Who Is The Biggest Arsehole To Have Played For Morton? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Is The Biggest Arsehole To Have Played For Morton?

Toby

Quite an apt topic I feel, given recent events, such as Thomas O'Ware's acrimonious departure, Scott McLaughlin's attention seeking and now Dean Keenan and Kieran McAnespie's online swipes at Reghan Tumilty for having the temerity to be pleased with himself in spite of a poor result.

As you'll see from the choices on offer, we have a plethora of pricks available, and almost exclusively from the same era, which I'd say is quite a disappointing point to note. I've been deliberate in excluding the likes of Tommy Turner and Andy Millen, as I don't think that merely signing for St. Mirren is really enough to include someone in such a Rogues' Gallery, but if there's anyone who you feel I've wrongly overlooked, feel free to let me know and they'll be included in the poll.

My personal choice would be "part time 'baller, full time rocker" Dominic Shimmin, a guy who, in spite of his obvious ability, and encouraging early performances, managed to do a right good job of pissing everyone off with his phantom injuries, only to miraculously recover in time for a Scottish Cup tie with Celtic in 2010.

Your thoughts, please?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite an apt topic I feel, given recent events, such as Thomas O'Ware's acrimonious departure, Scott McLaughlin's attention seeking and now Dean Keenan and Kieran McAnespie's online swipes at Reghan Tumilty for having the temerity to be pleased with himself in spite of a poor result.

As you'll see from the choices on offer, we have a plethora of pricks available, and almost exclusively from the same era, which I'd say is quite a disappointing point to note. I've been deliberate in excluding the likes of Tommy Turner and Andy Millen, as I don't think that merely signing for St. Mirren is really enough to include someone in such a Rogues' Gallery, but if there's anyone who you feel I've wrongly overlooked, feel free to let me know and they'll be included in the poll.

My personal choice would be "part time 'baller, full time rocker" Dominic Shimmin, a guy who, in spite of his obvious ability, and encouraging early performances, managed to do a right good job of pissing everyone off with his phantom injuries, only to miraculously recover in time for a Scottish Cup tie with Celtic in 2010.

Your thoughts, please?

Having read your first two paragraphs I thought Dominic Shimmin. He could have been, indeed for a short time was one of our best players, but just couldn't be bothered and took a wage for sitting in the stand doing nothing other than nurse some grievance or other and a host of apparent injuries.

The others are behaving like spoilt brats/immature weans, but he let us down very badly and took a wage under false pretences, or so it seemed.

I've often wondered if there was more to that Shimmin situation. I'm sure his last game before it all started was the game he broke Gary Arbuckle's leg. Often wondered if something got in his head after that incident.

Went for Marc Fitzpatrick. An odious little cretin during his time with us and bragged about our cash going through the turnstiles paying him to go enjoy a nice holiday after getting us relegated and stinking the place out for a year. 

I must have missed what Donovan Simmonds did to get on this list as all I can remember about him was that he was absolutely shite. What did he do? 

I've often wondered if there was more to that Shimmin situation. I'm sure his last game before it all started was the game he broke Gary Arbuckle's leg. Often wondered if something got in his head after that incident.

Agreed. Would rather Gary O'Connor than Simmonds.

Went for Marc Fitzpatrick. An odious little cretin during his time with us and bragged about our cash going through the turnstiles paying him to go enjoy a nice holiday after getting us relegated and stinking the place out for a year. 

I must have missed what Donovan Simmonds did to get on this list as all I can remember about him was that he was absolutely s***e. What did he do? 

My main issue with him was his total lack of effort in the final game of the 2009/10 season against Ayr when we needed a result, after telling us he should've been playing in the SPL on arrival. After his departure he was quick to post online about how we should bring him back- he was so out of touch with how his efforts were received after that game. Perhaps not enough to be included in the poll, but it's my baw, and I'm playing with it.

To be honest I did at the time wonder about that. The QotS manager at the time, was it Chisholm? was critical of Shimmin and maybe it did affect him.

Over the piece however I came to the view he was 'at it'.

Would probably go for Novo from the options provided, although that's as much on general principles as much as anything he did (or didn't) do when he was here. Craig Reid would rank highly too.

Of names not included, Stewart McLuskey was a massive bellend.

AWMSC

Would probably go for Novo from the options provided, although that's as much on general principles as much as anything he did (or didn't) do when he was here. Craig Reid would rank highly too.

Of names not included, Stewart McLuskey was a massive bellend.

Was erring towards Fitzpatrick but agree regarding McCluskey. Playing in legends tournament while being "injured" as up there with the worst.

Grady by a distance. An arrogant prick with a ridiculously high opinion of himself who snaked his way into the job, performed appallingly then had the temerity to complain about not being awarded with a new contract for his efforts, having been an abject liability as a player. A thoroughly horrible person.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

In the case of Shimmin I think he's ultimately too thick to be judged as the absolute worst, and it's *partially* our fault for pinning our hopes on a guy who, within five minutes of meeting him, clearly didn't care about football at all, much less Morton. So definitely an arsehole, but a mitigated one.

I try to focus on absolute snakes who were calculated in their fecklessness, and ones who have held a grudge against The Famous - a club whom for most of them represents the high-water mark of their "career". Far from being grateful for such an opportunity, they tend to sneer at our 145-year-old institution.

Due to just how recent it was I may be a bit biased in saying Dean Keenan, but I'm going for him anyway, narrowly beating Marc "Mark" Fitzpatrick. What "Fitz" did was actually worse, but he seems to have let it go, whereas Keenan will still be scrambling for relevance when he's gracelessly buried in a tattie field somewhere near Drongan.

Nobody exemplified the naked table tennis period of our history more than this clown. You have to wonder what he'd make of the sports science going on now. It's a shame he's not around to experience it, maybe one of the boffins could give him a personality transplant and some kind of basic ability supplement.

He did once throw a water bottle at Jim McInally at Forthbank when he was subbed off, but unfortunately this positive character reference can only go so far. So, step forward to receive your award, Dean Keenan. You are the biggest snake in the proud history of this football club. 

EOho8Pw.png

Due to just how recent it was I may be a bit biased in saying Dean Keenan, but I'm going for him anyway, narrowly beating Marc "Mark" Fitzpatrick. What "Fitz" did was actually worse, but he seems to have let it go, whereas Keenan will still be scrambling for relevance when he's gracelessly buried in a tattie field somewhere near Drongan.

Have I missed something here...?

AWMSC

Have I missed something here...?

In a disastrous season for our club he saw fit to taunt supporters by saying our turnstile money was paying for his holiday. Which was true, of course, but hardly something to rub in.

EOho8Pw.png

Was a tough choice but in the end went for Mark Fitzpatrick.

Scott Mclaughlin will be sitting absolutely fizzing that he's not winning.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Agreed. Would rather Gary O'Connor than Simmonds.

O'Connor was indeed a wage thief but it was Morton who were desperate for him to sign - daft money for a player who was honest from the outset that he was not close to being match-fit. If anyone at Morton had done a little homework they would have known O'Connor had major issue in his life that ensured football was not his priority!

Archived