Thread About Ex Player - Page 233 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Mixed* news from our former players down south today. David 'Hoppy' Hopkin continued his abysmal start as Bradford manager by losing 2-1 at Doncaster in what is presumably a seventh-grade version of a local derby - think of it as the Montrose-Forfar of Yorkshire football. Since being given the job Bradford have lost three straight league games and are now deep in the relegation zone. Despite the shrill, whining support of Dr. Zhivago and the apparent relevance of his very big deal 'business interests' in the local area, I'd give 'Hoppy' three or four games to turn things around sharply or else the notoriously impatient weirdos running that club will be giving him the sack. Sad!*

Meanwhile in League Two, Sir Gavin Gunning expertly marshalled the Forest Green Rovers' defence to a 1-0 victory over Crawley Town. The Gloucestershire side are now the only unbeaten team left in the division and moved into the promotion play-offs with the win; leaving Sir Gavin's former sides Port Vale and Grimsby trailing in his wake. Not bad going for 'a snake Irish tinker' - as the head tax advisor at HMRC, chief executive at Endemol and lead codebreaker at Bletchley Park who used to post on here once infamously described this prince among men. 

Nah, still not really.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Not exactly an ex-player, but Joe Knowles - the Perth Glory striker who was in on trial - scored twice on his debut for Largs Thistle today as they SWORDED Irvine Meadow 7-0 at Barrfields. Two goals in two minutes right at the end of the game after coming on as a sub.

In fairness Medda are having a rotten season, 1 point and -23 goals (!) from eight games. I guess the money has run out.

Hurlford still utterly running away with the West Premier.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

Not exactly an ex-player, but Joe Knowles - the Perth Glory striker who was in on trial - scored twice on his debut for Largs Thistle today as they SWORDED Irvine Meadow 7-0 at Barrfields. Two goals in two minutes right at the end of the game after coming on as a sub.

In fairness Medda are having a rotten season, 1 point and -23 goals (!) from eight games. I guess the money has run out.

Hurlford still utterly running away with the West Premier.

Perth glory to Largs and has no connection to the area...interesting.

Thistle have their highlights up already, albeit filmed in potat-o-vision from an altitude of around -500 meters:

Should also have mentioned that current loanee Ben Docherty scored one, while former Morton youths Kevin Struthers, Creag Little, and Martin Orr started as well. It's very possible some of the other first XIs were also at Cappielow but those were the names I recognized.

5:08 for Docherty's goal. Tap-in at the far post, easy as you like, but good positioning from him.

6:55 for Knowles' first. Almost a carbon-copy of Docherty's except it was at the near post, and a very nice clipped finish on the run.

7:29 for his second, and very similar to his first! The Medda left-back had an awful day but the rest of the team wasn't up to much either.

A great number of ex-Ton have played for Theesel over the years. I remember going down there and watching them against Renfrew many years ago, and Neil Shearer was at centre-back for them. Although he was a big guy he absolutely dominated and was deceptively pacy, albeit at a low level of the game. A master of the last-ditch tackle. Perfectly suited for Junior football.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

Mark Russell got a runout for Falkirk Reserves as they were hounded 5-1 by Dundee United this afternoon. I believe this is known as 'being punished with failure'. 

Enjoy counting the fans when you finally wash up at East Stirling in a few years' time. 

ImprobableOblongAcornwoodpecker-size_res

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Mark Russell got a runout for Falkirk Reserves as they were hounded 5-1 by Dundee United this afternoon. I believe this is known as 'being punished with failure'. 

Enjoy counting the fans when you finally wash up at East Stirling in a few years' time. 

ImprobableOblongAcornwoodpecker-size_res

:lol:

Did they play him at centre half again?

:lol: