Team of the Decade - Attackers - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Team of the Decade - Attackers

Admin

TOTD  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Attackers

• Peter Weatherson
    • Brian Graham
    • Kevin Kelbie
    • Derek Lyle
    • Archie Campbell
    • Peter MacDonald
    • Colin 'Alan' McMenamin
    • Kabba-Modou Cham
    • Dougie Imrie
    • Stefan McCluskey
    • Declan McManus
    • Bobby Barr
    • Denny Johnstone
    • Paul McMullan
    • Jai Quitongo
    • Aidan Nesbitt
    • Gary Oliver
    • Kudus Oyenuga
    • Lawrence Shankland
    • Scott Tiffoney
    • Bob McHugh
    • Greg Kiltie
    • Nicky Cadden
    • Cameron Salkeld
    • John Sutton

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team should be some sort of 352 as only Peaso and Imrie really deserve forward spots. Forbes should've made the midfield as well.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Team should be some sort of 352 as only Peaso and Imrie really deserve forward spots. Forbes should've made the midfield as well.

It all really depends on whether you're looking for a team, as such, or if you're just generally looking for the best defenders, midfielders, and strikers (like you're picking a fantasy football team).

If it's the former then any formation gives the same issue of looking for full backs or wing backs. But, that aside, it still should have been a 4-4-2 diamond formation at worst. In either case, though, 3 forwards doesn't work for us.

If it's the latter, then we should have just picked 4 centre backs for the back 4.

Voting for a guy who we only had on loan and played 14 games for us to be in our team of the decade is an embarrassment.

Gavin Gunning only played 12 games for us. Should he not be picked either?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Gavin Gunning only played 12 games for us. Should he not be picked either?

You address him by his proper title, you little bollocks.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

No chance. O’Ware and Lamie should be the centre half pairing.

Do you think both Kiltie and Gunning deserve to be in our team of the decade?

Accidentally deleted another post about this, but I can at least see the argument for Gunning as he was a genuine stand out and a clear cut above, but its hard to say that makes him one of the best two defenders of the decade.

I wouldn't be particularly keen on O'Ware as I didn't think he was really that great over the piece but he contributed more than Gunning.

Kiltie being in is bizarre. He had a couple of decent games and was unremarkable the rest - clearly a talented player but not close to as important as McManus was. The contribution McManus made in that title win was huge and outshines anybody outwith Peaso and Imrie.

AWMSC

No chance. O’Ware and Lamie should be the centre half pairing.

Do you think both Kiltie and Gunning deserve to be in our team of the decade?

Gunning was a considerably better centre back in his Morton appearances than O’Ware (I’d also have McCaffrey and Findlay beside Lamie before O’Ware) despite his short time with us, so yes. Gunning being a better player while at Morton isn’t up for debate despite only being here briefly. O’Ware being here for much longer doesn’t mean he was anywhere near as good at football as Gunning.

For Kiltie I can at least see the argument in favour of McManus and Johnstone, who both had excellent full seasons, in McManus’ case being our best player as we won a title. You can certainly argue about their respective influences on the sides they were in, although the claim in this thread that Kitle was ‘unremarkable’ as he dragged his teammates kicking and screaming away from relegation and into the top half is laughable; he was our best player last season by a considerable distance.

However, McManus was doing it a division lower and ultimately I think Kiltie was a better player than him in a Morton shirt.Yes, it was only 14 games, but that’s hardly like rocking up as a trialist for three games then pissing off - 14 games is enough to significantly impact on a season and he did.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Sir Gavin Gunning was unquestionably the best defender to have graced a Morton jersey since the hacksaw heroes of 1922 and anyone who questions his entry in this team should be sectioned on public health grounds.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Accidentally deleted another post about this, but I can at least see the argument for Gunning as he was a genuine stand out and a clear cut above, but its hard to say that makes him one of the best two defenders of the decade.

I wouldn't be particularly keen on O'Ware as I didn't think he was really that great over the piece but he contributed more than Gunning.

Kiltie being in is bizarre. He had a couple of decent games and was unremarkable the rest - clearly a talented player but not close to as important as McManus was. The contribution McManus made in that title win was huge and outshines anybody outwith Peaso and Imrie.

Agree re McManus

Was Imrie really that good for us?

Ok so he scored that goal against shellic but I thought he flattered to deceive

Peaso however was class

Agree re McManus

Was Imrie really that good for us?

Ok so he scored that goal against shellic but I thought he flattered to deceive

^^^ idiot found

Has to be the most embarrassing result of a poll in the history of this message board. Can’t believe it went on Twitter, if I was a fan of the opposition I’d be trolling off the back of this for years !

pen.jpg

I've been overseas for 7 years so I'm largely reliant on second-hand opinions, but is Jai Quitongo really only deserving of one vote?

Up until his injury the general consensus on this board seemed to be that he was a top-flight player (if not better) in the making.

I appreciate that the manner in which he left, his career since, partner-beating charges and general all-round behaviour count against him, but on the basis of what he did actually contribute on the field it seems like he should be contesting third place?

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

Archived