A-Z of football quizzes - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

A-Z of football quizzes

R

On Sunday 9th June Scotland women will play England at the world cup

On 18th November 1972 the first ever womens international match between these two countries took place at which stadium ?

You've forgot to log in as AlanPartridgeTon. :D

*insert signature here*

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's all of them done, for a total of 411 questions!

https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/nach0king/a-z-of-football

I tried Z and it involves trying to spell Zelzejnicar and Zabaleta correctly. Fuck that.

7/16 for Z

9/16 for Y

5/11 for X

12/16 for W - my best one yet.

Incidentally - one of the questions I never got right - but as a kid I had a friend named Xuereb.

*insert signature here*

The first I'll grant you, it's a bastard, but Zabaleta? It literally couldn't be easier to spell.

In the case of Zeljeznicar, if you know the answer in your head but just can't spell it, IMO it's not cheating to Google it.

EOho8Pw.png

The 'A' quiz got an "Editor's Pick", which means it appeared on the sports page as the top result for a couple of days. This increased the number of plays approximately 20-fold. Which was nice.

On Monday I start a new series, based on football around the world. I'll start with England, Spain, Italy, Germany, then France, in that order. Then the following week I'll start to sandwich those 'established' countries with more obscure ones (in trivia terms) such as Scotland, the Netherlands, Poland, and so on. I'll make separate quizzes for Argentina and Brazil, of course, but other areas of the world I may fold into a larger area (e.g. the Far East, West Africa), since their domestic leagues in particular are practically unknown by English speakers.

Aiming to make this a 50-part quiz covering the entire world, but, again, with obvious bias towards the countries people actually care about, so there'll be at least 7 England quizzes in there, for example. Sad but true, gotta go where the audience is. But I'll definitely fit in at least one Scotland one. Morton might not be an answer but by God as my witness I will shoehorn them in somehow, possibly as part of a question.

EOho8Pw.png

Please don't nacho. I could tolerate your whimsical obsession with Glasgow's transport system but you're going too far with this football shyte. Kick back and have some hush puppies, shrimp and grits.

Please don't nacho. I could tolerate your whimsical obsession with Glasgow's transport system but you're going too far with this football shyte. Kick back and have some hush puppies, shrimp and grits.

I rather enjoyed his obsession with bus shelters on train platforms, and after hanging out in some redneck bars in downtown Dallas, I rather enjoyed his obsession with Alt-right USA politics.

I was wrong all those years ago. He isn't a twat, he's a rather enjoyable poster on here.

*insert signature here*

Archived