The World Famous Tartan Army (c) Accused Of Racism - Page 3 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The World Famous Tartan Army (c) Accused Of Racism

I threw a sausage at one of my pals, :blush: Hope it doesn't make the papers.

Anyway, I want proof that a certain person has had his nat king, until its evidence based we can't rely on the word of one man...eh boy. :unsure:

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone tell me how singing "stand up if you hate England" is any different to singing about hating **** or tims? Yet I don't hear any clamour from Alex Salmond for a summit or saying that the anti-English sentiments clearly expressed in London are not what we would expect in a modern progressive Scotland. As for the TA clowns going on about Bannockburn and sending "Proud Edward's Army homewards tae think again" is it any different to singing about defending Old Derry's Walls? As a passionate Scotland fan I thought the whole affair on and off the pitch was embarrassing.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

I threw a sausage at one of my pals, :blush: Hope it doesn't make the papers.

Anyway, I want proof that a certain person has had his nat king, until its evidence based we can't rely on the word of one man...eh boy. :unsure:

aye, back on topic here!! :lol:

You're so fond of not accepting things as true till you've had the proof, vt, especially when it's things where it's not possible to provide that proof - let's see how you prove THIS.......

^_^

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

Neymar was obviously unwell during the game and could hardly stand up due to having no energy. The banana was thrown by his mother, from the Brazilian end, who was upset at how emaciated he looked.

She told me that she would also have thrown a bowl of porridge for him, if she'd realised that the Tartan Army haters would have tried to make a 'racism' issue out of her goodwill gesture.

The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes, everything else is opinions

Even if there was racist abuse, to say it was from the Scotland fans is just plain wrong. There may have been a tiny minority - as in a real minority, as opposed to an Old Firm one - who used the abuse he got from the majority of the crowd for his diving (and in fairness, all round good play) to add their own vitriol, but that would have been it. And considering the fact that this banana that was flung came from an end of the pitch housing mostly Brazil fans, you can't exactly go ahead and blame the Scotland support for it.

That isn't to say whoever done it, or anyone who was subjecting him to racial abuse, isn't a scumbag, but there's no way it should tarnish an afternoon which was a magnificent advert for the fans of both countries.

If Neymar wants to be the player his talent deserves to make him, he needs to do a good deal of growing up.

AWMSC

No idea who threw it or why but some of the comments about Scottish fans not being racist are a bit laughable. Clearly the majority would condemn it unreservedly but there's always a few nuggets around.

Can someone tell me how singing "stand up if you hate England" is any different to singing about hating **** or tims? Yet I don't hear any clamour from Alex Salmond for a summit or saying that the anti-English sentiments clearly expressed in London are not what we would expect in a modern progressive Scotland. As for the TA clowns going on about Bannockburn and sending "Proud Edward's Army homewards tae think again" is it any different to singing about defending Old Derry's Walls? As a passionate Scotland fan I thought the whole affair on and off the pitch was embarrassing.

So Morton fans are bigots for singing stand up if you hate st mirren? You have just made a statement youd expect to hear in a tabloid rag.

So theres a problem with the national anthem also now? You'll struggle to find a collection of national anthems that dont tell stories of the past.

So Morton fans are bigots for singing stand up if you hate st mirren? You have just made a statement youd expect to hear in a tabloid rag.

So theres a problem with the national anthem also now? You'll struggle to find a collection of national anthems that dont tell stories of the past.

I totally agree. ^_^

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Seems a bit of a non-story tbh. I did actually see some inflatable bananas in our end (the opposite end of the ground from where the banana was thrown), and remember thinking about the fad amongst Man City fans years ago- the thoughts of racism never really crossed my mind.

Let's be honest, in any group of 25,000 predominantly male working class folk there'll be the odd racist here and there, and with drink involved probably the odd tasteless comment but I'd seriously doubt that anyone would go out their way to bring in inflatable bananas to throw at Neymar. Before Sunday he wasn't exactly a guy that was terribly well known to us, why would folk go out their way to target him in particular?

From the Sky Sports story it looks as if he's realised he's on a hiding to nothing with his allegations and is trying to let them pass with minimum fuss having brought needless negative attention to himself.

God help the lad if he's ever got to play an international in Bratislava or somewhere similar if he thought our fans were giving him racial abuse.

Seems a bit of a non-story tbh. I did actually see some inflatable bananas in our end (the opposite end of the ground from where the banana was thrown), and remember thinking about the fad amongst Man City fans years ago- the thoughts of racism never really crossed my mind.

Let's be honest, in any group of 25,000 predominantly male working class folk there'll be the odd racist here and there, and with drink involved probably the odd tasteless comment but I'd seriously doubt that anyone would go out their way to bring in inflatable bananas to throw at Neymar. Before Sunday he wasn't exactly a guy that was terribly well known to us, why would folk go out their way to target him in particular?

From the Sky Sports story it looks as if he's realised he's on a hiding to nothing with his allegations and is trying to let them pass with minimum fuss having brought needless negative attention to himself.

God help the lad if he's ever got to play an international in Bratislava or somewhere similar if he thought our fans were giving him racial abuse.

It was an actual banana, great throw as well.

Totally OTT reaction from Rasta.

I agree to an extent on the stand up if you hate England bit, I wouldn't classify it as sectarian but it's certainly cringeworthy. One of my worries going to the game was that there would be a lot of anti-English sentiment around, I have to say that that wasn't the case at all.

There was a couple of half hearted attempts in one of the pubs to get the 'stand up' thing going but the guys that started it didn't really get any takers.

Heard it at the ground a couple of times but no-one around us was singing it.

My one and only gripe about the game is the feathers in hats, wanted to pluck the one right out the guys heid in front of me. Seriously, if you wear one of them you should have the chunt taken out you at every opportunity.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Can someone tell me how singing "stand up if you hate England" is any different to singing about hating **** or tims? Yet I don't hear any clamour from Alex Salmond for a summit or saying that the anti-English sentiments clearly expressed in London are not what we would expect in a modern progressive Scotland.

I have to say I didn't hear 'stand up of you hate England' being sung once all day. In fact, I didn't hear any clear anti-English songs or sentiment, which I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised about. Now I will admit I didn't get into my seat until about 10 minutes after the KO so it may have been sung before then, but it definately wasn't sung after then (at least within earshot of where I was). Nor of course was I in every single pub or street in London before or after the game, but based on what I saw and heard, if there was anti-English songs and sentiments it must have been pretty isolated and only by a handful of tubes.

Can I ask you where you heard these anti-English sentiments being 'clearly expressed'?

I have to say I didn't hear 'stand up of you hate England' being sung once all day. In fact, I didn't hear any clear anti-English songs or sentiment, which I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised about. Now I will admit I didn't get into my seat until about 10 minutes after the KO so it may have been sung before then, but it definately wasn't sung after then (at least within earshot of where I was). Nor of course was I in every single pub or street in London before or after the game, but based on what I saw and heard, if there was anti-English songs and sentiments it must have been pretty isolated and only by a handful of tubes.

Can I ask you where you heard these anti-English sentiments being 'clearly expressed'?

Never heard any myself, Scots got on very well with the locals.

Some folk really do like the TA oops sorry, Scotland fans, to get egg on their faces and positively drool at the thought of bad behaviour. As always if there was any it would have been a tiny minority.

The confirmation of good behaviour from the MET is enough for me.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

It came across loud and clear on the telly.

Of all the folk I expected to take the rise, I didn't expect you to be in there.

That's about the sum of my point here, you can't dismiss allegations of this nature without investigating.

Do you believe the booing was racially motivated? A simple yes or no will suffice.

As for the banana thing, when was the last time this happened at a Scotland game? On the other side, Roberto Carlos was in the papers last week after supporters at a Brazilian club game handed him a banana from the crowd.

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

Archived