Hopkin - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hopkin

macca937

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s ok saying that now, imagine the reaction back then if we’d knocked back Shiels and made Hopkin the manager.

Agreed. I was delighted with Shiels at the time but it was obviously a disaster.

Davie Hopkin really wanted to be Morton manager 5/6 years ago... for the love of the club, and a belief that he could improve things. I heard him pointing out weaknesses at the club and with individual players at the time. Such a simple philosophy he has, get extremely fit, get organised, and give everything you've got... and that pretty much sums up Livi. 

Hope Livi go up, would gladly see Thistle come down...

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Davie Hopkin really wanted to be Morton manager 5/6 years ago... for the love of the club, and a belief that he could improve things. I heard him pointing out weaknesses at the club and with individual players at the time. Such a simple philosophy he has, get extremely fit, get organised, and give everything you've got... and that pretty much sums up Livi.

Hope Livi go up, would gladly see Thistle come down...

Wow, do you know Davie Hopkin?!

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

To think we binned him for kenny fekin shields.

'To think that we binned a caretaker who failed to win a single game in his spell in charge' is the more accurate version of events. 

Shiels is doing fine for himself at Derry City as well; let's not forget that if it weren't for the last game of that particular season, Shiels would have been our manager going into the third tier - you could make a decent case for him absolutely romping that pub league had he been given the chance.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The appointment of Shiels had a feeling of pushing the boat out, obviously under difficult circumstances but it felt like a coup, extra press coverage at the appointment (did we not even have a mini press conference?)

Like others, would have been happy for him to continue but the Hamilton game made his position really difficult.

Hoping for at least a similar feel with the new appointment.

Hopkin has done really well at Livi and won't be short of suitors, maybe even from them up the road (Jack Ross was trying to be diplomatic when interviewed last night but you could sense he wants the Ipswich job).

Hoping for someone a bit more exciting than Hopkin but I'd happily take what he has done at Livi (although horrible franchise club or not, would have killed to have traded what they have done since they changed from Meadowbank for what little we have done).

Wow, do you know Davie Hopkin?!

I know loads of them! woohoo ;-) I do like to name-drop.. just to see who dives in in response :)

Actually know Hagi better, but since he was part of the management team, didn't really think it was appropriate to pass much on from that source... (as I said at the time, what I wrote about Gunning being a nightmare to have around, came from a pretty reliable source)

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

I know loads of them! woohoo ;-) I do like to name-drop.. just to see who dives in in response :)

Actually know Hagi better, but since he was part of the management team, didn't really think it was appropriate to pass much on from that source... (as I said at the time, what I wrote about Gunning being a nightmare to have around, came from a pretty reliable source)

Then Hagi should have had his contract torn up and Gunning appointed player/assistant manager/manager in waiting instantly.

Cutting edge bants from the resident joker

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Good to know that Craig McPherson is bad-mouthing his manager's signing targets to whoever will listen. That bodes well for the future prospects of Scottish football coach Craig McPherson, born 1971.

EOho8Pw.png

Think it is still poor, if true, to mention this even if he has left.

Craig is currently unemployed and this doesn't look good for his handling of business or confidentiality. Maybe best keeping to yourself instead of using as a chest out, 'I know. Parton personnel' moment.

Hagi currently setting up a splinter WhatsApp group for “The Cafe lads” with Clydeview now firmly left in the old one 😂 Can’t believe you’ve just thrown him right under the bus there 😂

Archived