Supporters Uniting - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Supporters Uniting

I'm getting a bit confused here, probably not for the first time.

If the trust organise a public meeting they're directing the agenda. If they don't, they're ducking the independent fan while having their cake and eating it :unsure:

If you don't trust the trust or the travel clubs to organise a meeting for Morton fans then who should?

I don't really agree with the phrasing of that question. I think anyone is entitled to organise a meeting for whatever reason they like.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't really agree with the phrasing of that question. I think anyone is entitled to organise a meeting for whatever reason they like.

I agree Nacho, I'm just surprised that with all the bleating above it hasn't occurred to Rhubarb that he's free to organise a meeting of Morton fans if he feels so inclined.

Here's the issue! Our club loses £400k or thereabouts every year. Some of us are worried about future sustainability and would like to see the club run more commercially. Can fans influence that? Maybe, maybe not but we won't know if we don't try. If fans had not clubbed their resources together in 2001 would the club have survived for DDFR to take over?

What is your problem with organising meetings to air views on that and other Morton related matters? It seems to me it's all about you swallowing the smear campaign against the trust hook line and sinker. In the last two years we have been accused of everything from being inept to being paedophiles. Someone called "Dave" has said about me that I am a bean counter and wind up companies for a living so how can I have any leadership qualities. I don't think I have even met Dave so what does he know about my personality? I have never met you but you see conspiracies in anything related to the trust.

Well, I have worked with all of the present trust board for the last 18 months or so and I can tell you that they are all straight, decent people doing what they do for the betterment of Greenock Morton without any payment whatsoever. So how about cutting us a little slack here? We are trying to better the trust who's primary objective is the long term well being of Greenock Morton. What is your agenda?

Here's the issue! Our club loses £400k or thereabouts every year. Some of us are worried about future sustainability and would like to see the club run more commercially. Can fans influence that? Maybe, maybe not but we won't know if we don't try. If fans had not clubbed their resources together in 2001 would the club have survived for DDFR to take over?

What is your problem with organising meetings to air views on that and other Morton related matters? It seems to me it's all about you swallowing the smear campaign against the trust hook line and sinker. In the last two years we have been accused of everything from being inept to being paedophiles. Someone called "Dave" has said about me that I am a bean counter and wind up companies for a living so how can I have any leadership qualities. I don't think I have even met Dave so what does he know about my personality? I have never met you but you see conspiracies in anything related to the trust.

Well, I have worked with all of the present trust board for the last 18 months or so and I can tell you that they are all straight, decent people doing what they do for the betterment of Greenock Morton without any payment whatsoever. So how about cutting us a little slack here? We are trying to better the trust who's primary objective is the long term well being of Greenock Morton. What is your agenda?

This figure goes up all the time. I'm sure it was around £300K when we were paying ridiculous wages to the likes of McGuffie, Jenkins and McLaren. It's all very misleading.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

This figure goes up all the time. I'm sure it was around £300K when we were paying ridiculous wages to the likes of McGuffie, Jenkins and McLaren. It's all very misleading.

Tbh though it doesn't matter if it is £200k, £300k, £400k etc. The fact is that we cannot afford to lose that amount of money every year. So whether it is misleading or not, it is still a major problem for the club. It is essential that the club is run on a more commercial basis to ensure our long term survival.

I don't really see much of a point of talking about it though, as scary as it is, due to the fact that Rae has over 90% of the shares and can therefore can proceed as he wishes. I can see it ending badly when Dougie dies, but there is very little that we can do about it currently.

Mon the Ton

In some respects I'd tend to agree that it doesnt really matter how much it is when we are talking about these kind of figures over a protracted period of time.

However, the fact that we are running up so much debt and running at such a loss is both worrying and baffling.

This club has the potential to run at least to break-even point. It is currently being prevented from doing so.

For me, the important thing to grasp here is that we dont want a repeat of what happened 10 years ago. Unfortunately, in my opinion, we are heading in that direction again albeit under completely different circumstances.

The Trust was set up in an effort to ensure that such things cannot happen again. Granted there were other reasons for the Trust coming into existence, but this reason has to be one of the most compelling reasons to have a strong and successful Trust.

We now know that the shareholding of the Trust has probably been over-subscribed and no more benefit can be achieved from gaining more shares - it would just be money down the drain as far as I can see.

Losing the "Fan on the Board" status is also a worry. Whilst it may not have been much use in terms of getting bad decisions changed, it was better than nothing at all.

In essence, the Trust is failing, no matter how they try to dress it up. They have to try new things and have to get the fanbase behind everything they do. That's a mammoth task made a the more difficult by recent events and dreadful communication skills.

I dont have the answers, but both myself and many others can see quite clearly what is wrong. How can it be fixed? I wish I knew.

Getting the supporters clubs together is a good first step in my opinion - these football club chairmen thrive on the divide and conquer strategy, and we must not make that task any easier for them than it already is.

The Trust would be well advised firstly to get thir communications channels sorted out - how many times have they been caught short by people posting "happenings" and then having to come up with some kind of statement way after the cat has been let out of the bag?

Secondly, they must demonstrate transparency and a willingness to listen as opposed to dictate.

Thirdly, get the reliance on Supporters Direct binned and start to think for themselves. Supporters Direct jumped on the band wagon and came up with a whole set of rules and regulations that were ill thought out and so restrictive that they did more damage than good. It has taken too long for this realisation to hit home, and, they are now making the same mistake once again by wanting to try to adopt Supporters Direct's NEW set of rules to replace the ones that they had in the first place. Keep it simple, direct, and to the point - the main point being that we the fans will not stand for idiotic chairmen who are prepared to plunge OUR football clubs into the depths regardless of whether that is done maliciously or by simple bad managment.

Scottish Football is in a mess right now and it is therefore a good time to take a bit more control. You might be surprised at just how much COULD be done if we were only strong enough as a group to make it happen.

It's never going to be easy, but the first port of call is to get your own house in order before you can even think about getting everyone else on board.

Rant over .......... for now.

If things don't change, they'll stay the way they are.

I shall be at the meeting on behalf of the MSC and will attend with a completely open mind on what to expect from such a meeting.

I see it as a start and hopefully if it brings the SCs closer together its a start towards hopefully uniting all Morton supporters?

No rant at all Andy. Very reasonable and sensible stuff, and couldn't agree more re: divide and conquer. I'm just heading out, but I'll try to respond to this tomorrow.

Glad to hear that, but it reminds me of another point that i think should be made - there are far to many "spokespersons" for the the Trust. Kindly appoint a spokesperson and a deputy for his/her absense. Some people may see this as being problematic in that it will take longer to get any responses or answers to questions, but it doesnt have to be that way if the internal communications are improved.

I shall be at the meeting on behalf of the MSC and will attend with a completely open mind on what to expect from such a meeting.

I see it as a start and hopefully if it brings the SCs closer together its a start towards hopefully uniting all Morton supporters?

Wow - looks like progress already - Giz - this is great news.

Would any of the other supporters clubs be prepared to make a commitment like this one from Giz on this thread?

ditto

I think this season has saw the travel clubs being a close as they've ever been but we really need to work together, be united in voice not just with each other but with all Morton fans groups and individuals.

Keep up to date with our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/AHMSC

At this meeting will you be bestowing the virtues of the Trust ? Looks like a recruitment drive from where I'm standing.

I have been 'advised' that during recent 'conversations' that the trust do indeed intend to use this venture to tap into the SC's members to recruit to the trust. :lol:

I agree Nacho, I'm just surprised that with all the bleating above it hasn't occurred to Rhubarb that he's free to organise a meeting of Morton fans if he feels so inclined.

You are having a laugh aren't you??? The idea was to get everyone together until the trust seen it as a way of repairing damage and recruiting all at the same time.

Can you not drop it for just one minute??? Constantly we hear you bleating on here about what the mad doc has done to you...we don't care, do you get it?? I do not have faith in the trust simple because the way individuals have acted over the past 2 years, why do you and your ilk try and portray everyone as being simpletons who can't form their own ipinion.

Arrogant sod.

In some respects I'd tend to agree that it doesnt really matter how much it is when we are talking about these kind of figures over a protracted period of time.

However, the fact that we are running up so much debt and running at such a loss is both worrying and baffling.

This club has the potential to run at least to break-even point. It is currently being prevented from doing so.

For me, the important thing to grasp here is that we dont want a repeat of what happened 10 years ago. Unfortunately, in my opinion, we are heading in that direction again albeit under completely different circumstances.

The Trust was set up in an effort to ensure that such things cannot happen again. Granted there were other reasons for the Trust coming into existence, but this reason has to be one of the most compelling reasons to have a strong and successful Trust.

We now know that the shareholding of the Trust has probably been over-subscribed and no more benefit can be achieved from gaining more shares - it would just be money down the drain as far as I can see.

Losing the "Fan on the Board" status is also a worry. Whilst it may not have been much use in terms of getting bad decisions changed, it was better than nothing at all.

In essence, the Trust is failing, no matter how they try to dress it up. They have to try new things and have to get the fanbase behind everything they do. That's a mammoth task made a the more difficult by recent events and dreadful communication skills.

I dont have the answers, but both myself and many others can see quite clearly what is wrong. How can it be fixed? I wish I knew.

Getting the supporters clubs together is a good first step in my opinion - these football club chairmen thrive on the divide and conquer strategy, and we must not make that task any easier for them than it already is.

The Trust would be well advised firstly to get thir communications channels sorted out - how many times have they been caught short by people posting "happenings" and then having to come up with some kind of statement way after the cat has been let out of the bag?

Secondly, they must demonstrate transparency and a willingness to listen as opposed to dictate.

Thirdly, get the reliance on Supporters Direct binned and start to think for themselves. Supporters Direct jumped on the band wagon and came up with a whole set of rules and regulations that were ill thought out and so restrictive that they did more damage than good. It has taken too long for this realisation to hit home, and, they are now making the same mistake once again by wanting to try to adopt Supporters Direct's NEW set of rules to replace the ones that they had in the first place. Keep it simple, direct, and to the point - the main point being that we the fans will not stand for idiotic chairmen who are prepared to plunge OUR football clubs into the depths regardless of whether that is done maliciously or by simple bad managment.

Scottish Football is in a mess right now and it is therefore a good time to take a bit more control. You might be surprised at just how much COULD be done if we were only strong enough as a group to make it happen.

It's never going to be easy, but the first port of call is to get your own house in order before you can even think about getting everyone else on board.

Rant over .......... for now.

Agree almost in its entirety Andy, and especially so when it comes to getting the complete self interested of Supporters Direct as far as possible from the trust/club/fans as is humanly possible.

Sorry if I've missed it elsewhere, when and where is the meeting?

You are not invited, unless that is DC allows you by proxy. ;)

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Forgot to add, TiD, how ,many complainees today about these threads?? another pile of s***. :rolleyes: (not that he can see being an 'ex; mod. :lol: what a ****ing laugh)

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

I have been 'advised' that during recent 'conversations' that the trust do indeed intend to use this venture to tap into the SC's members to recruit to the trust. :lol:

Sad as it is to be posting while out, this is important:

You have been wrongly or badly advised. The meeting is about finding the best way(s) to bring GMST/SCs closer together, and has NOTHING to do with a recruitment drive.

Bewilderbeast, the meeting is on Nov 21st at MSC, who kindly offered their facilities after the original meeting was postponed.

We have positive responses from MSC, AHMSC and SHMSC. I've yet to hear back from the Lighthouse, but would be delighted to have reps from there along. I've not been able to get in touch with PoW, but will try tomorrow.

Why is Rhubarb Mess constantly trying to sabotage the trust and everyone involved?

Yes - there is actually no need for him to do that anymore - they did a pretty good job of it themselves in the past. So cut it out Rooby ... I think they got the message ... if they haven't then we'll soon know and you can do it all over again until it sticks. ^_^

I'm gonna leave this conversation now cos i've probably already said far too much for some folks liking.

Archived