Duncan Douglas Foulds Rae Obe 1931-2018 - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Duncan Douglas Foulds Rae Obe 1931-2018

GiGi

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, agreed.

He has brought what feels like a new era to the club and under the circumstances, given his fathers poor Health, he has worked tiredlessly for the club.

Do it for Dougie

Crawford was also there today with Nick, good to see them out supporting the team in what was a bounce game!

The opinion a while back seemed to be that Crawford didn't really care about Morton but think he has shown since he took over that is clearly not the case!

Crawford was also there today with Nick, good to see them out supporting the team in what was a bounce game!

The opinion a while back seemed to be that Crawford didn't really care about Morton but think he has shown since he took over that is clearly not the case!

That's really nice to hear. Fair play to him.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

You also see him in the pictures from the first day of preseason training down at Parklea watching.

Hard not to be impressed with him so far.

He has come in and been very hands on in that he has communicated well with the fans, reacted quickly to issues and by that I mean extending the season ticket deal, has backed the manager who has secured all of his transfer targets bar one which was outwith our control and he had been visible at training and a bounce game when you could appreciate that he may have wanted to have mourned his loss.

It is a new and exciting era under Crawford and I hope he achieved his objectives and has a successful reign as Chairman.

Also, I have read a few player interviews this pre seasonnand they have all spoken about promotion and play offs. Would appear he has appointed a manager who matches his own ambitions and players of a similar mindset have been brought on board.

Hopefully a successful season and next year we can build on the season ticket numbers and maybe get another 250-500 bought in!

While not being as negative as LinwoodTon I too was sceptical about this "new regime" as I thought it was sound bites whilst repositioning the deckchairs on the titanic but I'm slowly being convinced. Crawford has acted with a lot of class lately and deserves the benefit of the doubt by all.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I see the council are to name the road going into the marina across from Cappielow, Douglas Rae Road.

https://www.inverclydenow.com/news/local-news/road-at-iconic-greenock-dock-near-cappielow-to-be-named-after-douglas-rae

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Archived