Fans Q&A - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Fans Q&A

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no point moaning about the capacity until a point where they refuse to move the venue despite much bigger interest.

70 people was probably a decent estimate based on the previous shambles of a meeting, so if there's enough interest they seem more than willing to try and obtain a bigger venue.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

There's no point moaning about the capacity until a point where they refuse to move the venue despite much bigger interest.

70 people was probably a decent estimate based on the previous shambles of a meeting, so if there's enough interest they seem more than willing to try and obtain a bigger venue.

No, it was a shit estimate, because the previous low turnout was an anomaly. The last event was rushed and poorly publicized and also didn't come straight off the back of Crawford basically announcing that he was chucking it. Obviously with more notice, and the sense of urgency now about the club, there was going to be much greater interest. But this is the club who budgeted for gates of 4,000 and (among other things) a sell-out against Rangers they didn't even come close to, so their inability to know their own fanbase isn't a surprise anymore.

EOho8Pw.png

No, it was a s*** estimate, because the previous low turnout was an anomaly. The last event was rushed and poorly publicized and also didn't come straight off the back of Crawford basically announcing that he was chucking it. Obviously with more notice, and the sense of urgency now about the club, there was going to be much greater interest. But this is the club who budgeted for gates of 4,000 and (among other things) a sell-out against Rangers they didn't even come close to, so their inability to know their own fanbase isn't a surprise anymore.

I disagree. At two weeks notice I'd say 70 is a fair estimate and at a venue they don't need to book makes sense, and given their willingness to change the venue if enough people tell them they're interested then the complaining about it seems like a giant non issue to me, especially considering the very real issues that will need to be addressed at the meeting.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I disagree. At two weeks notice I'd say 70 is a fair estimate and at a venue they don't need to book makes sense, and given their willingness to change the venue if enough people tell them they're interested then the complaining about it seems like a giant non issue to me, especially considering the very real issues that will need to be addressed at the meeting.

I am fine with their being open to changing the venue. No complaints there at all. You're right that it's not a big issue. But it's yet another (admittedly minor) data point in the saga-length list of Morton not understanding their fans.

EOho8Pw.png

It's quite clearly an attempt to limit the number of attendees.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

It's quite clearly an attempt to limit the number of attendees.

How many questions do you think are going to be asked? The event is open to any fan and the same questions will be asked whether it's 70 people or 300 there.

If it was 10 people attending and they had to be vetted I'd understand your point but 70 random fans is a good enough sample number to get concerns across.

32.gif

The Norseman would be a good venue for such a meeting.

Lots of space. Could swing a tiger in there, really. Wouldn't want to, though. Not unless it had been stunned. Even then it's going to weigh the best part of a ton.

You can get 70 in the Chairmans Lounge nae bother. Doesn't matter if it's 70 or 700 there is only so many questions that people will ask on certain topics. You go to these Q&As and some folk ask the same question over and over.

If it's minuted or better still live on Facebook, Periscope or Paltalk then the numbers attending is not such an issue. You could even ask a question that way if you have a half decent meeting moderator.

The Midden did their Q&As live when they were talking about the fans buyout and what that entailed. No reason why the club can't organise something the same for the Q&A. 

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Archived