good on the left side of midfield.

I also noticed Lilley was shouting at some players for what they were doing wrong but with Templeman spent the time encouraging him. Maybe realising who needs encouragement and who needs a boot up the arse ? I definately think he should be made captain.

I also noticed Lilley was shouting at some players for what they were doing wrong but with Templeman spent the time encouraging him. Maybe realising who needs encouragement and who needs a boot up the arse ? I definately think he should be made captain.

4542[/snapback]

i've said all along that lilley would be a great foil for temps, even if its from the learning experience of playing alongside him....this would seem to reinforce that point

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Thanks very much for the great info, Jona.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

Uneventful, but definitely sounds like a good workout. From the various posts it sounds overall that going south was a much better choice than going north. Hopefully we will see the benefits of this throughout the season but especially on Saturday.

Also good to hear Lilley is working well with Temps.

Only concern would be the back four if McCluskey is not interested, McGroarty doesn't look like getting a contract and MacGregor is still struggling for fitness. We definitely need to try and get some cover in.

:mellow: ScotinBelgie

Agree with Jona's report but would like to add that we could and should ahve a been a couple of goals down before we scored.We pretty much ran the show in the second half.........AND it took us 7 hours to get to the game due to a smash on the A74, good job we left at 12 o'clcok.

Archived