Championship 19/20 - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 19/20

SpoonTon

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much for 50 clubs being after him and destined for a big club.

Purple patch over and he's Tam O'Ware'd it.

Still, a three-year deal and he'll be on decent money. For a player like him that's still a result.

EOho8Pw.png

McCall was letting everyone know that 3 'massive' teams were after him, 2 of which were down south. Reading  a few things about it, sounds like Shankland got too greedy and everyone pulled out. 

McCall was letting everyone know that 3 'massive' teams were after him, 2 of which were down south. Reading a few things about it, sounds like Shankland got too greedy and everyone pulled out.

I read it differently insofar as he said he was more concerned with getting a regular first team place rather than just money.

If he had gone to Sunderland for example he would have had much more competition than at Dundee United.

It will be interesting to see if he has made a good choice, if indeed he had other more lucrative options.

I read it differently insofar as he said he was more concerned with getting a regular first team place rather than just money.

That's what every dud says when they don't actually have any big money offers on the table though. Ayr and Shankland simply failed to capitalise at the peak of his purple patch in January, when the club rejected around £250k of real, actual money for the last six months of his contract to maintain their laughable, so-called 'promotion push'.

A decision that has worked out so well for them. 

ImprobableOblongAcornwoodpecker-size_res

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The word is he turned down Sunderland and chose United because he’d be guaranteed more game time, Hull City similarly. Now, I find that somewhat hard to believe for many reasons but if it is somehow the case, fair play to the boy.

I think his decision to reinvent himself with his fitness regime after disappointments at Aberdeen, Dunfermline, St Mirren and Morton, show the character of the player. I’ve no doubt it’s true that his decisions are for footballing reasons, and he certainly can’t be described as a dud in anybody’s language. I hope things work out for him.

I think his decision to reinvent himself with his fitness regime after disappointments at Aberdeen, Dunfermline, St Mirren and Morton, show the character of the player. I’ve no doubt it’s true that his decisions are for footballing reasons, and he certainly can’t be described as a dud in anybody’s language. I hope things work out for him.

I too wish well this ex-skunk who was shit for us and now scores against us for fun.

EOho8Pw.png

The word is he turned down Sunderland and chose United because he’d be guaranteed more game time, Hull City similarly. Now, I find that somewhat hard to believe for many reasons but if it is somehow the case, fair play to the boy.

Surely if that was the case he'd sign for Hull or Sunderland on the understanding that he will be loaned out somewhere to get game time. That way he gets more money, game time and in theory gets a chance to prove himself at a decent level after another loan spell. Either way, this is a big season for him.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

It's like you're getting paid for every shite hot take you post now; dependably wrong on every single topic. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

What on earth has that got to do with your shan panegyric for a fat, Paisley jobber? 

Archived