Sfl Clubs To Vote On Newco, 12 July - Will We - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Sfl Clubs To Vote On Newco, 12 July - Will We

Current position as of today: 8 clubs have so far stated NO to a Division 1 Vote -

MORTON

RAITH ROVERS

FALKIRK

EAST FIFE

STRANRAER

STIRLING ALBION

CLYDE

PETERHEAD

Plus One abstention, AIRDRIE, as they would be promoted to our league if 'The Rangers' are denied entry to the SPL or Division 1.

Seems a simple majority will carry any motion a week on Thursday, so another SEVEN teams - for a minimum 15-14 decision - need to nail their colours to the mast of our viewpoint between now and then for a Division 3 outcome of this whole sorry mess...........

European Fairs Cup [aka Inter City Cup / UEFA Cup / Europa League], 30th September 1968: Morton (3) v Chelsea (4) !!!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Current position as of today: 8 clubs have so far stated NO to a Division 1 Vote -

MORTON

RAITH ROVERS

FALKIRK

EAST FIFE

STRANRAER

STIRLING ALBION

CLYDE

PETERHEAD

Plus One abstention, AIRDRIE, as they would be promoted to our league if 'The Rangers' are denied entry to the SPL or Division 1.

Seems a simple majority will carry any motion a week on Thursday, so another SEVEN teams - for a minimum 15-14 decision - need to nail their colours to the mast of our viewpoint between now and then for a Division 3 outcome of this whole sorry mess...........

I thought we only needed 7 clubs to say no or have I picked that up wrong?

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I thought we only needed 7 clubs to say no or have I picked that up wrong?

Think that's what we all thought until today! As they say, they move the goalposts on this saga on a seemingly daily basis.....

p.s. Might look like I posted this thread twice, but my original vanished into the ether when I tried to add on the voting data bit! Strangely, I can still see it if I click on 'View New Posts'? :unsure: :blink:

European Fairs Cup [aka Inter City Cup / UEFA Cup / Europa League], 30th September 1968: Morton (3) v Chelsea (4) !!!

How ironic could that be, Rangers get their marching orders on 12 July

:ph34r: :lol:

Hah! Hadn't even spotted that!!! "Marching Orders" - genius! :lol:

you missed Hamiton Accies.

Hamilton say No

Indeed I did! That therefore now means SIX more clubs to state their Div.3 intentions.....

Annan Ath have also confirmed they will be voting NO.

Can't keep up with this, but great - this seems a good place to add any more that clarify their intentions in the coming week... now just FIVE more required!

p.s. Just spotted Dougie & Gillian leaving Hampden on both BBC & STV News - surprised he never managed to elicit a few soundbites!!!

Cowdenbeath

Hah, of course, was about to say no, but - Mr. Donald Findlay's club!!! Is a Newco buyout of them still up for discussion as a possibility in this whole scenario, a la Airdrie - Clydebank?

what I don't understand is clubs wish to draw one of the old firm in the cups YET when there is a chance to get 2 home games from one of them they moan about integrity this that and the next. I believe all the 1st division clubs chairmen want Rangers in their league but are afraid to commit themselves.

turnbull, the raith chairman fair put his point accross on sportsound, he has been consistant from the beginning in stating how it is. Very blunt regarding the bullying and intimidation as well as stating that the o.f. would be quick enough to leave if offered a place in some other league in england. My opinion is the same as turnbull, the spl are just passing the buck. There is also thought that the spl meeting will be adjourned to see what the outcome of the sfl meeting is. That would in my opinion be diabolical.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

what I don't understand is clubs wish to draw one of the old firm in the cups YET when there is a chance to get 2 home games from one of them they moan about integrity this that and the next. I believe all the 1st division clubs chairmen want Rangers in their league but are afraid to commit themselves.

when ICT, Ross County, Elgin, Gretna, Peterhead & Annan all joined the leagues should they all have started in Division 1 or do you need a big support for that to happen?

Current 'Nos' are actually:

Morton

Dunfermline

Falkirk

Raith

East Fife

Stirling Albion

Stranraer

Peterhead

Annan

Clyde

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Its your opinion, they would be happy with whatever money was to come but for 100k or whatever would you or they sell their soul for a quick buck. I am more than happy with a no vote, we may even get the chance to play newco 3 times, challenge cup, league cup and the scottish when tney are at the rightful level of the third.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

we may even get the chance to play newco 3 times, challenge cup, league cup and the scottish when tney are at the rightful level of the third.

then in 4 league games in 2 seasons time if they are fortunate enough to win back to back promotions.

There is one big flaw in your statement above.. RANGERS.. do not exist, we are talking about a new team who have never kicked a ball in earnest being allowed into division one..

Archived