Morton Vs Ross County - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Vs Ross County

BishopBrennan

This should be a good test of our progress against one of the favourites for the league. If  Gaston, Waddell and Johnstone are both even 70% fit then they need to start. Scully has been less than convincing so far, Kilday still looks very shaky (as has Buchanan but not to the same extent) and McHugh is pish. Albeit he's had some nice touches and has been good in flashes, I've been underwhelmed with Telfer and I'm hoping it's not due to being put out on the left. Hopefully with McKeown providing the width on the left we can get more from Telfer is he's allowed to come inside more. 

I fancy a score draw. 

Gaston

Tumilty Waddell Buchanan McKeown

McAlister Millar 

Tidser 

MacLean                                             Telfer

Johnstone/Oliver

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sutton said that Johnstone requested to come off after 45 mins, presumably with one eye on Saturday's game. 

I'd get him in from the start and let Oliver come on for the latter stages. 

Squad above would be my first 11 as well. Looks relatively strong it has to be said

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Centre backs still worry me. Said a few weeks ago we were well covered there but after seeing all 3 in action over a few games I'm not convinced. At Alloa a better team would've pumped us in that second half with the chances they were given. 

I would play the two centre halves listed above but we need to see a run where the gel and know each others game.

Iredale would be my other option at Centre back as Kilday has been very poor.

Hopefully Denny is ready to go on Saturday.

I would play the two centre halves listed above but we need to see a run where the gel and know each others game.

Shame there wasn't a game sometime over the last week to give them the chance to play together...

Anyway, can't really argue with the team in the original post, think it's quite clearly our strongest eleven.

AWMSC

As much as i'd like Gaston back, i doubt Ray will drop Scully as he hasn't done much wrong.

Like Malt says, I'd like to see Waddell and Buchanan play 4/5 games together as it looks like our strongest pairing.

On paper the team looks pretty strong and  there is no reason why we can't get a result on Sat and go top!

As much as i'd like Gaston back, i doubt Ray will drop Scully as he hasn't done much wrong.

Like Malt says, I'd like to see Waddell and Buchanan play 4/5 games together as it looks like our strongest pairing.

On paper the team looks pretty strong and  there is no reason why we can't get a result on Sat and go top!

He has done wrong though. He should have done better for Queens' second goal and had an absolute stinker down at Ayr. Goalkeepers have been dropped for far less.

Tiffoney isn’t significant enough to ever be hated. He should however be treated with contempt as a sand-dancing mercenary, which is what is happening here.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Iredale would be my other option at Centre back as Kilday has been very poor.

Iredale has been abysmal this season at left back so let’s even consider putting him in a position he doesn’t play for the first time against the front runners for the league? What is it with the Morton fanbase and constantly wanting to fuck about with left backs?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Tiffoney isn't hated. He just doesn't get the lee-way that an average Morton youth player has the courtesy of receiving from fans. Now he's just an average winger, who plays in a role that our squad was badly lacking and the fact he's not good enough to fill  the role that was needed means he's hindering our chances of being successful.

That's the harsh reality of it so he won't get any sympathy from Morton fans unless he improves drastically this season and makes a big impact on our season.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Centre backs still worry me. Said a few weeks ago we were well covered there but after seeing all 3 in action over a few games I'm not convinced. At Alloa a better team would've pumped us in that second half with the chances they were given.

The answer of course is to just score hunners of goals then. Denny first half hat trick.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Since when was last years squad sadly lacking? Didnt we all agree that the calibre of the squad was fine and it was the manager who ****ed it?

Since it finished 7th. While Duffy was a major part of that, let's not forget the glaringly obvious frailties in the squad. 

Since when was last years squad sadly lacking? Didnt we all agree that the calibre of the squad was fine and it was the manager who ****ed it?

Players like Thomson, McHugh and Doyle were widely criticised last season. The reaction to Tiffoney was a bit meh, but looked on in an optimistic way since he was a young Morton player breaking through.

The squad was a few players short in terms of quality, especially in attacking positions.

Some rewriting of history going in here. By the way i assume we all hate Lamie now as well?

Oh aye, criticising the squad when you finish 7th in a ten team league really is beyond the pale. Stop being obtuse. 

He has done wrong though. He should have done better for Queens' second goal and had an absolute stinker down at Ayr. Goalkeepers have been dropped for far less.

Hence why i said "much". Agreed that by all accounts he was poor at Ayr but ill give him the benefit of the doubt in that it was first game of the season, team was brand new etc etc. He has been fine since and for me he can't be blamed for the Queens second goal, it was the players in front of him who should take the blame for that one ( we had a whole debate on this after the game so no point in going over it again)

Like i said, I want Gats back in as number 1 but i think Ray will stand by Scully, at least for now!

Archived