The Awakening - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Awakening

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11200624_875695589176997_600359447277826

That's a great photo.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

And yet contributed far more to the club's history than some of the more established names that have darkened the door of Cappielow down the years.

Shut up ya fanny.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Average at best.

Erm no. Brian Wake enjoys a better goals to starts ratio for The Famous than much-vaunted 'Morton Hall of Famer' Peter Weatherson. And the striking hero of a gormless 90s generation 'The Hawke' as well. These are facts.

And only Brian Wake single-handedly delivered The Famous for relegation, in the same way that he single-handedly kept Carlisle in the English senior football league. Also facts.

The next Morton Hall of Fame dinner should have the kitman and all the other shan ringers purged, with Wake alone being added to Jimmy Cowan and the 1922 team. And then it can be cast in granite for all eternity.

A glorious day and a glorious thread for a glorious player.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Erm no. Brian Wake enjoys a better goals to starts ratio for The Famous than much-vaunted 'Morton Hall of Famer' Peter Weatherson. And the striking hero of a gormless 90s generation 'The Hawke' as well. These are facts.

And only Brian Wake single-handedly delivered The Famous for relegation, in the same way that he single-handedly kept Carlisle in the English senior football league. Also facts.

The next Morton Hall of Fame dinner should have the kitman and all the other shan ringers purged, with Wake alone being added to Jimmy Cowan and the 1922 team. And then it can be cast in granite for all eternity.

Hawke was never the same player after a back injury but prior to that Wake couldn't lace his boots.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Dr StrangeLove has been listening to General Jack D Ripper again methinks.

Hawke was never the same player after a back injury but prior to that Wake couldn't lace his boots.

The facts show otherwise. Hawke's most effective season was in 1995/96, in which he scored 13 goals from 37 starts. In Wake's only full season at the club, he managed 12 goals from just 25 starts. So roughly one goal per three starts from Hawke; one goal in every two starts from Wake. 

Overall stats for the two forwards at The Famous and at the same level (so excluding Hawke's second spell):

Hawke - 41 goals from 151 starts (0.27 goals per start)

Wake - 20 goals from 39 starts (0.51 goals per start)

While Hawke's record is credible in its own right, it is quite clearly he who is barely fit to lace Wake's boots in this comparison and not the other way round. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Weatherson's stats for the same level of football, incidentally, are 59 goals from 179 starts (0.33 per start). Making the ranking as follows with each line being worth 0.01 of a goal per game:

Wake

Weatherson

Hawke

As you can see, it's not even close. 

The facts show otherwise. Hawke's most effective season was in 1995/96, in which he scored 13 goals from 37 starts. In Wake's only full season at the club, he managed 12 goals from just 25 starts. So roughly one goal per three starts from Hawke; one goal in every two starts from Wake. 

Overall stats for the two forwards at The Famous and at the same level (so excluding Hawke's second spell):

Hawke - 41 goals from 151 starts (0.27 goals per start)

Wake - 20 goals from 39 starts (0.51 goals per start)

While Hawke's record is credible in its own right, it is quite clearly he who is barely fit to lace Wake's boots in this comparison and not the other way round.

Based on your comprehensive fact based analysis Wittiveen trumps Wake with 0.555 goals per start. What a guy!

And no doubt you once again trumped everyone with your 157 goals for Greenock Juniors in the 1960s, you deluded fantasist loser. 

Archived