Spfl - Page 3 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Spfl

Not much of an audience (and therefore not much profit) I would've thought for Sky or any other company broadcasting Rangers 'winning' their way through the leagues. Even Rangers fans might get bored with it.

They don't do walking away if all the propaganda is to believed, according to their own support most believe they have been punished enough and they would rather start in the third division than be upholding to the other diddy clubs.

One of the biggest clubs in the world swanning through the divisions winning new honours is just the thing that may excite that worldwide audience. They could get some sponsorship from Visit Scotland as they would visiting some of those hidden gems.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They don't do walking away if all the propaganda is to believed, according to their own support most believe they have been punished enough and they would rather start in the third division than be upholding to the other diddy clubs.

One of the biggest clubs in the world swanning through the divisions winning new honours is just the thing that may excite that worldwide audience. They could get some sponsorship from Visit Scotland as they would visiting some of those hidden gems.

I can certainly imagine Neil Oliver narrating a documentary on the wildlife of Coatbridge :ph34r:

AWMSC

Was in Smiths today just as Moore and McNally were leaving, I spoke to them briefly and asked McNally out right what he thought of Rangers in Div 1.

To be truthful I didnt really give him time to answer and told him that some Ton fans were talking of asking for a refund on their season tickets should Rangers go straight to Div 1.

Although he didn't reply the look on his face spoke a thousand words, I hope he goes back to DDFR with that.

Was in Smiths today just as Moore and McNally were leaving, I spoke to them briefly and asked McNally out right what he thought of Rangers in Div 1.

To be truthful I didnt really give him time to answer and told him that some Ton fans were talking of asking for a refund on their season tickets should Rangers go straight to Div 1.

Although he didn't reply the look on his face spoke a thousand words, I hope he goes back to DDFR with that.

Yet another fans representative talking on behalf of everyone , these are sad time right enough. Given a few weeks intake the new season I'm sure u will DDR saying u want a refund on yer season ticket coz the team is sheeite and the manager a dick "....................god geez strength :blink:

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

Sorry Arshwipe my season ticket tally over the years for Cappielow os into double figures not including the 4 I purchased each season for the four barns whom I also took along for a number of these yrs

So to u and ur fellow arshwipes whom constantly doubt my loyalty

GET IT RIGHT UP YEAS

No need to argue with the tea boy mate...

:ph34r:

Wouldn't fancy being an official at games featuring 'The Rangers' next season if they are in the First Division. Knowing that you are working under circumstances where the people that run the game in Scotland are desperate for 'The Rangers' to win the league before a ball is kicked.

Will take a brave referee to give 50/50 decisions against them. <_>

Third Division is the only place a new club should be going to... Scottish football a joke a usual.

Oooft, even the thought of The Rangers in your league is making you paranoid! :ph34r:

Yet another fans representative talking on behalf of everyone , these are sad time right enough. Given a few weeks intake the new season I'm sure u will DDR saying u want a refund on yer season ticket coz the team is sheeite and the manager a dick "....................god geez strength :blink:

I think if you look through the various threads/posts you will see that some folk have said that if Rangers are allowed into the first division they will request a refund on their season tickets.

FACT

I am not one of those people and will still go to Cappielow, but will boycott Ibrox, if that is where the return game will be, but I do understand their feelings.

I simply put that to Mark McNally and, as I originally stated, the look on his face spoke a thousand words so I hope he does approach Dougie Rae and put that to him and Dougie does vote against Rangers in Div 1 if he gets that option.

I'd rather my team was s***e and their manager a Dick as you put it, than be thieves.

I think if you look through the various threads/posts you will see that some folk have said that if Rangers are allowed into the first division they will request a refund on their season tickets.

FACT

I am not one of those people and will still go to Cappielow, but will boycott Ibrox, if that is where the return game will be, but I do understand their feelings.

I simply put that to Mark McNally and, as I originally stated, the look on his face spoke a thousand words so I hope he does approach Dougie Rae and put that to him and Dougie does vote against Rangers in Div 1 if he gets that option.

I'd rather my team was s***e and their manager a Dick as you put it, than be thieves.

Fair point but u will be happy for rangers fans to fill the Cappielow coffers

Boycotting is ur choice but will it actually affect the rangers and then if the ton win u have only denied yourself. I rather a big ton support urging on a Morton win at govan myself, I recall that tolmie moment , one of my finest ton memories. The abuse I got on the way hair tae castle milk that night was unbelievable.

FACT

No wonder your bewildered. I'm with you. I'm a Morton supporter first and foremost. If DDF voted them in I'd be pissed off at him, not at the club because he's not Morton, as much as he would like to think he is. Why should I punish Morton because of something it's current owner has done. I would go to the home games against "The Rangers" but I would'nt set foot inside Ibrox. Would sporting integrity suffer? Of course it would but until we find a way to release the stranglehold the Old Firm have over the game in Scotland without damaging the game then we may need to suffer in silence.

If dishing out the medicine to Rangers does more harm to the game than good then what is the point.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Boycotting is ur choice but will it actually affect the rangers and then if the ton win u have only denied yourself. I rather a big ton support urging on a Morton win at govan myself, I recall that tolmie moment , one of my finest ton memories. The abuse I got on the way hair tae castle milk that night was unbelievable.

I'd rather they went out of business all together, if not then division three at best.

Will it affect Rangers, probably not, but I can look at myself in the mirror, ugly sight as it is, and be pleased that I am not contributing to them, if that means missing a Ton victory, so be it.

I also remember the Tolmie moment, and on that we do agree a fine memory indeed.

I'd rather they went out of business all together, if not then division three at best.

Will it affect Rangers, probably not, but I can look at myself in the mirror, ugly sight as it is, and be pleased that I am not contributing to them, if that means missing a Ton victory, so be it.

I also remember the Tolmie moment, and on that we do agree a fine memory indeed.

Those were the days, when we were allocated in the east enclosure and a larg travelling support........as per usual :rolleyes:

No wonder your bewildered. I'm with you. I'm a Morton supporter first and foremost. If DDF voted them in I'd be pissed off at him, not at the club because he's not Morton, as much as he would like to think he is. Why should I punish Morton because of something it's current owner has done. I would go to the home games against "The Rangers" but I would'nt set foot inside Ibrox. Would sporting integrity suffer? Of course it would but until we find a way to release the stranglehold the Old Firm have over the game in Scotland without damaging the game then we may need to suffer in silence.

If dishing out the medicine to Rangers does more harm to the game than good then what is the point.

On that basis then Rangers should get back in the SPL because neither Murray nor Whyte were "Rangers" no matter how much they thought they were. A club and its reputation as with any other business is only as good as the actions of the incumbent owners. It is not possible to entirely remove the individual from the corporation hence laws like corporate manslaughter. I'm afraid that as the majority shareholder he may not entirely be Morton but he is at least 90% of Morton.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Cant believe there is so much debate about `the rangers`. On sportsound today they kept refering to relegating rangers to the first, which would be enough punishment they said/implied(how can you relegate someone who are not in the league in the first place!?). Now they are a new company so they have two options 1 - apply to the spl, which looks at the mo like a no, or 2 - apply to the sfl for a space in the 3rd, thats it no more? as it is they are neither an spl or an sfl club let them scurry and plead for a place.

Integrity and fairness are paramount for Scottish football to go on.

On that basis then Rangers should get back in the SPL because neither Murray nor Whyte were "Rangers" no matter how much they thought they were. A club and its reputation as with any other business is only as good as the actions of the incumbent owners. It is not possible to entirely remove the individual from the corporation hence laws like corporate manslaughter. I'm afraid that as the majority shareholder he may not entirely be Morton but he is at least 90% of Morton.

Rangers no longer exist and therefore cant be punished and as a new club should apply for access to the SFL.

If anyone should be punished its Murray and Whyte.

I understand your point but damaging the "club" because of the action of its owner doesn't make sense. The obvious answer is to rid yourself of the owner which of course is easier said than done.

One reason I believe in fan ownership, which is by no means perfect, but you can be sure that if fans had owned Rangers the club would never have got itself into the position it now finds itself in. It may not have been as successful but then that success we all know now was bought illegally.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Rangers no longer exist and therefore cant be punished and as a new club should apply for access to the SFL.

If anyone should be punished its Murray and Whyte.

I understand your point but damaging the "club" because of the action of its owner doesn't make sense. The obvious answer is to rid yourself of the owner which of course is easier said than done.

One reason I believe in fan ownership, which is by no means perfect, but you can be sure that if fans had owned Rangers the club would never have got itself into the position it now finds itself in. It may not have been as successful but then that success we all know now was bought illegally.

Actually if u look into it rangers FCC have NOT yet being liquidated, the judges ruling on D&F is that they are investigated and a report produced deforest rangers come out of administration and entering liquidation which has been set at 21 days so as it stands we still have rangers fc and not the new co " the rangers fc" all a tad confusing but watch this space. The game of chess continues when will it be check mate, only time will tell

The more I read of the hundreds of posts on THE Rangers and where they will finish up playing the more I'm convinced that they will survive to play in the SPL with a heavy monetory fine being seen as "in the best in the longterm interests of Scottish Football" a complete and utter cop out and a disgrace but as we all know 'money talks' even though THE Rangers don't have any.

When I first saw a photograph of Mr. Whyte I immediately thought 'that's a chancer' and guess what I think exactly the same about Mr. Green who admits he is in it for the short term and be out within a year with a profit!

I too, have emailed the chairman expressing my dismay at the tone of his comments and the general feeling about Newco going into division 1.

If our chairman votes "yes" and they don't get in I would consider attending away games, but only at grounds where the home side voted "no".

If they get in to the 1st then the SFL won't get a penny of my money.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Well it makes a change from them spouting "pedo" at everyone who has some tenuous (imaginary or not) link with Celtic FC

I see Dumbarton and (Donald Findlay's) Cowdenbeath have both said they would welcome Sevco 5088 in SPL1 next season

too many "rangers men" at these clubs I fear

To be fair to Cowdenbeath, or certainly their fans, they are the only people I could just about understand welcoming the Rangers into the First Division with open arms.

As I've said for months now, whilst the proposed elevation of the Rangers to the First Division is an absolute scandal, voting against it could well cost Cowdenbeath their very existence.

Assuming there's "too many Rangers men" there is harsh when you consider the bigger picture. I've often taken issue on hearing Morton referred to as either a proddy team, a tim team or something of that ilk. Saying the same of another team whilst not looking at the bigger picture is harsh in the extreme.

Archived