Morton team of the decade - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton team of the decade

Hej

Aren't you all jumping the gun here?

31st December 2020 is the end of the decade.

^^^ idiot found

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your ‘respectful’ disagreement means absolutely nothing to me nor to the Rafa Benitez approved facts involved in this case. Picking some generic jobber over the likes of Cham - the attacking spearhead for the worst campaign in the club’s modern history (outside of administration) - or Donovan ‘SPL’ Simmonds - an even bigger downgrade from Brian Wake than the Forbes/Barrowman swap of the century - is simply wrong on a cellular level.

Haven’t been following this thread but McManus definitely in the squad for single handedly getting us promotion to the championship with Duffy as manager

No doubt the usual losers will disagree but without his brilliant contribution we would still be in the lower echelons of Scottish football

Haven’t been following this thread but McManus definitely in the squad for single handedly getting us promotion to the championship with Duffy as manager

No doubt the usual losers will disagree but without his brilliant contribution we would still be in the lower echelons of Scottish football

There is a case to be made for him, but people choose their teams in different ways. Others might want people who were at the club longer, or who did well in the Championship.

I only made one game that McManus season, the 3-2 win over Stenny (from 2-0 down), so I'll always have fond memories of him, but is he an automatic pick? Not sure.

EOho8Pw.png

• 2 weeks later...

It's time to formalise this; 

Over the course of the next fortnight or so, we will have a series of polls to determine the Team of the Decade, and the Diddies of the Decade. Both teams will be a 4-3-3 formation (wingers will be counted as forwards for the sake of convenience). Players who made less than 10 appearances won't feature. 

The goalkeeper vote is now live, happy voting! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If any further compelling evidence was needed to show that Morton fans get the clown-car football club that they deserve, it’s that total shanner of a lineup.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Kiltie over Forbes :lol:

McGuffie :lol:

Ireda;e :lol:

Start it all over again with a proper formation. Someone else do it this time so the admin doesn't make a cunt of it again.

You picked a back four with Doyle and Russell :lol:

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

As we actually have a midfield who all played together in Jenkins, Tidser & Bachirou, our record when our three best midfielders of the decade were starting together...

P11 W3 D2 L6 in a team which finished 7th. (10 league games, the other a 3-1 defeat at Ross County in the Challenge Cup).

It is skewed a bit by the classic end of season Young brother inspired downing of tools with three of the defeats being the last three games of the season, but that's still very bad.

If anyone's wondering how they only played together 11 times having been at the club all season, Bachirou was injured for October and most of November but even when fit wasn't really an established starter until very late in the season. Graeme Holmes and Carlo Monti both started more games and Darren Young also started ahead of him on several occasions. Tremendous stuff.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

As we actually have a midfield who all played together in Jenkins, Tidser & Bachirou, our record when our three best midfielders of the decade were starting together...

P11 W3 D2 L6 in a team which finished 7th. (10 league games, the other a 3-1 defeat at Ross County in the Challenge Cup).

It is skewed a bit by the classic end of season Young brother inspired downing of tools with three of the defeats being the last three games of the season, but that's still very bad.

If anyone's wondering how they only played together 11 times having been at the club all season, Bachirou was injured for October and most of November but even when fit wasn't really an established starter until very late in the season. Graeme Holmes and Carlo Monti both started more games and Darren Young also started ahead of him on several occasions. Tremendous stuff.

Tidser turned 21 in the January of that season, Fred turned 21 in the April. It was a very early point in both of their careers. Tidser was still a bit raw, and received quite a bit of criticism from some supporters that season. Fred was raw as well. That was certainly a settling in period for both - and neither would be in the team of the decade on their performances that year.

Russell at least enjoyed good years at Morton. Doyle was popular but had a good first half a season and declined thereafter. Iredale is a better player than Russell but Russell probably did more for us.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

The three omissions from the team which I think are very surprising - No Hardie, Forbes or Strapp.

Granted that Lewis Strapp is currently surrounded by complete dung, but I'm convinced that he will go on to play at the highest level. He hasn't put a foot wrong this season, and for someone so young he plays like he has been around for ages.

*insert signature here*

The three omissions from the team which I think are very surprising - No Hardie, Forbes or Strapp.

Granted that Lewis Strapp is currently surrounded by complete dung, but I'm convinced that he will go on to play at the highest level. He hasn't put a foot wrong this season, and for someone so young he plays like he has been around for ages.

Bit soon to be putting him in the team of the decade, but I agree that he looks a terrific prospect.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived