Europa League Started - Page 3 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Europa League Started

Why ask if I am sad about Falkirk losing, but not asking moneton why he is happy about Motherwell winning? :unsure:

7-1 now.

Ok, why is moneton happy about Motherwell winning ?, i'll answer that one for him and its probably more of laughing at the scoreline than anything :)

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disappointed to see Falkirk crash out, but equally delighted to see Motherwell smash a few past their opposition. When's the draw for the next round?

shows the SPL up for what it is - on par with Liechtenstein league - ie crap

I suppose Falkirk where almost relegated last season, so maybe not fair to judge the SPL in general based on them.

nice job Motherwell... hope that will go far :)

Disappointed to see Falkirk crash out, but equally delighted to see Motherwell smash a few past their opposition. When's the draw for the next round?

It's taken place. Motherwell were to play the winners of the Ujpest vs Steaua Bucharest tie.

Steaua won...

shows the SPL up for what it is - on par with Liechtenstein league - ie crap

I suppose Falkirk where almost relegated last season, so maybe not fair to judge the SPL in general based on them.

nice job Motherwell... hope that will go far :)

Vaduz were relegated from the top Swiss division last season.

It's taken place. Motherwell were to play the winners of the Ujpest vs Steaua Bucharest tie.

Steaua won...

Thanks, I had a feeling that it had been drawn but couldn't find it anywhere. Tough draw for them, though Steaua are definetly not the team they once were.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

Thanks, I had a feeling that it had been drawn but couldn't find it anywhere. Tough draw for them, though Steaua are definetly not the team they once were.

Well they only 6th last season, so definitely not! Normally they have a few recognisable names from the national team, but I've only heard of one of their current players.

Early qualifiers involving Scottish clubs never tend to be. There'll be updates on Radio Scotland of the Motherwell game which kicks off at 4.30pm (they're concentrating on coverage of The Open) then they'll have full live coverage of the Falkirk game later on.

Thy probably would've been if they involved the Old Firm. Also, the Llanelli v Motherwell tie was on a Welsh language channel on Sky. Maybe BBC Alba could've bid for one of the matches.

Thy probably would've been if they involved the Old Firm. Also, the Llanelli v Motherwell tie was on a Welsh language channel on Sky. Maybe BBC Alba could've bid for one of the matches.

Nah, their budget is relatively minscule as it is - they're at stretching point with the SFL contract they have.

Besides I don't think that Motherwell game would have been on S4C had a Welsh team not been involved. ;)

morton4rp5.png

Nah, their budget is relatively minscule as it is - they're at stretching point with the SFL contract they have.

Besides I don't think that Motherwell game would have been on S4C had a Welsh team not been involved. ;)

Obviously not - but that's the whole point. I take your point about BBC Alba but you'd think that if Llanelli can get TV coverage in Wales then someone would look at Motherwell or Falkirk - Kalmar of Sweden versus Debrecen of Hungary was live on British Eurosport 2 the other night FFS. :(

Obviously not - but that's the whole point. I take your point about BBC Alba but you'd think that if Llanelli can get TV coverage in Wales then someone would look at Motherwell or Falkirk - Kalmar of Sweden versus Debrecen of Hungary was live on British Eurosport 2 the other night FFS. :(

I can understand why the home legs aren't on the telly - clubs want to maximise attendances for these kind of games.

It would have been, though, relatively cheap to pick up the away legs so in that respect I'd agree with you.

morton4rp5.png

I can understand why the home legs aren't on the telly - clubs want to maximise attendances for these kind of games.

It would have been, though, relatively cheap to pick up the away legs so in that respect I'd agree with you.

Well for the Falkirk one probably, but the expense of dealing with the Albanians could have been fairly prohibitive.

Archived