St. Mirren Are A Far Bigger Club Than Morton - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

St. Mirren Are A Far Bigger Club Than Morton

the last two times you've been in the top flight you've conceded 100+ goals.

can anyone confirm this?

2030[/snapback]

This is correct. In their penultimate Premier season in 1984/5 they shipped 100 goals.

On their return to the top flight in 1987/8,they did it again,but this time with a bit of style.

With one game remaining and 97 goals conceded,they not only managed to lose the three goals necessary to take them into triple figures again,but they had the distinction of conceding one of the goals to the opposition's goalkeeper. :D

Andy Goram pinged one in from 80 yards against them.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How good would that be...Morton V St. Mirren in the SPL. Never experienced that.

2189[/snapback]

Of course you've never exerienced that...Mor*on have never been anywhere near playing in the SPL :rolleyes:

I started watching Saints at the beginning of the 76/77 season. Of the 67 competitive games played between Saints and Mor*on since then the record is...

Saints wins 42, Mor*on wins 14, draws 11

Read it and weep.

They're just a bunch of c***s with no stadium, basically.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

Could someone tell me exactly why any of this matters?

Are we all supposed to start greetin' and say "oh no, I'd better go and support a club that's won more league points over the last 50 years, has been in more finals/semi-finals etc. etc.?

Supporting a team on the basis of its perceived "size" is a pathetic criteria, and trying to get one over on other teams for being "smaller" misses the point of why any true supporter supprts their team.

The whole idea of "which club is bigger than another" is a nonsense anyway, and is the kind of thing you hear in playgrounds, from kids who have nothing better to do whilst waiting for their first pube to sprout. Is that it, Captain Sensible? Still waiting for your stones to drop?

AE

Of course St Midden are a bigger club.... Just look at Yardley, Pataleinen, and Fatty Lavety. Don't get much bigger than those three. Each of them makes Andy Ritchie look like Kate Moss.

Number of Renfrewshire Cups in trophy room: Morton 1 St Midden 0.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I thought you got rid of him for eating the youth team  :unsure:

4280[/snapback]

Would that be the youth team that came on as 2nd half subs against your 1st team at Love St 4 years ago and gave you a good gubbing :lol:

I started watching Saints at the beginning of the 76/77 season. Of the 67 competitive games played between Saints and Mor*on since then the record is...

Saints wins 42, Mor*on wins 14, draws 11

Read it and weep.

Archived