Jim - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Jim

Toby

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe this. Utterly tragic news. A genuinely good guy who had time for everyone, although not best mates he was a friend who was always up for banter and a good laugh. My thoughts are with his family and friends. So sad and devastating news

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Really sad news. I had long gone from Greenock by the time Jim took over The Albert but we always had a natter whenever we met and he got in touch about meeting up when Sheffield United were playing one of the Greater Manchester teams, can't remember which.

Genuine football man. My thoughts are most definitely with his family and many friends.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

So sorry to hear this.

Only spoke to him a couple of times but you could just tell he was well respected and adored by many.

Would like to think the club will do something to honour him.

RIP Jim.

I didn't know him personally, but I knew who he was. One of those guys that I always associated as being at the centre of the core Morton support - the fundraising seems incredibly appropriate for someone who gave so much as an active part of the support. He always seemed a sensible and good willed guy online as well. Gone far too soon. Rest in peace.

So sad to hear this. Jim was such a nice guy and a true Morton and Blades man. He was always a good laugh and to talk to on the bus to games and at games. He will be missed by everyone in the Morton community.

My thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time.

RIP Jim.

Mon the Ton

Absolutely shocked by this. 

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Real shame to hear that and thoughts go to his friends and family. Didn't know Jim personally but having travelled on the Albert a couple of times he was always welcoming. You can tell how much he was loved by friends and family going by the reaction on here and on social media. 

Archived