Johansson's Future - Page 40 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Johansson's Future

Admin

Johansson's Future  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal
  2. 2. What do you think will happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal

He also says 90% of fans would take Duffy back

At this stage, given a straight either/or choice between the two, of course they would. But that's not the choice we're faced with.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He also says 90% of fans would take Duffy back

No, they’d actually take a manager who isn’t a useless clown who talks up the opposition into the 1970 Brazil side instead of the pair of them.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Tbf be fair at least under Duffy the team show alot of fight when we were losing unlike the current lot.

Stenny, Ayr, Dumfermline all at home spring to mind in games we were losing, playing awful and still came back and won. Honestly would give anything for some of those scenes in the next few games.

Yeah Duffy made it out like every other team in the division were better than us and were to be respected but at least he had game plan and the the players played for him.

His tenure here is marred with the lackluster end to both of his last 2 seasons, which admittedly I was calling for his head for.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

See if we beat the Pars on Sat and/or get a result against Dundee Utd and end up finishing 5th in the league, does anyone else worry that JJ is going to get another season? Or at least the chance to shape the team pre-season and given the start of the campaign?

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

See if we beat the Pars on Sat and/or get a result against Dundee Utd and end up finishing 5th in the league, does anyone else worry that JJ is going to get another season? Or at least the chance to shape the team pre-season and given the start of the campaign?

He's getting next season regardless IMO.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

JJ stepped into an absolute cauldron and has kept his head all the way through.Almost full squad back yesterday and we saw him tactically spot on again.Deserves the chance,with I’m sure some learnings from this season,to give it a go next season.We need to bring our best when supporting the team, as we did yesterday.Happy clapper view perhaps but it was a real joy to be in the away end yesterday and I could not help wonder what difference it would have made if Tidser had not gone ‘AWOL’ in Jan at same time as Lyon was injured meaning McAlistair had to be retained in midfield and not defence etc etc...Lets Give JJ some credit & respect that he will have a season under his belt to reflect upon...Cmon the ton.

Depends on the ownership issue. If Easdales take over I would funny expect them to install Hopkin since they've been going to the games together.

He's getting next season regardless IMO.

This. Bar a change in ownership. Incorrect decision, but then, it's been incorrect that he's been here since November.

Deserves the chance, with I’m sure some learnings from this season,to give it a go next season.

No. He doesn't 'deserve' another season. He hasn't earned that right at all with his performance. He 'deserved' to be sacked, and months ago.

He'll get it. But to say he 'deserves' it is cringeworthy, much like when he 'deserved' a window having shown absolutely nothing before that to suggest he deserves anything.

The past 2 performances have been good, and Saturday was fantastic. But we can't ignore what has gone on before and shouldn't really trust him to try to get a tune out of what is likely to be a lesser squad next season.

quote in full

Gentle nudge. No.

If i quoted in full, my post would have been longer, taking issue with your assertion that 'JJ stepped into an absolute cauldron' when it was nothing of the sort.

He stepped in when all the angst was against the departing manager, to a situation where everyone was quite excited about an out of the norm appointment and everyone to a man wishing him well and really hoping he did well in the job. He also had a team that was performing well and in the top half of the table.

All he had to do was keep the status quo going, but we know how that turned out.

As for the happy clapper view - the backing is there when deserved through performances, like the past 2 games, not when we have been dragged into a relegation fight we should never have been in through mismanagement, abysmal tactics and months of unacceptable performances.

Anyway, as much as this weekend is not the place for your happy clapper 'big bad fans' routine, it is also not the place for debating the manager. That can resume after the Dundee Utd game.

Try and just enjoy yesterday's result and laughing at Falkirk, nothing more needed this week.

You chose to post on the managers future thread so you should expect that is what the discussion will be.Anyway enough for now, agree we should on this fine day sit back and enjoy these recent performances.The cauldron revisionism can wait.Enjoy.

Archived