Where Has - Page 3 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Where Has

Ah, you appear to be one of the ones that have conveniently forgotten about the events which have lead up to the "stars of 79" night, it was all over this messageboard for weeks leading up to the event. The GMST had traditionally used this forum and its predecessors as a way of promoting events to the Morton support, and even after the fallout of the "stars of 79" night, the GMST board members used this website as a way for telling Morton supporters their version of events, and as a proxy for a Kangaroo Court for one of the individuals concerned.

Does that answer that question for you?

That was probably because there was a separate Trust forum on here for that stuff.

As for the second part of your reply - that's one of the main reasons for me taking teh decision I did. A decision, by the way, which saw members of both The Trust, and the other side, complaining about my decision.

For now, decision stands.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quite simply because the vast majority of complaints we ever received were over threads being continually dragged down because of that night. The people who viewed the old Trust forum on here was less than 5% of the population of the board. The silent majority became vocal and were complaining that their enjoyment of the board was being spoiled by the actions of a handful of people.

I took a decision to stop that happening. I stand by that decision.

Aye, and those trains headed for Belsen in the early 1940s must have woken a helluva lot of people up along that railroad. <_>

I wonder when reading this, if the course of Morton's history was different and you were the Morton Messageboard moderator at the time when Hugh Scott was around, how the course would have been different.

Eddie, the moderator back then, whom I gave some stick on occasions was a decent guy who knew what deserved to stay and what deserved to be deleted. Andy Morrisons board was the same too. There was rumours, accusations, innuendos, infighting etc. but in the end it was a valuable instrument for saving Morton FC overall, and its hard to believe that that was over 10 years ago now.

Now, if all Hugh Scott's Lickspittles (and there were many) were to have got together and complained about anything which was objectionable to them (or more to the point, him) how the course of events would have differed if the bold Dublinjag was in charge, deleting everything at a whim because "The Silent Majority" complained (again).

Irony is, that the founding members of the GMST were amongst those who were most involved in the Morton foums back then, and used its subversive abilities to rid the club of Hugh Scott, however some will probably be amongst the complainants on this occasion.

It IS your board, so like everything else, should you feel my stance is unfair please report it to the correct person, who is the current site host TT, and he will make a decision based on people's feedback I'm sure.

But its not. Its not an "Unofficial" board in the spirit of its predecessors. It should be a leftfield, slightly anarchic alternative voice of the Morton public.

I have no hankering to be a mod on here for anything other than trying to keep the site ticking over - if someone else would like a spin at it I genuinely would step aside no bother. That is not intended to be a cue for people to say "yeah feck off" or "oh, please stay", just a true summing up of the situation.

Woe is me. :rolleyes:

So why did I make the decision we can't talk about it ? Cos that's what the majority of folks wanted. Nothing to do with my personal wishes I'm afraid.

I cant remember ever being asked, but anyway, lets all talk about something extremely relevant like "The Fence in the Shed" again rather than an organisation which has dragged the name of Greenock Morton through the mud and into the courts.

As long as it makes your life easier for you.

:rolleyes:

*insert signature here*

That was probably because there was a separate Trust forum on here for that stuff.

As for the second part of your reply - that's one of the main reasons for me taking teh decision I did. A decision, by the way, which saw members of both The Trust, and the other side, complaining about my decision.

For now, decision stands.

What ****ing hope for these messageboards whenever the moderator conveniently forgets stuff too. <_>

A lot of the pre-event posts about the "stars of 79" night were on the main boards, and not the GMST Sub-forum as the event was marketed towards the wider Morton public and not just GMST members.

It seems that the GMST and now the moderator of Dublinjag.org want for us to conveniently forget that there were pre-event posts on this messageboard.

*insert signature here*

Okay then, what about if myself or any other member wishes to discuss the GMST but doesn't wish to join the GMST or its forum, or indeed wish for anything to do with them?

The "Unofficial Online Home of The Ton" is and should be the place where these things discussed.

Ah, you appear to be one of the ones that have conveniently forgotten about the events which have lead up to the "stars of 79" night, it was all over this messageboard for weeks leading up to the event. The GMST had traditionally used this forum and its predecessors as a way of promoting events to the Morton support, and even after the fallout of the "stars of 79" night, the GMST board members used this website as a way for telling Morton supporters their version of events, and as a proxy for a Kangaroo Court for one of the individuals concerned.

Does that answer that question for you?

On your first point , If you really dont want to register for the GMST forum and want to ask a question you are welcome to email any trust board member or PM us on here and we will answer any query to the best of our ability

What happened in the past I dont condone in any way and some of it should have not of happened and the current trust board are trying to promote a more open positive trust for members and non members alike . On the recent thread a few board members answered many questions and on the whole it was a positive thread minus about 3 pages of it

I wish I could have forgotten about these events and look forward to putting them behind us but all we can do now is be as open and engaged with the fans as possible

yes_to_a_just_scotland_cover.jpg?itok=zU

Captain Marvel I am curious - why do you spend so much time on here getting all hot under the collar about a football team that you no longer support ? Surely there are more important matters that has you scratching your scrotum such as why has your souffle not risen, why do I not have a boyfriend etc.

TiD gets many things wrong but in regard to the Trust I have yet to talk to a fan who views the messageboard who disagrees that the stars up yer erse night can get to off the forum. The Trust have their own dull website that you can join if you so wish and discuss such issues till the coos come home.

As for references to Belsen dearie me.

Well, nobody focuses much on the successful aspects of RBS or indeed the Third Reich, because the negative and indeed the downright disgraceful events far outweigh and indeed overwhelm these attributes.

Unless the GMST can go on to solve world malnutrition and develop a cure for cancer, or on a more believable scale, aide Morton in some way to win the UEFA Champions League, they will always be tainted in the eyes of the many as the organisation who made a complete shambles of a well subscribed event which lead to monies being lost and directors, board members and organisers behaving in an indignant manner which ended up as a costly legal dispute for the concerned parties.

There is no getting away from that, and the Morton support in general will not conveniently move on because it suits the GMST for them to do so.

But then you're in no way qualified to speak about the opinions of the "Morton support in general".

Dressing up your own opinions as those of the support in general might help inflate your own wee sense of drama, but in the end they're still only your opinions.

The only real indication of whether or not people have moved on would be the membership levels of the Trust itself. Has the Trust membership been drastically affected? Wasn't huge before and doesn't appear to be any different now.

Seems like those who are inclined to be involved in an organised Morton group have indeed moved on.

The only ones unable to get over it are the handful of bumpers that waste their lives using their remarkable powers of 20/20 hindsight to revel in the failures of others. That'll never change.

They've had a mare, they've punted those in the middle of it and are trying to move on. Good luck to them. They've organised plenty of successful events and have donated/invested a 6 figure sum in Morton. Should a squabble over a few hundred pounds stop them from trying to continue what has been by and large good work?

Course not.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

I think ANY thread regarding the trust on here should be closed immediately. They have their own place...if people are desperate enough to talk about it then they'll go there.

Try it twice, suspension. 3 times, banned from here!

It's dragging the board down! It went through a good wee period recently but this stuff coming back is ruining it.

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

But then you're in no way qualified to speak about the opinions of the "Morton support in general".

No the general Morton support do that by not giving a flying **** for the pathetic crap that is GMST.

And TiD, you clearly spout the biggest pile of s*** ever on here.

I actually now think you could not give 2 hoots about GMFC.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

No the general Morton support do that by not giving a flying **** for the pathetic crap that is GMST.

Exactly, the apathy towards GMST has been ongoing for some time. The stars thing doesn't even register, despite all the knicker wetting.

I'd be willing to bet the majority of the Morton support don't know the first thing about it, the lucky feckers,

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

I think ANY thread regarding the trust on here should be closed immediately. They have their own place...if people are desperate enough to talk about it then they'll go there.

Try it twice, suspension. 3 times, banned from here!

It's dragging the board down! It went through a good wee period recently but this stuff coming back is ruining it.

Awaits Cawston to verbally lambast your opinion as a non attender who would rather sit munching popcorn in the dark. :rolleyes:

Its quite simple

Commenting on the Stars thing could interfere with an outstanding court case

The trust forum is NOT exclusively for members , We only ask that you use your own name and not hide behing a user name .

What aims have the trust been using this site for ? Apart from answering questions asked of them

Commenting on the aftermath is the problem not the evening itself and you really should try to seperate the two if you ever intend to organise other events in the future.

I agree , I didnt go to the event but I heard it was a great night enjoyed by all some more than others

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Exactly, the apathy towards GMST has been ongoing for some time. The stars thing doesn't even register, despite all the knicker wetting.

I'd be willing to bet the majority of the Morton support don't know the first thing about it, the lucky feckers,

I totally agree.

Please close this thread it's gone to the dogs,

Same old sh1te about buckets and blogs.

You heard him mods, now do his bidding...chop chop now.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

On your first point , If you really dont want to register for the GMST forum and want to ask a question you are welcome to email any trust board member or PM us on here and we will answer any query to the best of our ability

Scott,

I dont want to ask any questions to you or any other GMST board member, however as GMST are using the name of Greenock Morton for trading and fundraising purposes and the original thread (the one deleted) was debating the future and the way ahead for the GMST, this forum here is as relevant a place as any, probably even moreso as an outlet for debate amongst the Morton public. Therefore deleting things which aren't to the liking of the GMST board members and telling people to join a GMST forum if they wish to discuss the GMST is simply wrong.

This is allegedly an "Unofficial" messageboard for the Morton public, this should be the place where ordinary punters should go to debate amongst themselves without fear of censure because their opinion doesn't toe the party line.

I wish I could have forgotten about these events and look forward to putting them behind us but all we can do now is be as open and engaged with the fans as possible

Y'see, ManchesterTon went on like that for about a year or so before giving up the ghost. If Morton supporters can feel bitter towards Sandy Clark for something that happened over quarter of a century ago, then a shambolic organisation who managed to **** up a well subscribed event, losing money and behaving in an indignant manner in the process will struggle to regain any credibility amongst many folk i'm afraid.

*insert signature here*

Scott,

I dont want to ask any questions to you or any other GMST board member, however as GMST are using the name of Greenock Morton for trading and fundraising purposes and the original thread (the one deleted) was debating the future and the way ahead for the GMST, this forum here is as relevant a place as any, probably even moreso as an outlet for debate amongst the Morton public. Therefore deleting things which aren't to the liking of the GMST board members and telling people to join a GMST forum if they wish to discuss the GMST is simply wrong.

This is allegedly an "Unofficial" messageboard for the Morton public, this should be the place where ordinary punters should go to debate amongst themselves without fear of censure because their opinion doesn't toe the party line.

Y'see, ManchesterTon went on like that for about a year or so before giving up the ghost. If Morton supporters can feel bitter towards Sandy Clark for something that happened over quarter of a century ago, then a shambolic organisation who managed to **** up a well subscribed event, losing money and behaving in an indignant manner in the process will struggle to regain any credibility amongst many folk i'm afraid.

They just don't get it at all.

I have been pm'd to be 'telt' to leave them to get on with the job.

I'm to haud my wheesht because it suits someone else.

Silly billy me, I must have missed the change in society where I can't offer an opinion, yes even negative ones, on just about any subject I want, and that includes the bloody GMST.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Captain Marvel I am curious - why do you spend so much time on here getting all hot under the collar about a football team that you no longer support ?

I am not getting to bothered about the football team this weather, however I am a lapsed Morton supporter who occasionally goes to games and also a lapsed GMST member and I dont like what i've seen happen to what was an organisation set up by good people with the best of intentions.

Surely there are more important matters that has you scratching your scrotum such as why has your souffle not risen, why do I not have a boyfriend etc.

Aye, very good. Have Royal Bank of Scotland contacted you yet about the next twee "Here for you" advert? I've heard a whisper they're on the lookout for yet another sheepshagger with a fishing boat to tell us how he trusts the same ****s who ****ed up the economy.

Give them a phone. :)

TiD gets many things wrong but in regard to the Trust I have yet to talk to a fan who views the messageboard who disagrees that the stars up yer erse night can get to off the forum. The Trust have their own dull website that you can join if you so wish and discuss such issues till the coos come home.

Ah, y'see thon GMST messageboard thingy is not the place for the malcontented amongst us. Just those who will obey the party line.

Dressing up your own opinions as those of the support in general might help inflate your own wee sense of drama, but in the end they're still only your opinions.

I suppose i'm not qualified to speak for the "Morton support in general" when I've not sought a consensus however there have been instances whereby the GMST have put themselves forward as a voice for the supporters, when they didn't speak for me or several others like me.

I am sure there will be someone somewhere who will agree with me, even if you dont. :)

*insert signature here*

I am not getting to bothered about the football team this weather, however I am a lapsed Morton supporter who occasionally goes to games and also a lapsed GMST member and I dont like what i've seen happen to what was an organisation set up by good people with the best of intentions.

Aye, very good. Have Royal Bank of Scotland contacted you yet about the next twee "Here for you" advert? I've heard a whisper they're on the lookout for yet another sheepshagger with a fishing boat to tell us how he trusts the same ****s who ****ed up the economy.

Give them a phone. :)

Ah, y'see thon GMST messageboard thingy is not the place for the malcontented amongst us. Just those who will obey the party line.

I suppose i'm not qualified to speak for the "Morton support in general" when I've not sought a consensus however there have been instances whereby the GMST have put themselves forward as a voice for the supporters, when they didn't speak for me or several others like me.

I am sure there will be someone somewhere who will agree with me, even if you dont. :)

Not even 10%, in fact I would hazard a guess that out of 'attending' Morton fans they represent under 5%...maybe even under 2%.

Great mandate to speak for us all. :huh: To me that says it all about the trust.

It would be a nice day if they just quietly ****ed off into the sunset never to darken the door again, but I doubt that very much and will linger like a bad ****ing smell for some time to come. I had to laugh when one of them stated something like.... we have to be ready to prevent another Hugh Scott...some really should be protected from themsleves.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Not even 10%, in fact I would hazard a guess that out of 'attending' Morton fans they represent under 5%...maybe even under 2%.

Great mandate to speak for us all. :huh: To me that says it all about the trust.

It would be a nice day if they just quietly ****ed off into the sunset never to darken the door again, but I doubt that very much and will linger like a bad ****ing smell for some time to come. I had to laugh when one of them stated something like.... we have to be ready to prevent another Hugh Scott...some really should be protected from themsleves.

Funnily enough Toozo, I often think that Hugh Scott would occasionally have a wee sniff around these messageboards just for curiosity sake, and given the way that the GMST had self imploded in recent times and the way that some of the (now former) GMST board members had conducted themselves, he'd be laughing his head off right now.

I think I recall the comment you referred to on the now deleted thread, which was made by Scott Gillan which stated that they wanted to be at the table of any future creditors meeting. A real dubious aim if you ask me. <_>

*insert signature here*

Archived