Morton Vs Ross County - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Vs Ross County

BishopBrennan

So, we’re kicking off with Sinclair St still full of supporters... Overheard a steward telling someone the issue is people don’t know how to use the scanners...

My season ticket actually worked today although I discovered that you don't insert it the same way as a paper ticket.  Once everyone is aware of that it might reduce the queues, although I wouldn't bet on that.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah we had Tidser. McKinnon wanted to sign Millar, McAlister and Telfer. There was no way we were affording the budget to have Murdoch in there also.

I'd say it was partly down to budget and partly down to what Murdoch wanted to do. He wouldn't be a first-choice pick in our central midfield - even Telfer didn't get a start yesterday - and he's entitled to look for regular first team football elsewhere. We can't force players to accept being a squad option when they're not tied down by a contract.

Last season's midfield got dominated three fucking times by a rancid Falkirk side a clogger like Tom Taiwo in it; it would have got monstered by Ross County yesterday. With our current midfield we can take the game to any team in this division and that's already delivering better results.  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The weak link for me was actually Millar. Gave the ball away constantly. Was hoping for telfer to replace him.

His pass to Iredale (?) in the build up to Tidser's goal was excellent though. A short but perfectly weighted ball that cut through their midfield and opened up the opportunity for Tidser to have a shot at goal - most players at this level would have played a sideways pass instead and nothing would have came of the move. 

If Millar is giving the ball away by trying more of those ambitious passes then there's no need to be concerned. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

His pass to Iredale (?) in the build up to Tidser's goal was excellent though. A short but perfectly weighted ball that cut through their midfield and opened up the opportunity for Tidser to have a shot at goal - most players at this level would have played a sideways pass instead and nothing would have came of the move. 

If Millar is giving the ball away by trying more of those ambitious passes then there's no need to be concerned. 

Aye it was Iredale, and that pass is exquisite. Millar's excellent range of passing and his ability to open teams up has definitely been utilised by McKinnon. Our three man midfield has given Millar and Tidser the freedom to dictate the play without having to be conservative with their positioning in case of a quick transition if the ball is lost. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I think having Denny leading the line will lead to McHugh starting scoring more. Denny is what has been missing. His knock downs are what McHugh needs. Superb finish. Maybe he has a future at Cappielow after all.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I think having Denny leading the line will lead to McHugh starting scoring more. Denny is what has been missing. His knock downs are what McHugh needs. Superb finish. Maybe he has a future at Cappielow after all.

Easy now. Once Denny is match fit, bob will prob be back on bench most weeks.

Easy now. Once Denny is match fit, bob will prob be back on bench most weeks.

Yes, that does look likely, but if we are playing a 442 or similar with both of them on the pitch at once, I reckon McHugh will benefit.  He seems to be a decent finisher; it's other parts of his game that are lacking.  Nice to have options for once.

Three Things We Learned From Morton's SWORDING Of Ross County:

1) The still image at the start says CHAMPINSHIP

2) Whoever's Cappie these days (Phil Cannie?) barely even claps when the team comes out

3) Tidser's goal is still absolute sex

EOho8Pw.png

Archived