The Morton weekly podcast - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Morton weekly podcast

74GMFC

🚨 Football CFB Schedule 🚨Thursday - The @Morton_FC weekly with @football_cfb - I will interview the manager & CEO with fans Q’s fortnightly & the weeks in between I’ll be joined by a current or former @Morton_FC player to discuss their career in the game with a Morton focus.

Any questions for David Hopkin and Dave McKinnon can be sent to media@gmfc.net or I am happy for people to email them directly to me themortonweekly@gmail.com as this email will be the one I check for all ‘Morton weekly podcast’ correspondence. 🔵⚪️

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it this is unrelated to the official TonTalk podast? And if so, why are the club taking part in something that could be done through its own channels and generating advertising revenue?

To answer that, it is an official Morton podcast and part of more content going out including TonTalk.

Is the club gaining from this financially in any way? If not, are the people making this podcast going to be gaining from this financially?

It’s a weekly Morton interview podcast, it is highly unlikely to be monetised or sponsored by anyone.

Is the club gaining from this financially in any way? If not, are the people making this podcast going to be gaining from this financially?

the main aim is to engage with fans in a way that allows them to have their opinions and questions voiced. Financial motivation is does not come into it.

the main aim is to engage with fans in a way that allows them to have their opinions and questions voiced. Financial motivation is does not come into it.

That wasn't what he asked. Answer the question.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

There's no chance a podcast with a few hundred listeners will be making money. Even if it was to have a sponsor then that's good business practice for once and not something to slate the club for in my opinion.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

There's no chance a podcast with a few hundred listeners will be making money. Even if it was to have a sponsor then that's good business practice for once and not something to slate the club for in my opinion.

exactly this - I am not making money and not the motivation for this. Fans have long said they want more engagement and this is what I and the club are trying to achieve. I understand the usual “aw that’s going to be pish” sentiment.

It’s a weekly Morton interview podcast, it is highly unlikely to be monetised or sponsored by anyone.

It'd depend how good it was, but as part of a semi-competent online media package there'd be a few bob in it - more traffic to the website, for a start, getting local businesses involved which could lead to things like programme adverts, match sponsorships, advertising boards etc. The social media reach isn't insignificant, if nothing else; getting your company's name on any pod-related tweets and promo images wouldn't harm anybody so I don't think you can easily say there'd be no interest.

None of which would necessarily be a fortune in themselves, but if the club seriously wants to run on a break-even basis then it needs to be wringing every last penny from every available source. I don't see any reason they should be doing podcasts for some guy's website when they don't even keep their own updated.

AWMSC

It'd depend how good it was, but as part of a semi-competent online media package there'd be a few bob in it - more traffic to the website, for a start, programme adverts, getting local businesses involved which could lead to things like match sponsorships or advertising boards etc. The social media reach isn't insignificant, if nothing else; getting your company's name on any pod-related tweets and promo images wouldn't harm anybody so I don't think you can easily say there'd be no interest.

None of which would necessarily be a fortune in themselves, but if the club seriously wants to run on a break-even basis then it needs to be wringing every last penny from every available source. I don't see any reason they should be doing podcasts for some guy's website when they don't even keep their own updated.

Pretty much. I'm sure the content is going to be what we're looking for, however social media and content such as this should be completely under the club's remit. It allows the club total control over the marketing and sponsorship opportunities, the content (and it's timing) and of course means retention of any revenue generated from it. 

It appears to me to be a half-arsed way to do things, which also restricts us from increasing income. It's very on-brand for Morton I suppose. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

We’ve not even scratched the surface about the boy supporting fucking Celtic yet.

Fair point, I'd also much rather this kind of thing was done by a genuine fan. Image we were to draw Celtic in the cup and he's doing the interviews and stuff, pretending to be 'one of the lads', while all the time he's hoping we get humped. No thanks, if we have to rely on OF fans patronising their local wee diddy team for a decent media output, I'd rather we didn't bother at all.

The commercial revenue likely generated from a Morton podcast is the square root of hee-haw, that complaint is a red herring tbh. I’d be surprised if they can sustain a weekly offering of worthwhile content though: not least given the club’s seeming obsession with peddling a single party line on everything. I can’t say I’d have much interest in having the same PR/hard luck stories from the Tele being peddled on a different format tbh.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

We’ve not even scratched the surface about the boy supporting fucking Celtic yet.

if you understood my situation you’d understand my passion for Morton. Not claiming to be up there with the high heights that you obviously have that a Morton scarf in the womb is a necessity to be taken in anyway seriously. As far as I’m concerned listen and enjoy if you can stomach that and if not a

at least enjoy the content of Ewan with Ton Talk who is as passionate a Morton fan as there is.

Last thing I’ll say is - I don’t care for being one of the lads, my passion for Scottish football is more far reaching than just Celtic and that’s been shown over the years in many way to those who know me.

The way I see it with some fans unfortunately is that the club are damned if they do something different knowing then the moment they do they are damned for that also like I am in your book by being a Celtic man, a **** or whatever other insult you want to throw at me. You don’t care for my situation with my unique upbringing nor do I expect you to as It’s in doubt “just another taxi driver pish story” or some such in your mind that you’ll play to the crowd with on here. Enjoy your night mate!

Archived