ton v alloa - Page 22 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

ton v alloa

beetee

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The previous two posts, the one word that stands out is "alternatives" however considering the reputation they have for their business dealings, there is unlikely to be an 'alternative'.

That's not to say that we are not an attractive business proposition or that a shrewd investor may not see potential in Morton, the prospect of being a rival bidder or consortium to the Charabanc Brothers may be too much hassle for an 'alternative' to come forward.

*insert signature here*

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/morton/4218680.stm

One thing that all Morton supporters should regret is not taking Gordon Ramsay's interest in the club seriously back then. There was a perfect opportunity to invite him up and get involved, similar to how we did with Alastair Donald just a short time afterwards and how Norwich done with Delia Smith around that time.

He is a very wealthy guy, has personal connection with Morton, understands Football, has A-list celebrity status and has made an absolute fortune showing others how to turn around their failing businesses. He ticks many boxes. Even if DDFR wasn't looking to sell up at that point, he should have treated his interest a bit more seriously rather than dismissing it by giving it the Finbar Saunders "Fnarr, Fnarr. Trifle etc" routine.

We would have been a better state today if only he did.

*insert signature here*

• 2 weeks later...

I would like the team to secure safety but that is still likely to happen regardless of the outcome of this not-even-remotely 'must win' fixture. We have another four league games after this one and a favourable run-in. But mere survival is only going to prove worthwhile to anyone other than Iron Man so long as the division next season is stacked with part-time dross. So plucky Alloa staying in the division is also good news for GMFC in a way that Partick or Falkirk avoiding the plunge really, really is not. So if our standard TTGJ incompetence is going to lead to a share of the spoils or another away win this evening, I'm not going to be too devastated by that outcome. 

Morton being in a position to send Falkirk several points adrift at the bottom and racing certainties for relegation on our visit to Grangemouth in eleven days' time is the ideal scenario here. Which would also be the only true 'must-win' contest in this entire, shan run-in. 

^^^ kenned the score all along

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Now for a quick run-through of those who sadly didn't ken the score:

The master plan to relegate Falkirk is shaping up well!

In reality we will lose to Falkirk next week, putting us bottom of the table.

We are absolutely getting relegated.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

That was rancid, absolutely schooled by Alloa. No doubt about it we’re going down.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

I should add, there is no doubt we are heading down. We would never win a playoff.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

It's too late now. We're fucked.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

We're in total free fall. We're finished at any serious level.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

Keeps VT and his merry band happy
One more thing we ARE going down

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

100% agree

VT and his followers are deluded.

How did that work out for you?

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

Archived