Last Match You Went To? - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Last Match You Went To?

Went to the Ayr/Lochee game last night

1st half - two terrible teams showing how not to play football, but Ayr took their goal well.

2nd half - Lochee were dead on their feet and Ayr took advantage, their no 8 was sent off for persistent fouling which was fair enough (he'd been booked for clattering the Ayr player on the bye line in the first half). Their no 6 should have gone for a tackle very similar to the one John Terry was sent off for last night. Ayr pressed home their advantage and got sloppy allowing Lochee to get a goal back.

The striker Gormley is the worst striker I've ever seen at this level, Adam Coakley has been trumped by this talentless pleb.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Went to the Ayr/Lochee game last night

1st half - two terrible teams showing how not to play football, but Ayr took their goal well.

2nd half - Lochee were dead on their feet and Ayr took advantage, their no 8 was sent off for persistent fouling which was fair enough (he'd been booked for clattering the Ayr player on the bye line in the first half). Their no 6 should have gone for a tackle very similar to the one John Terry was sent off for last night. Ayr pressed home their advantage and got sloppy allowing Lochee to get a goal back.

The striker Gormley is the worst striker I've ever seen at this level, Adam Coakley has been trumped by this talentless pleb.

I know his dad :blush: hes terrible at 5 a sides, but sings the praises of his son lol

edit to add answer: Man Utd vs Blackburn Nov 07

In the UK, Man United v Celtic at Old Trafford in the Champions league in October this year.

In general, I went to Kildare County v Mervue United two weeks ago in the play off to stay in the LOI - and saw us beaten 3-0 and relegated completely from the League Of Ireland.

TonInDublin

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

I think it was Arsenal v Chelsea.

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

4 Armoured Div Army Cup Final

Royal Logistics 1 Argylls 4

Att = 3400

:huh:

What a crowd.

Ghost, not being funny here, but for events like this in the military do you wear your civvies and can you have a pie during the game and a beer afterwards?

*insert signature here*

Man City - Arsenal a few weeks back. 3-0 to city. Good day out, not that long in the car, easy to get tickets, easy parking at the ground.

Will be working in leeds at the start of february, planning on going to Leeds v Millwall on the monday night.

I'd watch my back at that game after last season.

Riot

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

:huh:

What a crowd.

Ghost, not being funny here, but for events like this in the military do you wear your civvies and can you have a pie during the game and a beer afterwards?

I was in civvies, alot were in uniform. Nae drink but pies,coffee,tea etc etc are available. Was at the Army stadium in Aldershot 2 years ago mate.

meant to add, this is when alot of the scouts from teams in League 2 and below come along.

I was in civvies, alot were in uniform. Nae drink but pies,coffee,tea etc etc are available. Was at the Army stadium in Aldershot 2 years ago mate.

meant to add, this is when alot of the scouts from teams in League 2 and below come along.

I studied a few years ago with a guy who was in the Royal Navy and played with their team in the 1980s and he showed me a programme for a game he was playing in, which a few players from that game went on to play at a senior level including Guy Whittingham, who played with Portsmouth and Sheffield Wednesday.

Lou Macari signed Gary Holt and Justin Whittle for Celtic from the military in the early 1990s, however neither played with Celtic because Macari got punted shortly afterwards. Holt signed for his hometown team, Kilmarnock, where in 1997 he won the Scottish Cup before going on to play with Norwich City and Nottingham Forest; whilst Whittle joined Macari at Stoke City before having successful spells at Hull City and Grimsby Town.

Theres probably loads more players that ended up in the senior game via the military, this could make a decent thread in itself, do you know of any others?

:)

*insert signature here*

Archived