Mma Talk - Page 3 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mma Talk

It should be noted that ratings dropped by 600% this week.

People want to see Kimbo Slice. Dana White is going to be LIVID if he doesn't improve, because it's clear that if Kimbo gets going, he is money on legs for UFC.

I heard Kimbo is signed up to fight in an upcoming UFC event.

I might be going to Manchester :D im waiting to see if my mates from work will go or not.

Its the good seats we will get £250 ones right beside the cage :P

1379248855-xxSCO%20STINSONxx.png

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll get to see Randy Couture. On the downside, you get to see Vera in the same fight. Anyroads, some tidbits, also touching on what you were saying about Kimbo. This is all coming from www.mmanews.com.

The traditional “year-end” show for the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) keeps getting bigger.

Literally.

Hard-hitting heavyweights Junior dos Santos and Gabriel Gonzaga are expected to tangle at UFC 108, which is scheduled to take place from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Jan. 2, 2010, according to Fighters.com.

:D

A slugfest between Kimbo Slice and Houston Alexander is looking like a strong possibility for UFC 107.

A source close to the situation advised FiveOuncesofPain.com today that although no bout agreements have been sent, at least one of the fighters has been formally approached about the possibility of the bout.

UFC 107 is scheduled for December 12 from Memphis, Tennessee, and will feature a headlining lightweight championship bout between B.J. Penn and Diego Sanchez.

This would be great to see on the same card as BJ Penn and Diego Sanchez, but does this give a wee spoiler of how Kimbo is doing on TUF ?

: )

Dan Henderson’s career with the Ultimate Fighting Championship has ground to a close in a contract stalemate, and the former two-division PRIDE champion appears on the verge of signing a deal with the rival Strikeforce promotion.

Henderson, 39, devastatingly knocked out Michael Bisping in the second round of their heavily hyped fight on July 11 at UFC 100 in Las Vegas, in the final fight of his contract.

The two-time former U.S. Olympic wrestler had hoped to use that victory as a springboard to a middleweight title match against Anderson Silva.

White, though, said he wanted to re-sign Henderson but couldn’t agree on the money in a new deal.

“We have a good relationship with Henderson, and there are no hard feelings,” White said. “He had a figure he believed he was worth, and we had our own figure, and we weren’t able to get together.”

That's a shame really. There aren't enough decent challengers to Silva as it is.

Come to think of it i need to download the latest episode of TUF without adverts :D yeaaaa! ADS SUCK !!! :P

Where do you download it from, as i don't have sky + & am never in on a Saturday to watch it! Iv only seen 1 of the first 5 programmes.

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

Following his UFC 100 knockout victory over Michael Bisping, Dan Henderson found himself in a rare spot for fighters: coming off a UFC win without any contracted fights left.

While UFC officials may have thought a new deal easily could be reached, the two sides apparently have very different opinions regarding what the 39-year-old fighter's services are worth.

But Henderson, who earned a base pay of $250,000 ($150,00 of which was a win bonus) for the Bisping win, recently told HDNet's "Inside MMA" that he won't be heading to a rival organization.

"I don't plan on fighting anywhere else," said Henderson, who reportedly met with Strikeforce officials, during the Sept. 18 edition of the show. "It never even entered my mind that I'd be anywhere else. It's just something myself, Dana (White) and the other guys over there at the UFC, we need to sit down and figure it out for my next fight."

Before and after Henderson's win over Bisping in July, White said the former PRIDE champion would likely be the next to challenge for Anderson Silva's middleweight belt. But Silva, who defeated Henderson via second-round submission in March 2008, and his camp have expressed disinterest in a rematch. Silva, meanwhile, is expected to fight Vitor Belfort at UFC 108 in January.

Henderson hinted a fight with Nate Marquardt, a fellow top contender who's also suffered a previous loss to Silva, could be next.

"It doesn't look like it'll be him," Henderson said of Silva. "But my guess is my next two fights will be Marquardt and Anderson Silva. It doesn't matter to me which order they're in."

Surprised at how the Machida v Shogun fight turned out.

Shogun will feel robbed! I think he shaded 4/5 rounds tonight. Machida by unanimous decision was baffling.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Surprised at how the Machida v Shogun fight turned out.

Shogun will feel robbed! I think he shaded 4/5 rounds tonight. Machida by unanimous decision was baffling.

Yup, absoloute disgrace. Not by any stretch of the imagination could that be considered even CLOSE to a fair result.

BoutrosBoutros

I had Shogun by 49-46! It could be argued that he won every round to be fair but I can't see how Machida could have been given any more than 2 rounds.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Brock Lesnar could be finished in UFC/MMA.

Brock Lesnar is in extremely bad shape and it will be some time as to when he will fight again.

Lesnar, 32, went to Canada last week to try to get some rest, collapsed, and was rushed to the hospital. He has mono and also something else that he has requested confidentiality with the UFC as to what it is. Dana White said tonight that he promised Lesnar to keep the disease private, and said he doesn't have cancer or AIDS. It is, however, extremely serious and there are at least two things wrong and there may be more.

Dana White is heading to Minnesota and will be working to get Lesnar to the Mayo Clinic or equivalent medical facility for treatment.

Archived