Sickening Football Fans - Page 3 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Sickening Football Fans

So now we have had at least one Morton fan admit to singing that song, still think I am talking s***? Still think it never happened? Still think that sometimes, for many different reasons, alcohol, brovado or purely just to annoy someone, people sing, say or do things they would not normally do. Every football club has an element within it. Because every football club is made up of a broad mixture of society, which also has these elements. So come back off your morale high ground, and focus on supporting Morton. Because some of you have a bit of time to make up, for the time where you deserted your own club, in there biggest hour of need.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So now we have had at least one Morton fan admit to singing that song, still think I am talking s***? Still think it never happened? Still think that sometimes, for many different reasons, alcohol, brovado or purely just to annoy someone, people sing, say or do things they would not normally do. Every football club has an element within it. Because every football club is made up of a broad mixture of society, which also has these elements. So come back off your morale high ground, and focus on supporting Morton. Because some of you have a bit of time to make up, for the time where you deserted your own club, in there biggest hour of need.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But you say you have more evidence, You can mention names....go on then!

ETA... I can't work it out, are you a Morton fan, or a sectarian, terrorist supporting, scumbag fan??

RIP New Order...

But you say you have more evidence, You can mention names....go on then!

ETA... I can't work it out, are you a Morton fan, or a sectarian, terrorist supporting, scumbag fan??

I could, and some peole on this board know I could. But whats the point? I said, Morton fans had, in the past sung songs about the death of Norrie Mcaffie. To a man, you lot all came on and issued a stark denial that any event had taken place. Now, a Morton supporter has admitted, not only that it happened, but he participated. Arguement/debate, whatever it is you want to call it over. And that is not me judging Marbellaton, as I said, I can easily understand how sometimes football banter can go a little too far. In fact, I have total respect for his honesty.

Make your own mind up. I am way beyond caring what anyone on this board thinks of me. I only come on here, for the craic. Its either that or listen to more Twitter rumours that Thatcher is about to croke it, and I can't keep getting my hopes up about that.

I could, and some peole on this board know I could. But whats the point? I said, Morton fans had, in the past sung songs about the death of Norrie Mcaffie. To a man, you lot all came on and issued a stark denial that any event had taken place. Now, a Morton supporter has admitted, not only that it happened, but he participated. Arguement/debate, whatever it is you want to call it over. And that is not me judging Marbellaton, as I said, I can easily understand how sometimes football banter can go a little too far. In fact, I have total respect for his honesty.

Make your own mind up. I am way beyond caring what anyone on this board thinks of me. I only come on here, for the craic. Its either that or listen to more Twitter rumours that Thatcher is about to croke it, and I can't keep getting my hopes up about that.

Dougie,

Don't think this is a go- it genuinely isn't, but can I ask, is it myself you're referring to as having sung songs about Norrie McCathie in the past? Fair assumption to make given that we went to games together in those days and have fallen out since, and a mate asked me if it was me you were talking about.

I won't confirm or deny that I have, because I can't remember. I know I certainly sang about Stevie Cooper around the time of his death and am not proud of it but don't think I ever did about McCathie.

Anyway, like Marbellaton, I offer no excuses for doing what I did, and wouldn't deny for a second that I'm the first to enjoy a sick/racist/sexist/homophobic/sectarian joke here and there. Like you've said about being beyond caring about what folk on here think of you, if it is about myself, I'd say I've probably done my own reputation more damage down the years than anyone else ever could, so others' opinions of myself on here are also pretty irrelevant.

Apologies if it's not myself you're on about, and to an extent I agree with you, especially with the anti-Old Firm stuff. It was a point I was going to raise the other day on reading one of the Bewilderbeast's posts, which was riddled with absolute venom towards Rangers and Celtic. It made me wonder if he hated them more than he loves Morton, which IMHO is a bit sad.

Dougie,

Don't think this is a go- it genuinely isn't, but can I ask, is it myself you're referring to as having sung songs about Norrie McCathie in the past? Fair assumption to make given that we went to games together in those days and have fallen out since, and a mate asked me if it was me you were talking about.

I won't confirm or deny that I have, because I can't remember. I know I certainly sang about Stevie Cooper around the time of his death and am not proud of it but don't think I ever did about McCathie.

Anyway, like Marbellaton, I offer no excuses for doing what I did, and wouldn't deny for a second that I'm the first to enjoy a sick/racist/sexist/homophobic/sectarian joke here and there. Like you've said about being beyond caring about what folk on here think of you, if it is about myself, I'd say I've probably done my own reputation more damage down the years than anyone else ever could, so others' opinions of myself on here are also pretty irrelevant.

Apologies if it's not myself you're on about, and to an extent I agree with you, especially with the anti-Old Firm stuff. It was a point I was going to raise the other day on reading one of the Bewilderbeast's posts, which was riddled with absolute venom towards Rangers and Celtic. It made me wonder if he hated them more than he loves Morton, which IMHO is a bit sad.

Toby,

I dont think its you that he's referring to.

:)

*insert signature here*

Toby,

I dont think its you that he's referring to.

:)

Nor did I until the thought was put into my head tonight mate, and I wouldn't be seen to hide from anything I've done incase it was to be brought up against me.

WTF are folk aplogetic to this wee bigot for?

So someone sang a drunken offensive song about a tragic death, I remember a multitude of jokes flying around at the time, what HASN'T happened is that Morton fans, at a game, have not sung offensive songs to opposition fans where as septic bhoys big team take glory in promoting murdering terrorists.

Glad dipsticks like this are living 'abroad'.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Ah, the favourite, I have lost a debate, lets check for spelling post ;)

I was never involved in the debate, so how could I have lost it?

"morale" high ground just tickled me, especially as your post was supposed to be serious :D

edit: but since I am posting, from what I have read, I would like to say that attempting to compare a handful of Morton fan's bad behaviour (that happened years ago) in an attempt to justify the level of bile that gets spouted by old scum supporters week in week out, is frankly embarrasing.

the Old Firm are the shame of Scotland/Scottish football. deal with it.

For the second time on this thread. I did not say Morton fans taunted Dunfermline fans in the immediate aftermath of it. It happened when I used to go to every game, home and away, so some time between 2003 and 2008. The people involved know who they are. It also did not happen at a Morton V Dunfermline game. It happened in Glasgow City centre. THere where maybe, 8 or 9 Morton supporters present at the time. WHich is the equivilant to a group of Celtic fans on a coach, doing the exact same thing.

I don't know who Marbellaton is, so obviously it happened at another point as well?

What pisses me off most about some of the people on here, is that when Morton were on there arse, half of you where no where to be seen. When the club needed you most. Celtic sent a team(albeit a 3rd string) to Cappielow to help save the ton. Celtic supporters, many of whom you choose to slaughter on a frequent basis, paid money to come and help Morton out. Members of my family and good friends of mine included. In those days, Morton supporters couldn'tgive a s*** about how other fans behaved. They where to busy concetrating on there own club. Now, the bellends, who deserted the club, have came back and talk as though they are high and mighty and think they have some sort of right to criticise other fans.

LargsTon, you are 100% correct, you were not there that day. I can honestly say, in the few times I met you, don't think you have ever crossed any lines.

Dry your eyes, miserable c**t. Get back to supporting one half of the biggot brothers.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

WHats your point ya wee smurf. I went to more Morton games during that period of time, than what you will in your life.

I'm sure if you wiggle those two wee brain cells about a little then you'd manage to make your admission sound more plausible than "oh it happened at somepoint in a 5 year period".

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

WTF are folk aplogetic to this wee bigot for?

So someone sang a drunken offensive song about a tragic death, I remember a multitude of jokes flying around at the time, what HASN'T happened is that Morton fans, at a game, have not sung offensive songs to opposition fans where as septic bhoys big team take glory in promoting murdering terrorists.

Glad dipsticks like this are living 'abroad'.

1) You need to take a look at the definition of a bigot fella. Overlooking the fact you constantly refer to the Irish as oirish, your pathological hatred for anyone who wishes to respect the ancestory is disturbing. Add to that your intolerance for faith schools, or for anyone who doesnt agree with you in general, there is one person who is worse than everyone else here.

2) The only reason I came on to post here, was because of the mock outrage at the Celtic fans singing about the death of Davie Cooper. I stated that Morton fans have on occasion participated to stuff that they would not be proud of now. The video was of a Celtic supporters bus. In my next post, a response to Toby, I will describe the circumstances of the Morton support singing about a dead Dunfermline player. But, since I brought the matter up, another Morton fan has said, he sang about it, inside a football ground? So, is he me in disguise or something? It clearly has happened! Or maybe he is another Celtic fan, trying to tarnish the name of Morton? And they say Celtic fans are paranoid!

3) I am not going down the murdering terrorist route again. My views on this are well known. Nobody agree's with me, but I couldn't give a toss. It will end up with the same people, mostlyu me and Ghost, ;) having a disagreement about armed struggle. BUT, you claim on one hand this has no place in football, but you used football for years to go and fight with people, because they were from another town, or because they had a cooler jacket than you, or a more expensive shirt. So it its a bit rich for a jumped up thug like you, to tell people, how they should behave, or what they should sing at football.

4) I live where I consider to be home now. Free of absolute arse wipes like you. Bliss.

Dougie,

Toby

I can not say for certain that you were singing, thats the gods honest truth, but to be fair, if we are both honest, you know you probably were!! Because you were with me, granted we were plastered. It happened in Glasgow Queen Street, welll just outside, it was near the tail end of that season where we pissed the league against the wall. A few pars started taking the piss out of us, so we, myself included, started chanting "where's your Norrie gone." We done it to get a reaction, and a reaction we got. I am not proud of it, but I am also honest enough to say if it happened again tomorrow, I wouldn't do the same thing.

I actually don't like talking about those days we travelled together, because we had some great craic up and down the country, a lot of it X rated, and I was not calling you out with my posts. I noticed a few other people shut up though ;) must have a few guilty people on here.

The anti Celtic/Rangers thing is pathetic. Half these sad little baw sacks would have no idea what to do with there time if they couldn't talk about them. I lost a whole load of respect for certain "Morton supporters" on Rangers road to Manchester. Running the Old Bank Bar at the time, I seen a few of them for there true colours. When questioned, they spouted the usual, supporting a scottish team nonsense, but then they come on here to have side shots at Celtic, aye, ok then. An other classic example was at Morecambe, don't know if you remember, the guy, he now considers himself to be a top Morton fan, but he turned up to that pre season tour, with a limited edition, orange Simply the Best wrist band.

1) You need to take a look at the definition of a bigot fella. Overlooking the fact you constantly refer to the Irish as oirish, your pathological hatred for anyone who wishes to respect the ancestory is disturbing. Add to that your intolerance for faith schools, or for anyone who doesnt agree with you in general, there is one person who is worse than everyone else here.

This comes from a man who 3/4 of his ancestry is Irish, north and south!! The Oirish jibe is at folk who are Scots but think themselves 'Irish'.I have more claim to be 'Irish' that many of the plastics that roam this land

2) The only reason I came on to post here, was because of the mock outrage at the Celtic fans singing about the death of Davie Cooper. I stated that Morton fans have on occasion participated to stuff that they would not be proud of now. The video was of a Celtic supporters bus. In my next post, a response to Toby, I will describe the circumstances of the Morton support singing about a dead Dunfermline player. But, since I brought the matter up, another Morton fan has said, he sang about it, inside a football ground? So, is he me in disguise or something? It clearly has happened! Or maybe he is another Celtic fan, trying to tarnish the name of Morton? And they say Celtic fans are paranoid!

A handful v thousands. aye ok.

3) I am not going down the murdering terrorist route again. My views on this are well known. Nobody agree's with me, but I couldn't give a toss. It will end up with the same people, mostlyu me and Ghost, ;) having a disagreement about armed struggle. BUT, you claim on one hand this has no place in football, but you used football for years to go and fight with people, because they were from another town, or because they had a cooler jacket than you, or a more expensive shirt. So it its a bit rich for a jumped up thug like you, to tell people, how they should behave, or what they should sing at football.

Are you an IRA Sympathiser??

I was a young daft boy. I do not hide it nor apologise for it. I, in fact, do not give a hoot. :rolleyes: I would never wish to shoot or blow anyone up ;)

4) I live where I consider to be home now. Free of absolute arse wipes like you. Bliss.

and a better place we are for it too.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Toby

I can not say for certain that you were singing, thats the gods honest truth, but to be fair, if we are both honest, you know you probably were!! Because you were with me, granted we were plastered. It happened in Glasgow Queen Street, welll just outside, it was near the tail end of that season where we pissed the league against the wall. A few pars started taking the piss out of us, so we, myself included, started chanting "where's your Norrie gone." We done it to get a reaction, and a reaction we got. I am not proud of it, but I am also honest enough to say if it happened again tomorrow, I wouldn't do the same thing.

I actually don't like talking about those days we travelled together, because we had some great craic up and down the country, a lot of it X rated, and I was not calling you out with my posts. I noticed a few other people shut up though ;) must have a few guilty people on here.

The anti Celtic/Rangers thing is pathetic. Half these sad little baw sacks would have no idea what to do with there time if they couldn't talk about them. I lost a whole load of respect for certain "Morton supporters" on Rangers road to Manchester. Running the Old Bank Bar at the time, I seen a few of them for there true colours. When questioned, they spouted the usual, supporting a scottish team nonsense, but then they come on here to have side shots at Celtic, aye, ok then. An other classic example was at Morecambe, don't know if you remember, the guy, he now considers himself to be a top Morton fan, but he turned up to that pre season tour, with a limited edition, orange Simply the Best wrist band.

Fair enough Dougie. I can't imagine that around about that time, if everyone around me was singing that I'd have been quietly tutting about how much of a disgrace it was.

As I said in my reply to Paul, there was no way I was going to completely shut up when I know I've done some pretty disgraceful things in the past (some of it not so distant). However, you bring up "Morton" fans with leanings towards Rangers and your lack of respect for them- were you not a Morton supporter with leanings towards Celtic? There's little difference there if we're being honest. I see you're now pretty open about being a Celtic fan when you never really said one way or the other before. Up to you, wouldn't be my choice of course.

As you know, I'd prefer if every Morton fan was just a Morton fan and treated the Old Firm the same way as the other 39 clubs, but that ain't going to happen. Too many either have a leaning for one or the other or completely despise both when all they're actually doing is giving Rangers and Celtic unmerited attention.

Again, don't know who the top Morton fan with the orange wristband was in Morecambe, but if he is pretty loyal to Morton, it doesn't appear that he's done too much different to yourself by deciding to support a different club.

Not going to go into the religion or IRA things here Dougie. We've had enough arguments about it in the past and I don't remember you bringing any of that up on this thread anyway, so no point.

Can't be bothered with having enemies anymore, so enjoy your time supporting Celtic. Just can't see how it can be as fulfilling as supporting Morton, but maybe that's just me.

Archived