Rangers Statement - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Rangers Statement

TRVMP

The statement from King is factually incorrect.  Rangers were not demoted from the SPL.  They ceased to exist because of liquidation and the SPFL merely applied their rules and accepted an application to join the league from a new club.  All new clubs are admitted to the third division.  It is not clear what Mr King can regard as unfair in that?

With regard to Rangers being stripped of titles, should the same apply to Livingston's league cup win or Hearts Scottish cup final win 5-0 v Hibs?   What is the difference between them?  They all played players they could not afford and went bust costing creditors lots of money.

Much as I don't like Rangers for many reasons, I think it is probably time to move on in Scottish football.   

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The statement from King is factually incorrect.  Rangers were not demoted from the SPL.  They ceased to exist because of liquidation and the SPFL merely applied their rules and accepted an application to join the league from a new club.  All new clubs are admitted to the third division.  It is not clear what Mr King can regard as unfair in that?

With regard to Rangers being stripped of titles, should the same apply to Livingston's league cup win or Hearts Scottish cup final win 5-0 v Hibs?   What is the difference between them?  They all played players they could not afford and went bust costing creditors lots of money.

Much as I don't like Rangers for many reasons, I think it is probably time to move on in Scottish football.   

Why don't you ask when you're making them a wee cup of tea in January.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

The statement from King is factually incorrect. Rangers were not demoted from the SPL. They ceased to exist because of liquidation and the SPFL merely applied their rules and accepted an application to join the league from a new club. All new clubs are admitted to the third division. It is not clear what Mr King can regard as unfair in that?

With regard to Rangers being stripped of titles, should the same apply to Livingston's league cup win or Hearts Scottish cup final win 5-0 v Hibs? What is the difference between them? They all played players they could not afford and went bust costing creditors lots of money.

I generally agree that it's time to move on, but surely the difference would be between legal and illegal actions? That's why we're discussing this again, is it not?

And while it would be best if we could all move on, isn't the whole problem with the Old Firm that they've been incapable of moving on from the past? Scottish football has been stuck with this problem for a long long time. I don't see it (them) going away any time soon.

The statement from King is factually incorrect. Rangers were not demoted from the SPL. They ceased to exist because of liquidation and the SPFL merely applied their rules and accepted an application to join the league from a new club. All new clubs are admitted to the third division. It is not clear what Mr King can regard as unfair in that?

With regard to Rangers being stripped of titles, should the same apply to Livingston's league cup win or Hearts Scottish cup final win 5-0 v Hibs? What is the difference between them? They all played players they could not afford and went bust costing creditors lots of money.

Seriously Nick (and this isn't intended as a criticism), I don't think it's advisable for a director of an SPFL club to be so unequivocal about the old club/new club debate on social media with the knuckle scrapers in their support.

Regarding your comparisons between Rangers and Hearts and Livingston though, I'd say the major difference is that the creditors of the latter two, through the administration process eventually agreed a settlement. Rangers' main creditors, HMRC, didn't, hence their liquidation. To be a pedant- Hearts won that cup final 5-1, and iirc, Livingston were actually in administration at the time of their League Cup win. Neither club actually "went bust".

The simple answer to this is that neither Livingston or Hearts broke the law to hire players they couldn't otherwise afford.  Furthermore, neither Livingston nor Hearts 'went bust', they both entered and exited administration much like Morton did.  The only senior SCottish clubs to have legally died in my lifetime are Third Lanark, Gretna and, of course, Rangers.  Scottish football won't ever 'move on' until this cheating is properly punished by the football authorities.

Wiith the Murray decision there is the very real prospect that Hector will be pursuing the former Rangers players, managers etc for the tax liability, particularly at higher rates, that should have been declared on their individual SA returns. Also interest and penalties. Could still be a lot of grief to come.

Erm no there's not. Literally no one with a shred of credibility has stated that they expect HMRC to pursue individuals, least of all players, at great expense, when the defendants would simply turn the blame back to their now-defunct employer.

More fail from the forum's most idiotic alias - and that includes Mortonjag. Just let that sink in.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Seriously Nick (and this isn't intended as a criticism), I don't think it's advisable for a director of an SPFL club to be so unequivocal about the old club/new club debate on social media with the knuckle scrapers in their support.

Especially when there are folk like this who live just a few miles down the road from him:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17869217  

Regarding your comparisons between Rangers and Hearts and Livingston though, I'd say the major difference is that the creditors of the latter two, through the administration process eventually agreed a settlement. Rangers' main creditors, HMRC, didn't, hence their liquidation. To be a pedant- Hearts won that cup final 5-1, and iirc, Livingston were actually in administration at the time of their League Cup win. Neither club actually "went bust".

Y'see, that is something which should be fairly straight forward for a member of the Morton Board of Directors, and a Chartered Accountant and Insolvency Practitioner into the bargain, to be able to get his head around.  

But he didn't.  Fail.

*insert signature here*

The simple answer to this is that neither Livingston or Hearts broke the law to hire players they couldn't otherwise afford. Furthermore, neither Livingston nor Hearts 'went bust', they both entered and exited administration much like Morton did. The only senior SCottish clubs to have legally died in my lifetime are Third Lanark, Gretna and, of course, Rangers. Scottish football won't ever 'move on' until this cheating is properly punished by the football authorities.

Airdrieonians as well, but yes, the clear difference is that Hearts and Livingston (and, lest we forget, Morton) reached agreements with their creditors to avoid liquidation. Rangers did not.

Interesting that Nick singles out Hearts and Livi when it was less than twenty years ago that our own creditors got pennies in the pound. Does that mean Morton 'went bust' too?

EOho8Pw.png

Especially when there are folk like this who live just a few miles down the road from him:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17869217

Y'see, that is something which should be fairly straight forward for a member of the Morton Board of Directors, and a Chartered Accountant and Insolvency Practitioner into the bargain, to be able to get his head around.

But he didn't. Fail.

The tea lady was actually peddling the exact same "time to move on" line, in the very summer that Rangers died - he was all for placing the Tribute Act in the league of their choice on that basis. A simpering fool who shouldn't be darkening the door of Cappielow in any official capacity.

He should of course note that the fans hounded Rae into changing his stance then, and would make short work of his lackey's dream chairmanship.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The tea lady was actually peddling the exact same "time to move on" line, in the very summer that Rangers died - he was all for placing the Tribute Act in the league of their choice on that basis. A simpering fool who shouldn't be darkening the door of Cappielow in any official capacity.

He should of course note that the fans hounded Rae into changing his stance then, and would make short work of his lackey's dream chairmanship.

Aye, i'm ready for it... 

:)

*insert signature here*

Erm no there's not. Literally no one with a shred of credibility has stated that they expect HMRC to pursue individuals, least of all players, at great expense, when the defendants would simply turn the blame back to their now-defunct employer.

More fail from the forum's most idiotic alias - and that includes Mortonjag. Just let that sink in.

I think I am much better placed than you will ever know buddy boy to know what HMRC's intentions are likely to be. You clearly have no idea about employers and employee liability or the fact that HMRC can make directions to transfer employers liability to the employee.

Better placed than every legal and tax expert who has stated their professional opinion on the matter to the press? Time to put up your credentials then champ.

The haste on the part of some to sat "let's just move on" is a little disconcerting, frankly. Even in a country as corrupt as Italy they did this properly.

Y'see - that is why Rangers are an 'Institution' and other clubs are simply football clubs.

It comes to the fore now and again, and comparisons with the Franco-backed Real Madrid, Ceusescu's Steaua Bucharest, The Staatssicherheit team of Dynamo Berlin and a few others of note, are not wide of the mark.

Rangers are THE club of the state in Scotland, whether we like it or not.  They are the the club favoured by the Scottish Football establishment, and they are the club supported by the many of those involved in playing football at a professional level throughout Scotland.  In public life, many people charged with upholding the laws in Scotland will be Rangers supporters; Many of those in positions of authority in Business, Government, Media, Law and Politics will also have leanings towards Rangers too.

This supposed clamour of people to say 'lets just move on' can be at best evidence of self-denial that their great 'institution' was severely flawed to the extent that it threatened its own existence, or an attempt to ensure that the club does not face the justice for its wrongdoings of the past.

If this were, say, Dundee FC - the book would be thrown at them.  But no, you simply cannot do that to the Mighty Glasgow Rangers.  They must be exempt from justice.

Nickhead saying that they should 'move on' would be his way of currying favour with the circles which he wishes to move.

*insert signature here*

Better placed than every legal and tax expert who has stated their professional opinion on the matter to the press? Time to put up your credentials then champ.

Unbelievable and Capitanus for given you a green. Suggest you read the policy statements by David Gauke First Minister to the Treasury and David Richardson head of HMRC Counter Avoidance about the pursuit of people who engage in marketed tax avoidance.

Maybe you should also wonder how I know who these people are. Twat!

Archived