Who Next? - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Next?

Scott

McIntyre left County with a reputafion for nights out, pulling and a lack of professionalism. I don't want that anywhere near Morton right now when we finally seem to have a professional bunch of lads.

Hoppy for me, if not someone from left field - although not as left field as Dick Campbell.

NOT -

Coyle

Hughes

Aitken

Caldwell

McCoist

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McIntyre left County with a reputafion for nights out, pulling and a lack of professionalism. I don't want that anywhere near Morton right now when we finally seem to have a professional bunch of lads.

Didn't know that - definite red flag if true. Like all businesses with young guys you expect a bit of hedonism, and with the amount Championship players make it's unrealistic to expect them to be monks from the ages of 18 to 36, but the manager nonetheless should be setting a different example.

EOho8Pw.png

Knowing our board, we’ll appoint someone who isn’t allowed to manage a football club ever again and then be tied to him with a 5 year contract.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Still awaiting official confirmation but 100% looks like McKinnon is away.

I’m hoping we’ll be able to attract a decent calibre or applicants given we’ve got a good squad and sitting nicely in the league after 3 games.

Off the top of my head Jim McIntyre is the only decent manager out of a job right now in Scottish football. I wanted him before we appointed McKinnon and would hope he’s interested.

We’ve not got a game next weekend which gives the board a bit more time. Hope we’ve got someone in by a week on Monday.

**** you, Ray.

McIntyre my first choice also. McKinnon wasn't the boards first choice so good riddance

It must be Wake. What do you think VT?.....aye right😀

None of the usual merrygoround of Scottish football should even be considered for the position. I’m done - totally ****ing done - with them complaining about budgets, whining about Parklea patronising the fanbase, telling us to shut up and eat our cereal before they look for a ‘bigger challenge’ in Falkirk, Livingston or some other hovel. It’s time for someone outside Scottish football who will reject all their assumptions, embrace this club’s proud record and work unceasingly to put the club in the top flight. It’s time for someone with integrity, charisma and an established track record as a title winning manager.

It’s time for Wake.

Here we go.....you really are a sad deluded individual

I wouldn’t be crazy abour McIntyre to be honest, and would have my reservations about Hopkin with this squad, but they’re better than the usual fodder that’ll be touted for the job.

(It’s mental we’re needing to have this discussion again the more you think about it)

I’m pretty gutted about this, from reading the other posts I think I might be alone.

Saturday is the most I’ve enjoyed a game for a long time, left the stadium buzzing and full of hope for the season.

I hope it’s bullshit.

If not, the only credible and realistic appointment I’d be happy with is Hopkin. And given the choice between the two I’d rather McKinnon stayed.

Archived