John Mccormack - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

John Mccormack

The Naitch

Cowboy had us playing the best football I have seen for a long time. Remember we were beating teams by 4 or 5 goals on a regular basis.

There were problems in the dressing room, but who was to blame for that remains to be seen.

I agree he had to go after loosing the league.Almost everyone could see we needed to strenghen the team in the January transfer window and he did nothing.The team was far too lightwieght and other teams learned how to play against us,they simply out fought our midfield.

Strange we could see that and even after his Brazillian coaching he could not.

I still think he has something to offer the game,and hope he gets his chance again.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

he had the wrong attitude, he thought as long as we had a decent strikeforce we would do well

his method was, and i quote, "if they score 2 the we'll score 3, if they score 3 then we'll score 4, simple"

No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind.

Buy the ticket, take the ride...

He has just kept falling down the managerial ladder

Morton

Stranraer Assistant

Stenny Assistant

Junior

I think he is going to find it really hard to get back in to the senior level again.

Baggy Basement, The Last Friday of Every Month ONLY @ Cleats basement.

Next Baggy Basement - Friday 26th January 9pm - 1am!!!!

Inverclyde's ONLY Friday night, Indie Orientated event!

Need a mention on Tannoy? Contact me on gmfctannoy@hotmail.co.uk

He has just kept falling down the managerial ladder

Morton

Stranraer Assistant

Stenny Assistant

Junior

I think he is going to find it really hard to get back in to the senior level again.

3855[/snapback]

Prior to that he was with Dundee and was punted after they won the 1st.

Then Queen's Park, then us.

AT

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Cowboy had us playing the best football I have seen for a long time. Remember we were beating teams by 4 or 5 goals on a regular basis.

There were problems in the dressing room, but who was to blame for that remains to be seen.

I agree he had to go after loosing the league.Almost everyone could see we needed to strenghen the team in the January transfer window and he did nothing.The team was far too lightwieght and other teams learned how to play against us,they simply out fought our midfield.

Strange we could see that and even after his Brazillian coaching he could not.

I still think he has something to offer the game,and hope he gets his chance again.

3829[/snapback]

John McCormack did try to strengthen the team during that period - remember, Paul Fenwick fcked him about for ages then decided to stay at Hibs for the dosh, and he was very close to signing Owen Coyle, who opted to go back to Airdrie.

We all know what happened next.

Seriously, we were so far ahead at Jan - was anyone REALLY bothered that we didn't strengthen?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Yes, he lost the dressing room, but that wouldn't be a difficult thing considering some of the knobs that were occupying it at the time.

He was a disciplinarian style manager, they type that is less popular these days, but perhaps what is needed at many clubs.

He was their boss, not their mate.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

Archived