The Rangers - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Rangers

4th July vote  

88 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• I wouldn't mind The Rangers in the SPL
    • First Division
    • Third Division
    • Anywhere but the SPL
    • I couldn't care less

Has anyone suggested to them that they might want to try to get into the pyramid system in England, a course of action that they wanted to take not long ago with no concern for the same Scottish clubs that are now being subtly pressurised to do them a favour?

That's never going to happen no matter how much the media report it.

There's 2 options left for that mob...3rd div or nothing, take it or leave it......that's what they need to be told.

The future just ain't what it used to be

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's 2 options left for that mob...3rd div or nothing, take it or leave it......that's what they need to be told.

Apply for the third division that should be - there are clubs who have applied in the past and have everything ready to go again should there be a space so if the SFL go by their own rules then The Rangers are unlikely to meet the requirements in time due to their arrogance in thinking they will just be accepted.

I'm starting to feel the same - the simple fact is that this is a new club and they shouldn't just be allowed to jump all these places in to the league.

The only option available to them should be to apply for the extra place in the SPL (which they shouldn't get but is an option because it is a separate entity) or the extra place at the bottom of the SFL when teams have shuffled up because of the rejection from the SPL.

Rushing through a change to suit them is ridiculous especially in light of all the surveys not too long ago showing what fans wanted, i.e. bigger leagues, being ignored and talked down so this would just go to show that changes are made to accommodate certain clubs but fans are not important.

Exactly , sorry to those innocent supporters of the former football club Rangers who are embarrassed by the actions of former and present owner but rules should not be changed to negate the guilty.

Exactly.

and if all else fails

They think they'll be going to England

:lol:

A classic currant bun story. A source told us = we made it up but you can't prove it as we won't name our source.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Dundee are at home to Dumbarton on the first day of the new season.

Yeah just saw that, so it would be The Rangers v Dumbarton at Ibrox then with Dunfermline coming down to the first.

Dundee would then be away to Kilmarnock in the SPL.

Reading the story in the link saying that the Div 1 clubs could benefit by up to £250,000 a piece over the season. That's nearly how much Morton are losing per season.

Yeah just saw that, so it would be The Rangers v Dumbarton at Ibrox then with Dunfermline coming down to the first.

Dundee would then be away to Kilmarnock in the SPL that day.

No they wouldn't. The SPL starts a week earlier than the SFL.

No they wouldn't. The SPL starts a week earlier than the SFL.

Yip, anyway sounds like they are thrashing out a deal as I type this. I guess Sky would pick and chose which The Rangers away games they cover. That's got to be worth around £100K per match to whatever Div 1 clubs this coverage goes to.

I've said in previous threads that my attendance at any Scottish football match will end if there is a stitch up of any kind to accomodate the disgusting behaviour of that club. I did send an email to the club, but have had no response (and don't expect one). I can only talk for myself and the 3 friends that I attend the matches with. I rarely attend away matches these days, so it will only be home games that are impacted.

Agreed. I was starting to feel tempted to buy a season ticket but if Rangers end up in the 1st Division I won't be at Cappielow next season. <_>

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Agreed. I was starting to feel tempted to buy a season ticket but if Rangers end up in the 1st Division I won't be at Cappielow next season. <_>

Strange decision. Doing that won't hurt The Rangers one bit. Morton keep the home gate money, all you would be doing is hurting Morton.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

I'm of the same opinion, if The Rangers end up in the 1st Division I will not be attending any games at Cappielow this season.

If rangers are voted into the 1st division then I won't be back at cappielow. With old rangers dying there's a space opened up in the SFL if everything is followed as it should be. That space is in the 3rd division.

Relegated one division is a joke, and wouldn't happen to any other club, especially one that until last week didn't even exist! What's the point in signing players if we don't want to try and win the league.

Dougie might see pound signs about rangers away crowds twice a season, but he woul be loathe to bite the hand that feeds him, as it's only the hardcore Morton support who are showing up at the moment anyway, and this is the one thing that could happen that would make them give up on Morton. Crowds would be below 1000 every week, so is it really worth it Mr Rae??

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

If rangers are voted into the 1st division then I won't be back at cappielow. With old rangers dying there's a space opened up in the SFL if everything is followed as it should be. That space is in the 3rd division.

Relegated one division is a joke, and wouldn't happen to any other club, especially one that until last week didn't even exist! What's the point in signing players if we don't want to try and win the league.

Dougie might see pound signs about rangers away crowds twice a season, but he woul be loathe to bite the hand that feeds him, as it's only the hardcore Morton support who are showing up at the moment anyway, and this is the one thing that could happen that would make them give up on Morton. Crowds would be below 1000 every week, so is it really worth it Mr Rae??

I can understand the giving up on football sentiment but I don't see how you could blame DDFR for whats going on. I think he has only marginally more power over it than you and I.

Archived