Morton - Arbroath (Saturday 7 March) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton - Arbroath (Saturday 7 March)

TRVMP

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well our good wee flash in the pan run looks pretty fucked now. Hopefully done enough to be clear of 9th anyway.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Well our good wee flash in the pan run looks pretty fucked now. Hopefully done enough to be clear of 9th anyway.

Folk thinking we were making the play-offs with McGinty and Baird at centre-back :lol:

Another game down without getting any closer to the bottom two is really the only positive there. Two wins from the remaining eight games should see us comfortably safe and we have enough to achieve that sooner rather than later despite the defence. The defence’ll clearly stop us sneaking into the top four though.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Daylight robbery given how abysmal we were from start to about the 80th minute: let’s hope this spells the end of the Kalvin Orsi experiment for now and the end of Robbie ‘Claude Makalele’s’ Muirhead’s spell at the club.

The rest of the season is relatively meaningless now. No realistic chance of the playoffs but if we can repeat a 5th place finish or improve our points tally on last season then it would be a decent campaign.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

We deserved nothing from that. As bad as we’ve played under Hopkin with McGinty & Muirhead especially absolutely stinking the joint out. Got out of jail, barely.

Aye, lucky to get a point. Outplayed by Arbroath at home.

Orsi wasn't great either - the only small thing in his defence was that he was really isolated up top at times with a huge gap between him and the midfield.

Baird was rotten too.

We should be having triple training sessions on Monday to teach how to clear a ball properly as well. Arbroath’s goal hasn’t been the first this season that a simple long and high clearance would have prevented. Our players aren’t alone in doing this at this level but it still boils my pish when we can’t execute such basic but important skills despite being a supposedly professional outfit.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I never want to see Muirhead in a Morton shirt again. He's completely useless in every aspect of the game. McGinty isn't much better either.

Strapp on the other hand looks great. He's come on a lot since the start of the season and seems to have cut out the positional errors he was making in the first few games.

Arbroath will put that sort of performance in against every team in the league so that's not a terrible result. 4th is still there for the taking imo. It's the results against the bottom 3 and Dunfermline that will count - no one's good enough to go on a proper run in the last quarter.

I never want to see Muirhead in a Morton shirt again. He's completely useless in every aspect of the game. McGinty isn't much better either.

Strapp on the other hand looks great. He's come on a lot since the start of the season and seems to have cut out the positional errors he was making in the first few games.

Arbroath will put that sort of performance in against every team in the league so that's not a terrible result. 4th is still there for the taking imo. It's the results against the bottom 3 and Dunfermline that will count - no one's good enough to go on a proper run in the last quarter.

Don't think Strapp was particularly good either. He got caught under the ball a few times and was caught out of position more than most.

I don't think anyone will dispute Arbroath looking decent but the problem was us being so bad.

Archived