Morton Vs Ross County - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Vs Ross County

BishopBrennan

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh aye, criticising the squad when you finish 7th in a ten team league really is beyond the pale. Stop being obtuse.

I wasn't. I believe last years squad was capable of coming 2nd and should have at least made the playoffs. For me, tiffony was one of the most effective members of that squad and it seems to me that a lot of people have now just decided he's pish because he's got himself a move to a club in a higher division.

And its not just that they've decided hes pish, there's a real air of venom about how he's viewed which seems unfair. What's the difference between him and Rickie Lamie, who's left with our good wishes?

I want a pretentious signature too.

I wasn't. I believe last years squad was capable of coming 2nd and should have at least made the playoffs. For me, tiffony was one of the most effective members of that squad and it seems to me that a lot of people have now just decided he's pish because he's got himself a move to a club in a higher division.

And its not just that they've decided hes pish, there's a real air of venom about how he's viewed which seems unfair. What's the difference between him and Rickie Lamie, who's left with our good wishes?

I've never rated Tiffony. Nothing to do with his move.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I've said from very early on that Tiffoney was pish. I didn't foresee Tiffoney playing for another full-time club, never mind stepping up a division. The only issue I had with Tiffoney was that him holding out could have had an impact on our ability to build a squad as quickly as possible. He came through the youth system, had a mediocre season in a mediocre season, didn't want to stay yet found himself here again anyway. The only issue I have with his return is that I don't think he's good enough, and him being away from the club on a Monday and a Tuesday is not going to aide his performances with us. 

I think the 'venom' aimed towards him has been more a case of empty vessels making the most noise rather than it being a widely held belief in the support. The Barmyboy's of the support are generally always frothing at mouth about something with little relevance. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Many didn't really rate Tiffoney last year. They cut him slack because he was our youth player, making a breakthrough, inexperienced.

He is not that now. He is someone we have brought in. He is another club's young player now so doesn't get that slack. He came in for a position we needed strengthening. Those that didn't deem him good enough for a start last year will naturally be disappointed we brought him in rather than seeking a better, more proven option.

Forget the nonsense on Twitter that some hold against him, he is just a pretty pish signing.

Then we add the fact he will only be with the squad part time and we have plenty of ingredients for a deal we should not have entertained.

Iredale has been abysmal this season at left back so let’s even consider putting him in a position he doesn’t play for the first time against the front runners for the league? What is it with the Morton fanbase and constantly wanting to **** about with left backs?

Position he doesn't play? His nature position is centre back Plook!

Also, the defence has not been a strong point so Iredale has to be considered as another option.

Another tactless point by the resident cretin!

How many games of professional football has he played at centre back champ? Be extremely specific. Next you'll be sticking him in left midfield next claiming that they're 'practically the same position' and 'he's better going forward anyway' next. 

This happens every fucking time GMFC has even one left back on its books. 

Also, the defence has not been a strong point so Iredale has to be considered as another option.

Why? The defence was worse with him in it and there's nothing to suggest that he's a credible solution at centre back - until he shows enough to win his actual place back then he should warm the bench. 

^^^ sobbing uncontrollably

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Could be stretching the definition of professional here, but when with Perth Glory I believe he played mostly centre-back in the Aussie reserve league, which has mostly full-time players.

EOho8Pw.png

Played CB vs Dumbarton (lol).

Also people hate Tiffoney because he liked tweets attacking our player, strung the club along as if he was a superstar when he is clearly mince and because he is clearly mince.

Indeed. He was signed as a centre-back and, it seems, always has been one, as a quick Google will confirm.

https://gmfc.net/2017/07/27/signing-news-jack-iredale-joins-morton/

AWMSC

Tiffoney is a better at present than Lamie and O'Ware were at that age IMO. He might be thick as mince and being a snake on Twitter but no reason why he can't develop into a good player at this level.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Tiffoney is a better at present than Lamie and O'Ware were at that age IMO. He might be thick as mince and being a snake on Twitter but no reason why he can't develop into a good player at this level.

Aye, but he’s not our player and will only be stinking the place out for 4-5 months. Fair enough persevering with your own young players in the hope you get some sort of return, be it financially or in performance terms, but we don’t owe it to Tiffoney to aid his development any further.

F*ck him.

Livingston forum for this p*sh.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Aye, but he’s not our player and will only be stinking the place out for 4-5 months. Fair enough persevering with your own young players in the hope you get some sort of return, be it financially or in performance terms, but we don’t owe it to Tiffoney to aid his development any further.

F*ck him.

This.

Would rather we had Purdue or one of the other younger lads come in and develop more as this would hopefully benefit us down the line. The sooner Tiff goes back to Livi the better tbh, I can’t see it ending well and still see this signing as completely pointless as we should of been looking for an upgrade on this position. A more established Championship winger would of been great.

F*ck him.

Aye ok fuck him but people who are saying he's pish etc are just not paying attention tbh. I thought he was good and would have been happy enough if he stayed on.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

To my mind, the only facts that are relevant at the moment are; 

- Tiffoney is not good enough to command a starting place in our team right now. 

- Tiffoney is not contracted to Morton. 

Everything else carries little relevance at this point. If we're going to play someone who isn't good enough in the hope they develop, I'd rather it was a player we're going to see the benefit from later down the line. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived