Rangers Lodge Appeal For Administration - Page 3 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Rangers Lodge Appeal For Administration

Bawheid

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go ive been to more morton games than u so im a More real Morton fan than u, fukkkk off I've not missed many games this season, and I will still turn out for meaningless games unlike u glory hunters ........... Fae paisley :lol: :ph34r:

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

Rangers' very existence has affected most other clubs for decades. They have siphoned off money from the game and basically crushed everyone else economically. Maybe their supporters won't go elsewhere if they cease to exist but if even a few do, that's money going into local clubs that don't get that money now. What's more, the next generation of supporters won't be drawn to at least that half of the dark side. Rangers don't do anything that benefits Morton or any other SFL side, and they do precious little to benefit most SPL sides - the other half of the bigot brothers excepted of course.

I have no sympathy for them.

Keep dreaming. They'll be back in some shape or form. A share issue and re-mortgaging the stadium and/or training ground will sort them out. You only have to look at the crowd at their cup tie to realise that if they can't be bothered turning up in the club's hour of need, their fans won't be going to see East Fife or Alloa for their "fix".

Say what you want about Rangers' very existence affecting the rest, but that's no different to any other country where the big city clubs dominate and attract supporters from the provinces. It's tough luck and frustrating, but it's the way of the world.

Whilst I'm enjoying the pointing and laughing at the moment, I'd say a duopoly in this country is far more enticing to a monopoly, which was effectively what we had in the early to mid 1990s and was utterly tedious. To say the Old Firm are of no benefit to the rest is also just false. Arbroath have just signed Collin Samuel in a bid to bolster their promotion challenge off the back of an £82,000 cheque from Sky for the recent live Scottish Cup tie. Was it Arbroath or Rangers that were the big draw for the broadcasters?

If both Rangers and Celtic were to simultaneously fold and the game was allowed to operate at a lower, more realistic level than now, yes it would be happy days, but this is hardly a happy day for everyone outwith Rangers.

U lot are a total bunch of blinkered tunnel visioned hand jivers it's the overall picture that WILL affect every club in Britain, we are heading to the situation they had in America in the 80's . Many clus folded because there weren't enough teams to justify a league program. So if u think this doesn't affect teams like ourselfs then u need to have a reality check.

Raging! LOL :lol: :lol: Now all we need is for Celtic to go t*ts up.

Because long term it could effect Morton and if as u lot wish Rangers actually dissappear then it WILL affect Morton And as Toby rightfully says Hearts position is in danger also, as is Dundee unt. We have already lost third Lanark Clydebank airdrie Gretna in the past with teams like Patrick Dundee livi Motherwell and of course MORTON , some folk should wake up and smell the gravy.

Maybe the Rangers fans in Greenock, who can't be bothered travelling to East Stirling away will actually watch their local club.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Wait until he asks for your tainted titles to be stripped!!

I wouldn't worry about that Dougie, one good thing about all that silverware - a pawnshop's delight. The Ramsdens Govan branch will be rubbing their hands.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Here we go ive been to more morton games than u so im a More real Morton fan than u, fukkkk off I've not missed many games this season, and I will still turn out for meaningless games unlike u glory hunters ......... Fae paisley :lol: :ph34r:

I feel a bit guilty about laughing at this special poster.

HHkTu1F.jpg

So am I but putting valid points across and they pull something else out of their arse is annoying the life out of me :lol:

I've stopped getting notifications for comments on my status for some reason. That's the only thing annoying me.

Exactly the people I expected to comment when I posted.

TTG JIM!!!

I've stopped getting notifications for comments on my status for some reason. That's the only thing annoying me.

Exactly the people I expected to comment when I posted.

I'm expecting bear to comment. Other than that been pretty much spot on.

I take it the decision has been made now so they have a chance of exiting administration before the end of the season to avoid more points deductions ?

No, they have done it now, before White has to publish accounts. The man is a con man.

Any Maureen snide remarks directed at me and I will be onto the admins to serve u a warning on your childish immature behaviour, so take my advice grow up ......... Before I do :lol: :mellow: :blink: :angry:

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

I take it the decision has been made now so they have a chance of exiting administration before the end of the season to avoid more points deductions ?

I think they have done it now, so that if they can come out of Administration by end of March they can get an SFA licence to play in Europe next season and they take the 10 point hit this season and still finish second.

That way they also avoid starting next season on minus 10 points.

Also pre-emtps HMRCs case.

I think CW sees this as leading to pretty much business as usual by next August.

.....................FT

This is exactly how Craig WHite has made his money, his whole career. By paying LLoyds £18mil he is now the main creditor, well one of his companies will be. Also. As this has happened before the tax appeal has ended, the propesed £40mill tax penalties can not be placed on them. So the tax debt sits around £10mill at this point. What do you think he done with those three seasons worth of season ticket money? That will be sitting in some account ready to launch the good ship Rangers Athletic, or whatever. In someone else's name. I can not beleive that anyone was stupid enought to let him come to an agreement for a loan to begin with. And you wonder why the banking system is a mess!! Rangers will be deducted 10 points, and there will be some sort of Rangers in the SPL next year.

Craig Whyte has made money by manipulating the insolvency rules as a career, I agree. There is no question of the big tax debt not counting in all of this simply because the tribunal has not yet ruled. HMRC already say they are owed the money but Rangers have disputed it. Whether to continue disputing it will now fall to the administrator to decide and it is unlikely he will. HMRC will lodge a claim with the administrator for the full amount.

A likelier manipulation scenario is that a Whyte company temporarily borrowed the money to repay LLoyds and that money has now, in turn, been repaid to Whyte's company by mortgaging the season ticket income. In effect he used Rangers own money to buy the club.

Finally, for a CVA to work, creditors have to agree to go along with it and I would guess that means the decision is down to HMRC and Ticketus, the mob who advanced the season ticket money. Between them they are owed £80-90m. HMRC will not agree to anything if there is provision that the football debt has to be paid in full. If the football debt is not paid in full, in theory, Rangers lose their league membership although if push comes to shove, they will probably change the rules for them.

I see they have used an English firm of insolvency practitioners which probably just as well for the IP's health. It does mean astronomical fees with the administrator himself having a charge out rate probably in excess of £650 per hour.

Craig Whyte has made money by manipulating the insolvency rules as a career, I agree. There is no question of the big tax debt not counting in all of this simply because the tribunal has not yet ruled. HMRC already say they are owed the money but Rangers have disputed it. Whether to continue disputing it will now fall to the administrator to decide and it is unlikely he will. HMRC will lodge a claim with the administrator for the full amount.

A likelier manipulation scenario is that a Whyte company temporarily borrowed the money to repay LLoyds and that money has now, in turn, been repaid to Whyte's company by mortgaging the season ticket income. In effect he used Rangers own money to buy the club.

Finally, for a CVA to work, creditors have to agree to go along with it and I would guess that means the decision is down to HMRC and Ticketus, the mob who advanced the season ticket money. Between them they are owed £80-90m. HMRC will not agree to anything if there is provision that the football debt has to be paid in full. If the football debt is not paid in full, in theory, Rangers lose their league membership although if push comes to shove, they will probably change the rules for them.

I see they have used an English firm of insolvency practitioners which probably just as well for the IP's health. It does mean astronomical fees with the administrator himself having a charge out rate probably in excess of £650 per hour.

Reference my last post, I stand corrected on their charge rates. They are shown here

Clicky

Archived