Morton Vs Ross County - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Vs Ross County

BishopBrennan

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tiffoney did have a good run of form last season when we won six games out of seven before Duffy Duffied it. He did show some intelligence in his movement as a second striker in that spell and there were promising signs of potential, for all that he was still extremely raw with the ball at his feet.

Disregarding the (correct) argument that we shouldn't be giving leeway to a player who isn't good enough to develop when we won't see any benefit, if he'd been brought in to play that role then we'd at least be able to say he'd turned in some good performances there and shown signs of being good enough for the Championship. However there's no place for someone playing in that role in this team and even if there was Gary Oliver is a considerably better option for it.

He's here to play as a winger and he's always looked absolutely hopeless there. He's simply nowhere near good enough for the Championship in that position and signing someone everyone knows is rubbish is an absolute waste of a wage.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Denny declares himself fit for Saturday but says it will be up to Ray to make the final call if he'll be involved. If it's not this week, I'd imagine he'll be starting away at Partick a week on Saturday. 

Turnstiles are sorted at least...

https://gmfc.net/2018/08/23/electronic-turnstiles/

Fully expect that not to be case come Sat!

They missed out the word 'Shan' in the title of the piece, TTG for the media officer IMO.

As an extra precautionary measure, the club has demanded that our turnstile contractors are on site should any further complications arise in real time.

So if you believe that Iron Man - the same person who signed off on the shan turnstiles and just let the hotshot youths that are supposedly key to the club's future go for a song -  is capable of DEMANDING anything from anyone then be on the look out for a gormless Scouser with a clipboard who will do nothing. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Tiffoney did have a good run of form last season when we won six games out of seven before Duffy Duffied it. He did show some intelligence in his movement as a second striker in that spell and there were promising signs of potential, for all that he was still extremely raw with the ball at his feet.

Disregarding the (correct) argument that we shouldn't be giving leeway to a player who isn't good enough to develop when we won't see any benefit, if he'd been brought in to play that role then we'd at least be able to say he'd turned in some good performances there and shown signs of being good enough for the Championship. However there's no place for someone playing in that role in this team and even if there was Gary Oliver is a considerably better option for it.

He's here to play as a winger and he's always looked absolutely hopeless there. He's simply nowhere near good enough for the Championship in that position and signing someone everyone knows is rubbish is an absolute waste of a wage.

In a nutshell

Denny won't be fit to start the game so most likely we will continue with with McHugh for now, which does not breed confidence. We will need the midfield 3 to dominate to give us any chance of winning this game.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Denny won't be fit to start the game so most likely we will continue with with McHugh for now, which does not breed confidence. We will need the midfield 3 to dominate to give us any chance of winning this game.

Against a potential midfield of Gardyne, Lindsay, Vigurs and Draper with Mullen out wide it's a tough ask.

If that is the case (as I suspect it may be) then I'd rather go with Bell or Oliver over McHugh. From what I've seen this season, when all our centre forwards are fit he's going to be 4th or 5th choice. Johnstone, Bell, Oliver and possibly even Thomson are preferential. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

They missed out the word 'Shan' in the title of the piece, TTG for the media officer IMO.

So if you believe that Iron Man - the same person who signed off on the shan turnstiles and just let the hotshot youths that are supposedly key to the club's future go for a song -  is capable of DEMANDING anything from anyone then be on the look out for a gormless Scouser with a clipboard who will do nothing. 

More to the point, if it "will be fully operational" then there's no need for such a precaution of having the vendor on-site. If they were confident that it was working then no such backup would be needed. Not that I'm against having the Scouse gimp work on a Saturday - ideally he should be present at every home game, encaged on a gibbet - but it doesn't exactly inspire faith, does it?

EOho8Pw.png

Guest mcintyre_gmfc93

If Denny has declared himself fit to play i'd prefer to see him start the game.

He's got more chance of making an impact if hes on the pitch before fatigue hits our midfield trio.

This. Would rather start him when he's had a proper warm up before the game, than bring him on with 15 mins left with barely any warm up.

Mckinnon has already said he most likely is a couple of reserve games away from starting a game and definitely won't start on Saturday.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

We can’t do a Quitongo with our only credible striking option FFS. Patience is required until we’re swording all comers in October.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Aye, only playing 45 minutes in his first reserve game having missed pre-season unfortunately isn't an indication of him being saved for the first team, it says that he's not ready to play more than 45 minutes even at reserve level yet.

I don't doubt that a 20% fit Denny Johnstone would be better than any of our other centre forward options so I'd love to throw him in, but if he can only play 45 minutes of reserve football at a time then there's clearly too much of a risk of setting him back. The sooner he can play more games to get match fit the better, but just now that would evidently have a big risk of aggravating the injury so we'll have to do without.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I feel we are short of credible strikers with our expectation of Denny growing each week out shot shy strikers fire more blanks.

McHugh and Thomson should be shipped out.

Oliver is not a a major threat and be lucky to hit double figures.

Bell is untested.

Armour is just a kid.

Hope Denny can handle the pressure that is mounting on him.

Archived