Highest Reputation Content

#1128246 New Catering

Posted by Toby on 23 September 2019 - 08:30 AM

With the Old Firm both playing on Sundays now there are a lot of people in Greenock with free Saturdays. Obviously a lot of Morton fans don't want these people to come to our games but it is an opportunity to earn some extra dosh and maybe their weans will enjoy it so much that they become Morton fans

Morton’s stance in refusing to vote your former club’s tribute act into the then First Division in 2012 has finished off the chances of a lot of that mob returning as casual visitors to Cappielow. They see us as enemies who tried to kill them, when in fact they succeeded in killing them.

A hit worth taking, I feel :).

#1128819 Morton vs. Dunfermline - 5/10/19

Posted by hoodless on 06 October 2019 - 06:58 PM

Gave yesterday a miss. Can’t be bothered with the nonsense of having to join two slow moving queues to get into a game. Convinced it is costing the club thousands of pounds at every home game... idiotic.

Just fuck off and don’t come back then.

#1130577 Morton team of the decade

Posted by Toby on 21 November 2019 - 09:34 PM

And where are these guys playing their club football? Being a fringe Scotland player is not a great achievement these days. They were all loan players too? Shouldn’t even count... I certainly didn’t consider loan players.

In previous decades we had players that went on to play for big clubs in England.

Millar did brilliantly for himself at St Johnstone, the peak of where he was capable of playing. Sadly we got him back when St Johnstone thought he was done... they were correct.

Absolutely none of this is relevant to what said in your original point/trolling attempt.

You said none of them went on to play at "a good level". Three of them have played international football (four if you include that wee rat Bachirou), it's pretty much the biggest honour a player can get in the game.

You moving the goalposts and setting your own wee set of rules as to which player is applicable for what was in actual fact an all encompassing swipe doesn't cut it I'm afraid. No wonder the weans despise you.

#1126879 Squad and transfers 2019/20

Posted by Jamie_M on 28 August 2019 - 02:31 PM

Someone on Facebook says they saw him limping at the Tesco petrol station.

You want to have heard his roar when he stopped the pump right on £20.

#1125305 MCT Ask Me Anything

Posted by LargsTON on 06 August 2019 - 10:35 AM

Hopefully it covers a national Express one way ticket and a Ryanair flight to Amsterdam as well.

#1117762 Why do you hate Falkirk?

Posted by LargsTON on 02 May 2019 - 07:53 AM

I don’t!

Mods, please.

#1031778 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by Toby on 03 May 2016 - 08:59 PM

Ten years on, and after spending the whole season in the play off positions without threatening to actually win the league, former manager Jim McInally's Peterhead fail spectacularly at the first hurdle once we get down to the nitty gritty. Can't think where I've seen this story before.

Another play off failure for oor Jim, better hope there are no sectarian bigots that are losing their patience in the Peterhead support.

Fantastic :D .

#1129858 Time To Go, Hopkin

Posted by vikingTON on 01 November 2019 - 11:19 PM

This is an abysmal standard of division where fine margins decide the outcome of a lot of matches. There are three areas where Hopkin is quite clearly costing us those points right now:

Transfers - tasked with building a small and versatile squad with reasonable quality, instead we’ve got a bloated mess that looks like a 14 year old playing Football Manager. Ramsbottom; Livingstone; McLean; van Sheik; Muirhead; King; Orsi; Blues are all either not good enough, unnecessary or have simply been removed from the face of the earth already. Even Dundee United would struggle to carry so much waste in their squad - under the club’s current circumstances, it is suicidally inept to do so.

Team selection - even now Ramsbottom and Muirhead are starters, while Salkeld was out in the cold until just a week ago. He simply doesn’t know his best formation or starting eleven.

Game management - Whatever tactical gameplan Hopkin wants his team to do is only implemented for brief periods, there’s no concerted pressing as he claimed would be the plan when appointed. The failure to use substitutions effectively has assured that we’d drop all six points from our last two games alone.

A merely average manager with the resources and choices available to Hopkin - as set out above - would have us comfortably within the midtable pack right now. I’m not expecting a team of world beaters, but we’ve easily left 5-7 points on the table at this point in the season through poor management. And there’s no reason to think that won’t become 15 or more by May, which would be fatal to the club’s Championship status without a change.

#1102480 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by Toby on 14 October 2018 - 08:43 PM

Good luck to Duffy is what I say. Took us to the playoff and Hampden and seems a decent guy. He gets the Partick job then good luck to him.

Nah- I liked him too, but f*ck wishing a guy who could be going to one of our direct rivals well. especially a horrible wee club like them.

We’re Morton fans, not Jim Duffy fans. Hope he has a nightmare and they go down in the play offs, joining those peasants from Grangemouth in League One.

#1093968 The KKK Bin Pub Review Thread

Posted by K K Kelbie on 13 June 2018 - 07:34 PM

The KKK Bin Pub Review #5 - The Thistle Bar

Firstly, readers who aren't clued up on the comings and goings of Greater Greenock's thriving bin pub scene will be wondering: where the **** is 'The Thistle Bar'? 

A: The Thistle is a bin pub on the site of the former Lynedoch Bar, which did a Rangers after either i) sectarian-based violence in the premises or ii) running a series of 'special' opening times and being caught by the pigs a few years ago. It doesn't open for the new-fangled 'derby' matches involving the bigots - which leaves this magnificent bin pristine for the rest of us during the year. 

64759_31753de3.jpg?w=2

43322741.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Good: As the picture suggests, the owners of The Thistle are trying very hard to make it something more than a bin pub - a super fun karaoke bar to be precise. But just like you can't take the Big Mags effect out of a Raploch wean, you can't take the 'bin' out of what used to be the ****ing Lynedoch either. When popular with the locals, the pub feels like its always one spilled pint away from a mass rammy. Which is exactly how it should be. 

The owners best intentions pay off in the service, which is undoubtedly the best available even by Greenock's magnificent standards in watering holes. Big boy measures of Smirnoff cost a mere £1.50 with pints at £2.50.  In return, guests are able to watch the football on Sky as well as BT Sport without having to use some buckshee box that the owner of the pub took out of a skip the night before, as well as having use of a pool table. At the moment they're flogging Tennents at £2 a pint and a Glens with dash for £1.40 - making it by far the cheapest pub in the town that doesn't serve Tiger.

Bad: Nothing to report from the official KKK visit. 

Mixed: The pub doesn't have an authentic wine list - El Dorado or Buckfast in their rightful storage conditions - but it does offer the inferior, English swill as part of a Bucky-bomb for £1.50. The official KKK Bin Pub Guide is agnostic about this situation. 

Rating: 3Ks out of 3. Offering all required amenities for a low price, big measures and a taste of malice in the air, The Thistle wins a hearty KKK stamp of approval as a bin pub. Anyone who chooses to trot along to the James Watt or even worse, that Tail of the Bank monstrosity instead of taking the brief detour up to it from Greenock's Golden Mile needs to take a long hard ****ing look at themselves. But the owners of The Thistle are making an effort - which means that for all its impeccable bin qualities it hasn't built up the character features that separate the best bins of all from the rest. Close but no cigar. 

#1074774 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by cmdc on 10 September 2017 - 12:43 PM

No idea but tastier than Burslem lobby I would think. No doubt GG is enjoying eating his humble pie though. That guy knows how to build a career.
Has he told you whether he likes Abba yet, I have him pegged as a Pet Shop Boys fan.

You seem like a bit of a dick.

#1048109 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by vikingTON on 21 November 2016 - 11:50 PM

Pics or it didn't happen.

No, it simply happened. And no one in their right mind would give pictures to a creep like yourself anyway.

Back in your box then.

#1048079 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by vikingTON on 21 November 2016 - 07:39 PM

Ed de Ball - posts: 531

Another effortless victory for The Clique. 

dance.gif

#1047654 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by LargsTON on 17 November 2016 - 07:48 PM

You can't be that good at it if you're still practicing.  :blink:

You must be an expert at giving Ernie a bawhum by now.

#1130916 Morton v Brora Rangers

Posted by Toby on 03 December 2019 - 10:08 PM

Exactly what should’ve been done the first time, but glad we’ve at least avoided another humiliation.

Aye, all things considered it was a thoroughly enjoyable night.

We were at it from the off, the result was never in doubt, it was a new ground to visit for a lot of the (very big, in relative terms) travelling support and the club did some good PR work to get folk a bit more onside with them.

Was well worth the day off work :).

#1130669 Morton v Brora Rangers

Posted by gmfc23 on 23 November 2019 - 11:57 PM

Wow wow look at me I know people. Ffs nobody gives a fuck you come across as a complete stuck up prick n total loser.

#1130572 Morton team of the decade

Posted by Toby on 21 November 2019 - 06:07 PM

Shocking how bad our ‘Team of the Decade’ looks.

Not really one outstanding player there. Sums up the last decade really, absolute mediocrity.

Bachirou the only player that went on to play at a good level (don’t count average clubs in the SPL as a good level).

Barrie McKay, Stuart Findlay and Lawrence Shankland all went on to play for Scotland, you insufferable fuckwit.

#1130446 Championship 19/20

Posted by InverAlly on 19 November 2019 - 03:59 PM

Can't believe folk actually believe what's printed in the Telegraph.

Mark handed his notice in on Saturday evening, having notified CEO previously that he had an offer.

All players left the pitch at 1715 and Mark went to turn off the floodlights, as normal.

Between him leaving the pitch and going to the switch room (at Sinclair St turnstiles), a player decided to go back on the pitch for some further training. Mark returns to the pitch area and confronted by Assistant Manager. The abuse and language aimed at Mark, inches from his face and witnessed by many was a disgrace.

Intimidation, Aggression and bullying has no place in anyone's place of work, and everyone should be treated with the same respect and dignity. 

Mark Farrell has been a tremendous servant to the club, often going above and beyond the call of duty. He has a young family to look after and I, along with I would imagine the vast majority of the support, wish him well in his future career.

It's a bloody shame his time at Morton is ending in this manner.

#1129518 Morton v Inverness Th

Posted by centralTON on 26 October 2019 - 05:29 PM

Meanwhile, in the lowly depths of the seaside leagues, King Snake and all his mercenary henchmen are slumping to a miserable home defeat to some tinpot outfit called 'Clyde'. What a terrible, wee shame. 

Just spoke to two Fawkurk fans in my local 2 mins ago, they want the snake punted, again, what a terrible wee shame. 

#1129393 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by BluebirdTon on 23 October 2019 - 07:35 PM

I’d welcome him back with broken arms.