Dundee United vs Morton - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dundee United vs Morton

BishopBrennan

Good point obviously but naturally feels like a defeat with the sucker punch.

It really doesn’t: not least because they then got another five minutes through stoppage time and came close to winning the game in it.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In isolation it’s certainly a good result but still disappointed we couldn’t hold on. The goal felt inevitable, as it does the majority of times we sit back and attempt to hold a lead. Hopefully it hasn’t completely knocked our confidence ahead of next week, as Dundee are more than beatable at Cappielow.

In isolation it’s certainly a good result but still disappointed we couldn’t hold on. The goal felt inevitable, as it does the majority of times we sit back and attempt to hold a lead. Hopefully it hasn’t completely knocked our confidence ahead of next week, as Dundee are more than beatable at Cappielow.

Why would it knock the confidence put in a good shift and got a point at the league leaders would surely boost their confidence.

Why would it knock the confidence put in a good shift and got a point at the league leaders would surely boost their confidence.

Well aye, but we also conceded in the 90th minute. You’d hope it wouldn’t have too much of an impact but you can never fully tell.

After a ropey start defence were solid and Roger's was immence, until the 90 min.

Yes it was a backs to the wall game and I felt we need an outball option Dundee U didn't look that great at the back.

Would like to see the video of the goal was Shankland offside or just timed his run to perfection?

Anyway thanks to the team for leaving the comps at the turnstile first free game in a life of following the Ton.

Let's get into Dundee they made Dunfermline look like PSG at times on Friday.

After a ropey start defence were solid and Roger's was immence, until the 90 min.

Yes it was a backs to the wall game and I felt we need an outball option Dundee U didn't look that great at the back.

Would like to see the video of the goal was Shankland offside or just timed his run to perfection?

Anyway thanks to the team for leaving the comps at the turnstile first free game in a life of following the Ton.

Let's get into Dundee they made Dunfermline look like PSG at times on Friday.

Comps?

It was a frustrating goal to concede, and a preventable one, but overall it was a good performance and an unexpected point. The goal we scored was well worked, and the delivery from Cadden was sublime yet again. Orsi anticipated it well and scored a cracking header. It's easy to say we shouldn't have been defending that deep, and I think we should have been more aggressive in our midfield pressing, but I thought for the most part our game management was fantastic. 

I think our lack of a third substitution highlighted the fact that Blues isn't good enough and that we should be actively looking for a central midfielder. If we had a capable midfielder on the bench then we could have played a more aggressive midfield press, but I wouldn't have had much faith in Blues being able to carry that out. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Ended up in a 7-3-0 formation towards the end of this, had absolutely no outlet at all. Even coming on to see out games/organise people, I’m still not sure how I feel about Chris Millar.

There were some pretty audible shouts of NOOO when he stepped out to come on on Saturday. Not nice for the guy as he had to have heard them.

Agree though, not overly keen on seeing him out there.

Archived