E. P. L. Banter - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

E. P. L. Banter

GiGi

Really thought them Reds would win the title this year, even took them on my league winners coupon, and i've supported Everton since the Andy King, Bob Latchford days. They may also struggle against Marseille tonight and that might be the final straw for Rafa.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/homepage/int/sp/sh...ope/7136346.stm

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for Liverpool - Surely they must win the league this year? How much more money do they need? :blink: :lol:

How long will Benitez be allowed to underachieve domestically before getting the sack?

I'm pretty sure over Benitez's time in charge Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd & Spurs have all spent more than he has.

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

Out of the glory hunters, how many of you actually go?

Read post 12. Not a glory hunter just a good fan. I have been to Anfield plenty of times although i must admit it's been about 4 years since my last time. In fact i have prob been there more times than I have been to Ibrox or Parkhead.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

Yeh, very good sammario, but if you had actually read my post you would have seen that i've bet Liverpool to win the league this year ( despite being an Everton fan since the 70's ) and last nights performance only served to highlight the reason why. Clearly, Rafa's jacket would have been on a shoogly peg had they failed to qualify for the last 16.

I'm pretty sure over Benitez's time in charge Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd & Spurs have all spent more than he has.

Arsenal don't usually spend the big money like Chelsea, Man Utd or Liverpool :unsure:

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Arsenal don't usually spend the big money like Chelsea, Man Utd or Liverpool :unsure:

I am an Arsenal fan

have been since Henry & Wenger joined.

before that I liked Man U (the Cantona days) - I was young.

basically whoever plays the most attractive football wins my heart

kind of like why everyone loves Brazil.

although now I am older I really do hate Man U and have been around far too many of their glory hunting liverpudlian, londoner type fans to ever wish them well again.

ferguson is also a moany dour faced old former st.mirren manager.

True, because they focus their investment instead on younger players and develop them.

Liverpool's owners have stated they wish to folow this example, but when players like Torres are on the market, they won't say no.

Liverpool are now challenging Arsenal for young talents across the world.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

True, because they focus their investment instead on younger players and develop them.

Liverpool's owners have stated they wish to folow this example, but when players like Torres are on the market, they won't say no.

I hate how Liverpool have bought so many good young players and will never play them

thats a big reason why i like arsenal, they don't buy great players, they make them ;)

must say though, they wont win the league this year

thats a big reason why i like arsenal, they don't buy great players, they make them ;)

must say though, they wont win the league this year

Yeah cos the kids the bring in don't cost millions... :rolleyes:

They might train them up to be better but none of the other clubs outwith the top 4, bar maybe Villa and Portsmouth could ever afford the amount that Arsenal spend on bringing in youngsters from other youth academies.

ok, i was comparing them to the top 4, or your world's best, like barca, real, etc. not diddy teams like villa :P

You weren't comparing them to anyone, you made a statement, which was about 90% bulls*** that "they don't buy great players, they make them".

PS

villa1.jpg

You weren't comparing them to anyone, you made a statement, which was about 90% bulls*** that "they don't buy great players, they make them".

ok, il change it a bit, they don't buy world class players, they buy great players and turn them world class, better? <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif" alt=":rolleyes:"> :P

ps- i think someone is still a little cranky after loosing to arsenal a few matches ago :P

ok, il change it a bit, they don't buy world class players, they buy great players and turn them world class, better? <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif" alt=":rolleyes:"> :P

ps- i think someone is still a little cranky after loosing to arsenal a few matches ago :P

Nah, accepted it at the time, was more cranky about the 6 hour bus ride to get back to Glasgow the next day :(

Also note the former Morton manager's signature on the signed photo of the '82 European champions :lol:

Out of the glory hunters, how many of you actually go?

I've only ever been to 4 Villa matches. The last being the 4-0 win at Blackburn a couple of weeks ago.

Maybe not the best thing to admit on the Ton board but I was actually brought up as a Chelsea fan and Morton came second. All my football firsts like replica gear etc. were Chelsea things :unsure: :o

Pre-Roman days when tickets were easy to get a hold of my father and I went down to a few games a season but since the glory hunters have came along and the season membership package went up its harder to go to games and we end up having to settle on going to watch them at some minging away game. This season we went down to Wigan, hopefully get down to another game or two before the end of the season.

Celery....Celery

I'm kind of the same. I've supported Villa longer than Morton going back to 1992/93 when everybody in my year at school had a favourite English team. For some reason I choose Villa. It wasn't til 1995 I started going to Morton games regularly and even then at the start I'd turn up with a radio and headphones to get the Villa score.

But not in the league...

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I saw van Persie looking decent last night. Ready to be unleashed on Chelsea B)

But before Arsenal assess their injuries later on today it looks like Fabregas, Hleb and Flamini are still out :(

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived