Scotland Squad For Czech & Spain - Page 3 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scotland Squad For Czech & Spain

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our only tactic is kicking them off the park, a result of the formation failing miserably and their midfield completely overrunning us. Change it now because it's only matter of time before they're 1-0 up with us down to 9 men.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Embarrassing. I have nothing else to say really. Absolutely ridiculous.

Embarrassing is the right word.

Playing so defensively that we didn't have a forward against a team who were at a low ebb was, in my opinion anyway, more embarassing than any of the Faroe Island type games we've had over the years.

The Rangers style in Europe is bad enough, but to go out and play like this could set our game back even further behind than it is. How can a team who dug out such great performances as the last Euro campain have such low self belief only a few years later? Where's all this Passion and Pride and the like that the SFA keep going on about?

****ing atrocious. Wasn't expecting such a ****ing turgid game as that but **** me I should have expected it. For 10 men behind the ball the whole game, how on ****ing earth did they get so much space? We deserved a humping and somehow crawled away with only a one goal deficit. Had high hopes for Levein but now... If the Czechs can do this to us with 10 behind the ball, I dread to think what Spain will do.

****ing atrocious. Wasn't expecting such a ****ing turgid game as that but **** me I should have expected it. For 10 men behind the ball the whole game, how on ****ing earth did they get so much space? We deserved a humping and somehow crawled away with only a one goal deficit. Had high hopes for Levein but now... If the Czechs can do this to us with 10 behind the ball, I dread to think what Spain will do.

It was actually 11 behind the ball!

3-1 to Spain now Llorente(2) and Silva with the goals. Santi Cazorla, who was called up in place of Xavi, looks as if he'll cause havoc at Hampden.

Something else controversial from Levine maybe? Hijack their plane or something, I can't see anything else working!

I've been supportive of every Scotland manager despite mistakes (yes even Ally MacLeod) but that performance was one of the most excruciatingly painful exhibitions I've ever seen from Scotland. The difference here was that the players were trying manfully to play what looked like a 4-6-0 enforced on them by the coach. The Czechs were simply walking it through us and we were kicking it back to them cos we had 0 strikers up front until late on. Bottom line? I've lost more confidence in a Scotland coach tonight than in any one game previously, and that includes some well-maligned recent incumbents.

I bet there was a few choice words exchanged in the Scotland changing room at FT. Naismith could get a job with the diplomatic service after his post match interview.

Alternatively, it was the start of one Scottish football's finest 90 minutes on Tuesday, because the backlash to tonight will leave anything in the last 10 years in the shade! A Scottish team with its backs to the wall etc etc etc etc.....well we can always dream.

Nope. I still don't feel any better after that!!

Archived