Championship 19/20 - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 19/20

SpoonTon

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strong rumours that Kearney is about to leave St Mirren and be replaced by Jim Goodwin. If so Alloa will do well to replace him with someone as effective as he has been for them.

Just been reading about this now. Seemingly Kearney sold his flat in Scotland and was going to commute daily back and forth to Belfast. I can understand St Mirren questioning his dedication to the job in that case.

The fact that the Coleraine managers job hasn't been filled yet, together with his former PE teachers job, makes it look he's been trying to work his ticket out of the club without resigning and walking away with no payout.

Anyway, Goodwin is a stick OK for that job now I reckon. I'll be happy to see the back of him, he certainly had us sussed last season.

Just been reading about this now. Seemingly Kearney sold his flat in Scotland and was going to commute daily back and forth to Belfast. I can understand St Mirren questioning his dedication to the job in that case.

The fact that the Coleraine managers job hasn't been filled yet, together with his former PE teachers job, makes it look he's been trying to work his ticket out of the club without resigning and walking away with no payout.

Anyway, Goodwin is a stick OK for that job now I reckon. I'll be happy to see the back of him, he certainly had us sussed last season.

That’s an interesting take on it! I actually felt it was the St Mirren board working his ticket for him, effectively forcing Kearney to leave so they can get Goodwin in without being accused of sacking another manager. They do have a bit of a back catalogue of these sort of tactics. Typical Paisley Behaviour!

With Doolan and Miller signed up, there's a relative dearth of known-quality strikers available for other clubs. For us it sounds like Muirhead might be the number nine.

Things pretty quiet otherwise...

EOho8Pw.png

With Doolan and Miller signed up, there's a relative dearth of known-quality strikers available for other clubs. For us it sounds like Muirhead might be the number nine.

Things pretty quiet otherwise...

I think you're being extremely generous to Miller there. His record last season was absolutely shite.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I think you're being extremely generous to Miller there. His record last season was absolutely shite.

That's a bit harsh. 8 goals in 33 league games isn't terrible at all IMO considering the shite team he was in. And the fact that he's 40 in December.

Wouldn't have wanted him here mind you.

I see the Falkirk season ticket boycott in protest to the board is going well with just the 1500+ fans signing up for the early bird price.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Old news, but Alloa’s manager goes to manage the skunks instead.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived