E. P. L. Banter - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

E. P. L. Banter

GiGi

Please feel free to use this thread for any roasting of Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, etc :)

Something nice to start with:

Barclays Premier League Table

09 December 2007 17:55

P GD PTS

1 Arsenal 16 19 37 B)

2 Man Utd 16 21 36

3 Chelsea 16 15 34

4 Liverpool 15 18 30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Portsmouth 16 14 30

6 Man City 16 3 30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Everton 16 13 27

8 Aston Villa 16 8 27

9 Blackburn 16 1 26

10 West Ham 15 8 22

11 Newcastle 16 -3 22

12 Reading 16 -12 17

13 Tottenham 16 -1 15

14 Bolton 16 -7 14

15 Birmingham 16 -9 14

16 Middlesbrough 16 -13 14

17 Fulham 16 -9 13

18 Sunderland 16 -16 13

19 Wigan 16 -18 9

20 Derby

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come one, come all gloryhunters and natter about your big teams doings!

Most people's big team talk is done on GMC is it naw? :huh:

This is just a wee bit for our 'diddy teams' progress ;)

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Please feel free to use this thread for any roasting of Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, etc :)

Something nice to start with:

Barclays Premier League Table

09 December 2007 17:55

P GD PTS

1 Arsenal 16 19 37

2 Man Utd 16 21 36

3 Chelsea 16 15 34

4 Liverpool 15 18 30

5 Portsmouth 16 14 30

6 Man City 16 3 30

7 Everton 16 13 27

8 Aston Villa 16 8 27

9 Blackburn 16 1 26

10 West Ham 15 8 22

11 Newcastle 16 -3 22

12 Reading 16 -12 17

13 Tottenham 16 -1 15

14 Bolton 16 -7 14

15 Birmingham 16 -9 14

16 Middlesbrough 16 -13 14

17 Fulham 16 -9 13

18 Sunderland 16 -16 13

19 Wigan 16 -18 9

20 Derby

Quite happy with this position so far. Good luck to the true reds tonight.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

Would do but this is for EPL teams only :rolleyes:

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

i dont see how someone can be rated as a gloryhunter for liking a big team all their days :P . Ive been an arsenal fan for years and years and years. Last year when Man U won the title i never jumped ship, nor did I when chelsea won the title.

There aint too much glory in arsenal finish 3rd/4th in the league so your statement is completely unfounded ya wee pie :lol:

your just anti big team, you always have been and your normal excuse is that people who support big teams i.e. the OF are dicks.

well sir I disagree! :P

now lets fight!!!!!!!

I'm smart and I want respect!

i dont see how someone can be rated as a gloryhunter for liking a big team all their days :P . Ive been an arsenal fan for years and years and years. Last year when Man U won the title i never jumped ship, nor did I when chelsea won the title.

There aint too much glory in arsenal finish 3rd/4th in the league so your statement is completely unfounded ya wee pie :lol:

your just anti big team, you always have been and your normal excuse is that people who support big teams i.e. the OF are dicks.

well sir I disagree! :P

now lets fight!!!!!!!

True, I have followed Liverpool for the same amount of time as i have followed Morton which is more than the ages of some posters on here. Yes in the early days it was great to be winning league championships and European trophies, but even during the long lean years they have had (not including two recent FA cup finals and two Champions League finals, oh aye nearly forgot the UEFA cup the won a few years ago) I never wained in my support of the true reds.

Same here, started going to Morton gaames aged 4, been watching Arsenal for almost that time.

Started watching the Gunners team that had Parlour, Overmars, Seaman, Bergkamp, etc. Thought they were magic to watch. Well, never was a fan of Parlour :)

Then came King Thierry... :D

onsP5NR.jpg

Middlesborough 2-1 Arsenal. Arsenal at the top of the league and bottling it already? They can't cope without Fabregas. Not a title winning team in a million years.

As for Liverpool - Surely they must win the league this year? How much more money do they need? :blink: :lol:

How long will Benitez be allowed to underachieve domestically before getting the sack?

Middlesborough 2-1 Arsenal. Arsenal at the top of the league and bottling it already? They can't cope without Fabregas. Not a title winning team in a million years.

As for Liverpool - Surely they must win the league this year? How much more money do they need? :blink: :lol:

How long will Benitez be allowed to underachieve domestically before getting the sack?

Really thought them Reds would win the title this year, even took them on my league winners coupon, and i've supported Everton since the Andy King, Bob Latchford days. They may also struggle against Marseille tonight and that might be the final straw for Rafa.

True Morton supporter talk. They lose one game (to a Middlesbrough side that played very well, incase you didn't see the game) and they're bottling it? I don't think so. :lol:

True, they struggled without Hleb and Fabregas, but most teams would struggle with the loss of those 2.

They've impressed everyone this season and are, arguably, the best 2 midfielders in the league this year.

The only problem for Arsenal is the fact that Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea spent a lot more money and have much bigger pools of players. But injury-free they've proved to be the best so far.

If they can steer clear of injury and/or strengthen their team in depth in January I'm confident they can win it this year.

onsP5NR.jpg

Same here, started going to Morton gaames aged 4, been watching Arsenal for almost that time.

Started watching the Gunners team that had Parlour, Overmars, Seaman, Bergkamp, etc. Thought they were magic to watch. Well, never was a fan of Parlour :)

Then came King Thierry... :D

Going back further than you mate. Actually one of my favourite cup finals is the 1979 one when Alan Sunderland won the game with a diving header. Great game. First Liverpool teams i remember had Kenny Dalglish, Jimmy Case, Phil Neal, Ray Clemence etc.

Maybe not the best thing to admit on the Ton board but I was actually brought up as a Chelsea fan and Morton came second. All my football firsts like replica gear etc. were Chelsea things :unsure: :o

Out of the glory hunters, how many of you actually go?

Pre-Roman days when tickets were easy to get a hold of my father and I went down to a few games a season but since the glory hunters have came along and the season membership package went up its harder to go to games and we end up having to settle on going to watch them at some minging away game. This season we went down to Wigan, hopefully get down to another game or two before the end of the season.

Celery....Celery

Maybe not the best thing to admit on the Ton board but I was actually brought up as a Chelsea fan and Morton came second. All my football firsts like replica gear etc. were Chelsea things :unsure: :o

Why not? I did say Arsenal came after Morton? :huh:

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived