Championship 2018-19 Thread - Page 20 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2018-19 Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It also leaves King Snake's XI a massive eight points adrift of safety heading into their 'relegated by Christmas' decider at Alloa tomorrow. 

anigif_enhanced-30384-1396279115-5.gif

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

We are only six points off the bottom. Our next four games are ICT away, Falkirk at home, Ross County away and QoS away. That's a horrible run of fixtures and if we go through that without a massive turnaround then we're in huge trouble.

We're already sitting on four games without a win and looking at the evidence there's no reason to believe things are going to get better. It sounds drastic this early but the next month will make or break Johansson as a manager.

If we grind out a couple of wins then we can see he's learning. If we can't find a win in that then we've gone from playoff contenders to relegation favourites in the space of two months and the only conversation to be had is how soon we accept that Johansson's not a manager, cut our losses and sack him.

This is career defining. He cannot begin his career with a winless run of seven games if he wants to make it to Christmas. Today's result is a sackable offence by itself: he needs to get a reaction from the squad and he needs it now.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Again, I don't think you can pin the result on JJ considering we were doing just fine until the midfield was crippled.

You can't account for the defence just forgetting how to defend, trap a ball or pass constantly giving the ball away. I haven't seen the 5th goal but what I did see was enough to tell me Kilday shouldn't wear the jersey again. He's a 3rd tier player at best badly shown up. Waddell should play from now on.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Again, I don't think you can pin the result on JJ considering we were doing just fine until the midfield was crippled.

You can't account for the defence just forgetting how to defend, trap a ball or pass constantly giving the ball away. I haven't seen the 5th goal but what I did see was enough to tell me Kilday shouldn't wear the jersey again. He's a 3rd tier player at best badly shown up. Waddell should play from now on.

Aye you can blame him. At 3-1 we were getting hammered and all he could do was like for like subs.

Such a ridiculous catalogue of errors in such a short space of time doesn't happen in a vacuum. The defence capitulating as they did in response to a setback has to lead to questions about the manager's organisation and what kind of mentality he's instilling in them.

You can't say a manager is blameless after a 5-1 hammering; if he's genuinely powerless to do anything about that then we have far bigger issues than one bad day.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

He made the situation infinitely worse by replacing one of them with a little lost child.

He made the situation infinitely worse by replacing one of them with a little lost child.

Before the game kicked off, the club put out an article that the boy Lyon was the first Morton player born this century to play for the club, in the cup against Dumbarton. Then he gets a game, mmm.

Call me paranoid but I reckon it was all pre-planned that he got game time yesterday, in another attempt by the club to raise the profile of boys coming through the youth system.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

That's 3 mibby 4 goals we have lost in the right back area in the last two games.

The absolute state of us in terms of shape when we kicked off after the second goal.

The decision making which led to shanklands one on one after the third.

The lack of willingness to stop a cross.

The decision to put Lyon on when he could have put telfer in there and pushed McLean on, or even iredale.

Horrific set pieces.

These are all things that the manager can absolutely take responsibility for.

He said he learned a lot about some of the players. Well, he is stuck with this squad until January.

He said he learned a lot about some of the players. Well, he is stuck with this squad until January.

Whilst there's areas that can be improved, I don't think the squad is unworkable. To take the team that played so well against Ross County and get an absolute hammering off of Ayr is unforgivable.

AWMSC

Archived