The World Famous Tartan Army (c) Accused Of Racism - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The World Famous Tartan Army (c) Accused Of Racism

I see that Brazilian forward Neymar has claimed that he was subject or racial abuse from Scotland fans, and that a banana was thrown onto the ground (though this was occupied by Brazilian fans).

The SFA have denied the claims, no official complaint has been made so it appear to be a waiting game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9438033.stm

I'll no doubt look forward to Hamish Husband the Tartan Army spokesman giving his soundbite and be similiar to the SFA quote that "The Scotland supporters are known the world over for their impeccable behaviour, there is no room for foot soldiers in the Tartan Army who are racist"

Only time will tell...

WHEREVER IT TAKES US- WHATEVER IT TAKES

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see that Brazilian forward Neymar has claimed that he was subject or racial abuse from Scotland fans, and that a banana was thrown onto the ground (though this was occupied by Brazilian fans).

The SFA have denied the claims, no official complaint has been made so it appear to be a waiting game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9438033.stm

I'll no doubt look forward to Hamish Husband the Tartan Army spokesman giving his soundbite and be similiar to the SFA quote that "The Scotland supporters are known the world over for their impeccable behaviour, there is no room for foot soldiers in the Tartan Army who are racist"

Only time will tell...

If he uses either 'foot soldiers' or 'tartan army' in any statement given to the press then his opinions should be immediately ignored.

I did laugh when I saw this on the TAMB

Someone in the TA needs to make a press statment about this.The media are trying to tarnish the good reputation of the Tartan Army.We know it is pish but we need to let others know.I would think the banana was inflatable and was part of the beach party theme.other countries have to understand that yes there is racism in football but it does not exist amoungst our fans.

I'm not for a second suggesting that Scotland fans The Tartan Army were responsible for this, just that we need to expect a spokesperson from The Tartan Army to issue a statement as well as one from the SFA. If that was to happen it would be a bit like the Grand Orange Order or Catholic church denying sectarian singing at OF games.

I agree with some posters- the term Tartan Army is one that I dont agree with, that said I have met many Scotland fans who have been very decent and a pleasure to meet and chat with.

WHEREVER IT TAKES US- WHATEVER IT TAKES

After reading the article it seems he thinks the fans were being racist because they booed him a lot. I was booing the wee c*nt from my house for having a Rihanna-style hairdo on a football pitch. Man up ya wee poof.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Guest se65an

What a pile off rubbish.

He got boo'ed because he was a cheating little git(all giving a cracking player)

Banana, that was of a million inflatables getting flung about in the Scotland end, funny how he only saw the that one. Don't see him complaining about the beach balls, lilos and other fruits ?

I believe the tartan army are try to distance themselves from this incident not primarly from the racism slur but the possibility that one of their foot soldiers was in possesion of fresh fruit, part of a healthy eating option.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a pile off rubbish.

He got boo'ed because he was a cheating little git(all giving a cracking player)

Banana, that was of a million inflatables getting flung about in the Scotland end, funny how he only saw the that one. Don't see him complaining about the beach balls, lilos and other fruits ?

Isn't it an actual banana though rather than an inflatable going from the pictures?

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

The banana was thrown from the brazil end of the stadium, would have to have been one hell of a throw if it was from the Scotland support at the other end of the stadium

guy is undoubtedly talented but he is a cheating diving little pr*ck and deserved to be booed

The banana was thrown from the brazil end of the stadium, would have to have been one hell of a throw if it was from the Scotland support at the other end of the stadium

guy is undoubtedly talented but he is a cheating diving little pr*ck and deserved to be booed

Correct. He was booed for twice feining injury, plain and simple. If he had been white he would have got exactly the same abuse, and rightly so. To suggest the booing he recieved was racial abuse when all the other players in the Brazilian team were also black and weren't booed is laughable.

The saddest thing about this whole 'incident' is that by playing the race card here, when it was obviously no such thing, he's doing a huge disservice to the cause of stamping out genuine racism from the game.

Anyone who looks like Jedwards Brazilian brother and dives like a sniper has just taken him out deserves to get booed. Racism? Eff off ya wee ned! Don't think you got special treatment!

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

After reading the article it seems he thinks the fans were being racist because they booed him a lot. I was booing the wee c*nt from my house for having a Rihanna-style hairdo on a football pitch. Man up ya wee poof.

Pot. Kettle.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Pot. Kettle.

Rihanna wishes she had a GG hairdo. And so does someone else now apparently. Silly Gal.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Correct. He was booed for twice feining injury, plain and simple.

Nice to see you neatly filing thousands of people's motives into one catch-all. Do you have the evidence for this?

Given Scotland fans have a penchant for booing national anthems I don't think allegations should be brushed off so conveniently.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Nice to see you neatly filing thousands of people's motives into one catch-all. Do you have the evidence for this?

Well, aye I do as it happens, I was there, I witnessed the reasons for the booing and indeed joined in myself.

I'm sure you've been at loads of games where an opposition player is singled out for abuse because of something he did during the game, normally for something like committing a bad tackle or as in this case feining injury (twice as it happens) to try to get an opponent booked. I gladly joined in in the booing of him every time he touched the ball, as I would have done if he had been white.

If there was a racial motive in the booing why single out just one player in a team full of black players? No other black players were booed. And up until he feined injury, he was not subjected to any booing. So for these reasons I am 100% convinced there was absolutely no racial element whatsoever in him being booed for the overwhelming majority of Scotland fans (I can't obviously speak for the intentions of every single of the 20,000 or so Scotland fans who booed him).

Trust me, racism and sectarianism in football (and in society as a whole) disgusts me. I find it utterly repugnant and it's against everything I believe in, so to suggest I may have been a part of it makes me a bit angry if I'm being totally honest. But you can choose to believe what you want really, I can only tell you you're wrong.

I can't obviously speak for the intentions of every single of the 20,000 or so Scotland fans who booed him, but if there was a racial motive why single out just one player in a team of black players? I'm certain, having been there, that there was no racial motive for him being booed whatsoever in the overwhelming majority of the Scotland fans. But you can choose to believe what you want really.

That's a different line entirely from 'feigning injury, plain and simple, nothing to see here'.

The reality is your belief that there is no racism involved is as, not more, valid as someone else's belief that there was an element of racism.

Given Scotland fans have a penchant for booing national anthems I don't think allegations should be brushed off so conveniently.

One day you will find a woman, and get yer hole !

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

That's a different line entirely from 'feigning injury, plain and simple, nothing to see here'.

The reality is your belief that there is no racism involved is as, not more, valid as someone else's belief that there was an element of racism.

I got nothing to add mate, I was there, I know what happened. You can believe whatever you want.

I got nothing to add mate, I was there, I know what happened. You can believe whatever you want.

I think a proper investigation would rely on more than your eyewitness judgement tbh, you're flattering yourself.

Indeed I can't think what fans like yourself would have to lose by that.

One day you will find a woman, and get yer hole !

I thought we'd knocked that silly little comeback on its head quite some time ago.

I thought we'd knocked that silly little comeback on its head quite some time ago.

Not really, virginity doesn't lose itself. :blush:

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived