Car Wash rip off - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Car Wash rip off

The Bewilderedbeast

I have used the car wash at Drumfrochar Road for some years and have had valets carried out several times and was always happy with the results.

My son gifted me vouchers for the value of £40 for future use.

I went up this morning and asked for a mini valet priced at £15. Told them I had a voucher and would pay the remaining £5 in cash. They refused point blank to accept the voucher, despite it having the company name and address and the value printed on it.

The guy said that the price had gone up since the voucher was bought and was therefore not valid. Pish, the price was at one point £13, but I was willing to pay the extra fiver on top of the voucher, so, that wasn’t an argument.

Beware anyone thinking of buying vouchers for this place as a gift for a friend etc. They won’t accept them!

No doubt there will be the expected sarcastic comments from the usual suspects, but if this stops anyone else from being ripped off so be it.

Beware anyone thinking of buying vouchers for this place as a gift for a friend etc. They won’t accept them!

Thanks for the warning mate, I had been going to buy some as an engagement present but I think I'll go for the more traditional option and get gift vouchers for a wheely-bin cleaner instead. Don't want the recipient to be disappointed, like.

AWMSC

Archived