ross county v the ton - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

ross county v the ton

beetee

In and of itself losing 2-0 to Ross County is standard being beaten by the better team, In the context of how we’ve played since this blithering idiot got the job, it’s yet another reason to sack Johansson.

He is the worst manager we’ve ever had.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In and of itself losing 2-0 to Ross County is standard being beaten by the better team, In the context of how we’ve played since this blithering idiot got the job, it’s yet another reason to sack Johansson.

He is the worst manager we’ve ever had.

Dave McPherson and Allan Evans were absolutely worse, without a shadow of a doubt. 

I think we played pretty well for the most part tbh. Both goals were poorly defended and we didn’t create too much and so can have no complaints with the result but it was far from a shambolic display.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Allan Evans didn’t stand a chance.

I know what you're saying, but Ally Maxwell won more points in 14 games that season than Evans did in 22. Going into administration helped in a sense (and Scott Paterson did too), but it wasn't exactly a massive boost to a guy who was basically standing in. Evans was awful, he didn't have a clue what standard of player was required and didn't have anything else about him either. 

I think we played pretty well for the most part tbh. Both goals were poorly defended and we didn’t create too much and so can have no complaints with the result but it was far from a shambolic display.

Even though you have repeatedly said we aren't in trouble of relegation, we are now only 6 points clear of 9th with 2 of the 3 teams below us having a game in hand (3 out of 4 if you count Alloa but I think they are done) whilst the other has a 40 goal a season striker. 'Not shambolic' isn't good enough and with the mistakes we are making 9th isn't beyond us.

We NEED to win next week otherwise we are done.

Even though you have repeatedly said we aren't in trouble of relegation, we are now only 6 points clear of 9th with 2 of the 3 teams below us having a game in hand (3 out of 4 if you count Alloa but I think they are done) whilst the other has a 40 goal a season striker. 'Not shambolic' isn't good enough and with the mistakes we are making 9th isn't beyond us.

We NEED to win next week otherwise we are done.

I think if we win next week then we're not far away from being safe. If we lose or draw then we're definitely still in trouble, but QotS have more reason to be worried than we do. 

On form we look like favourites for 8th. 

How has that 40 goal a season striker helped them out in their last seven games champ?

The likes of Queen of the South and Alloa will struggle to get more than 8 points between now and the end of the season; even under TTGJ we will clearly take the same number of points at least.

Posters on here had the exact same meltdown three games ago and thought that we were certs to be relegated - since then we’ve picked up 4 points and are in the exact same position as before. It’s almost as if we’ve been a truly mediocre midtable side all along.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Seven or eight more points and we're safe imo. Alloa is a big game for sure but we're not the only weak side in the division. We can scrap an occasional set-piece goal now and again.

EOho8Pw.png

On current form Falkirk and Thistle will over take us (both 7 points better off over the last 6 games and have a game in hand). Alloa could well be done and, if we beat them then aye 10th is a write-off. However, we haven't been good against Alloa at all this season. Queens are collapsing but Dobbie could refind form and get them some points.

Obviously it is more likely we will survive by the skin of our teeth but complacency can't be allowed to sink in.

Complacency? Yeah because professional football teams down tools based on the judgment of an online fan messageboard all the time.

The facts point to a crap and boring 7th place finish again so that’s where we’re headed. No amount of knicker-wetting is going to change that.

Aye, other diddies have had mitigating circumstances but Johansson has none, he's just awful. Complete and utter s***ebag, absolute disgrace to the job,

Agree totally about JJ but McPherson if anything had even fewer excuses. As manager of the only full-time team in the Third Division he should have had them strolling it. Instead we looked like a pack of amateurs. I'd say he was the worst, but JJ is pushing him close.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived